Global Thermoelectric is the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of Thermoelectric Generators (TEGs) and a leading supplier of remote power systems. The Company’s products are used extensively in the oil and gas industry as well as for telecommunications, security and surveillance and military applications. We solve the real technical challenges presented by our customers to put power where they need it.
With sales into 50 countries, Global has been providing reliable solutions for critical remote power applications around the world since 1975. The Company has maintained a particular focus on oil and gas markets where there is an acknowledged niche for Global’s solid state (i.e. no moving parts) TEGs for pipeline, gas well and offshore platform applications. The Company also enters into OEM relationships with third parties seeking to incorporate Global's thermoelectric heat conversion devices into their own products.
Global also provides turnkey engineered-to-purpose integrated systems for off-grid, and grid backup applications combining diesel or propane powered generators with battery storage and proprietary control system architectures to achieve autonomous operation for up to 1 year without service or refueling requirements. Global also manufactures ultra-high reliability solar remote power solutions combining photovoltaic’s with thermoelectric backup to achieve otherwise unobtainable levels of system availability.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to join our Global team. You will be a part of a positive, respectful environment where we take genuine pride in all that we do and are passionate about ensuring the success of our customers and our employees.
As part of Sales Engineering (SE) group of the company sales team, the Sales Engineer combines deep technical knowledge with customer skills to support sales managers and customers throughout the pre-sales, quotation support and implementation cycle of Global services and products.
Reporting to the SE Manager, you would be responsible to ensure that the application of Global products of any standard or non-standard sales order is within any applicable specs, standards and customer requirements to increase customer satisfaction and promote the product to global market. You will Assist sales in the definition of business opportunities and support the sales force to close deals. This position also provides quotation support to Sales for custom orders.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance, product education, and after-sales support to Sales Mangers and clients.
- Elaborate technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs.
- Develop pre-sales support documentation.
- Elaborate sales proposals for custom projects and business opportunities, and coordinate internal company activities in bid proposals.
- Contribute in the conceptual design of custom-made products working closely with marketing and engineering teams.
- Act as liaison between the sales team and other departments in the company.
- Elaborate and assist activities to ensure effective after-sales support and prompt resolution of commercial/technical issues.
- Support sales and marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other events.
- Participate in the definition and planning of future products and services by monitoring changes in technology and market trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Technical degree, preferably in Mechanical or an Oil and Gas related discipline, from a recognized technical institution.
- Professional Engineer Designation is desired or at a minimum candidates must be eligible to obtain this designation.
- Formal education in Project Management or Sales Development would be a valuable asset.
- At least 3 years of experience in O&G with a preference for those with experience in Remote Power or Power Generation fields in positions such as engineering or technical support.
- Experience in a customer facing position involving project management or customer support would be an asset.
- Having experience dealing with or taken courses related to the paint and coating specifications for offshore or environmental applications is an asset.
- Desired experience with API, ANSI, ASME standards
- Read and understand P&ID’s and process flow diagrams.
- A strong understanding of engineering calculations such as steel structural calculation, mechanical motion and stress analysis, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics calculations.
- Experience in product development and/or sales are strong assets.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the one or more of the following sectors: Oil and Gas industry and technology, Process/Mechanical Engineering, Hazardous area/C1D1&C1D2 Enclosures, ATEX Directive 94/9/EC, Gas Analysis and Gas Pressure Reduction System, energy conversion.
- Demonstrated good writing, presentation and communication skills.
- High energy individual.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive, motivated, and persistent with “can do/have to get done” attitude.
- Self starter, team player.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Ability to work in a fast paced global environment.
- Hands-on skills with various software applications including: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, CRM and MSOffice Suite.
The position is based in Calgary, Alberta. Global Thermoelectric will be accepting applications for this position effective immediately. Please submit your resume to electronically.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates deemed to meet the criteria set out above will be contacted for interview.