Global Thermoelectric is the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of Thermoelectric Generators (TEGs) and a leading supplier of remote power systems. The Company’s products are used extensively in the oil and gas industry as well as for telecommunications, security and surveillance and military applications. We solve the real technical challenges presented by our customers to put power where they need it.
With sales into 50 countries, Global has been providing reliable solutions for critical remote power applications around the world since 1975. The Company has maintained a particular focus on oil and gas markets where there is an acknowledged niche for Global’s solid state (i.e. no moving parts) TEGs for pipeline, gas well and offshore platform applications. The Company also enters into OEM relationships with third parties seeking to incorporate Global's thermoelectric heat conversion devices into their own products.
Global also provides turnkey engineered-to-purpose integrated systems for off-grid, and grid backup applications combining diesel or propane powered generators with battery storage and proprietary control system architectures to achieve autonomous operation for up to 1 year without service or refueling requirements. Global also manufactures ultra-high reliability solar remote power solutions combining photovoltaic’s with thermoelectric backup to achieve otherwise unobtainable levels of system availability.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to join our Global team. You will be a part of a positive, respectful environment where we take genuine pride in all that we do and are passionate about ensuring the success of our customers and our employees.
As part of the Integrated Systems Team this position primary function will be the liaison between Sales and Production.
Reporting to the Director, Custom Projects, you would be responsible for defining the “Custom” or “Special” content of any non-standard sales order and to ensure that the necessary design and procurement specifications are defined to allow for the execution of the sales order by production. You will assist the Project Manager to ensure that a project plan is put in place which will address all elements of the sales order and the timelines for turning over required documentation to Production. This position also provides quotation support to Sales Engineering for custom orders.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provide bid quotation support to Sales for custom quotes by sourcing components, parts specifications, preliminary system design, ensuring technical bid documentation is correct
- Liaise with sales and the end customer as necessary to ensure that the design will meet the customer’s requirements
- Creation and maintenance of Customer Order Data Sheet (CODS) to clearly detail the custom and standard content of custom orders
- Execution of all activities required for handing off custom orders to Production including design, generation of drawings, procurement specifications, test plans and any other required customer documentation for the order
- Ensure that the finished order has been manufactured and tested to acceptable engineering standards
- Support to production, custom production and customer service as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Engineering Degree with APEGGA eligibility (P Eng.)
- Strong organizational or project management skills
- 5 + years experience for systems integration engineering of oil and gas type equipment.
- Desired experience in detailed mechanical machining, sheet metal design, welding and assembly design
- Desired experience with API, ANSI, ASME standards
- Read and understand P&ID’s and process flow diagrams
- Strong ability in engineering calculation such as steel structural calculation, mechanical motion and stress analysis, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics calculations
- Familiar with AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving / analytical capabilities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter with a strong internal customer service focus.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates deemed to meet the criteria set out above will be contacted for an interview.