Global Thermoelectric is looking for a Master Planner to plan and schedule production for all our Custom Orders.
Global Thermoelectric is the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of thermoelectric generators (TEGs) and one of the world’s leading suppliers of remote power systems. The Company’s products are used extensively in remote oil & gas and telecommunications applications as well as security & surveillance and military applications and solve the real technical challenges presented by our customers.
With sales into 50 countries, Global has been providing reliable solutions for critical remote power applications around the world since 1975. The Company has maintained a particular focus on oil and gas markets where there is an acknowledged niche for Global’s solid state (i.e. no moving parts) TEGs for pipeline, gas well and offshore platform applications. The Company also enters into OEM relationships with third parties seeking to incorporate Global's thermoelectric heat conversion devices into their own products.
Global also provides turnkey engineered-to-purpose integrated systems for off-grid, and grid backup applications combining diesel or propane powered generators with battery storage and proprietary control system architectures to achieve autonomous operation for up to 1 year without service or refueling requirements. Global also manufactures ultra high reliability solar remote power solutions combining photovoltaics with thermoelectric backup to achieve otherwise unobtainable levels of system availability.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to join our Global Team. You will be a part of a positive, respectful environment where we take genuine pride in all that we do and are passionate about ensuring the success of our customers and our employees.
Reporting to the Calgary Plant Manager, this position will directly ensure that all Custom Orders are planned, and execute to plan. This includes overall planning for the materials and resources required to complete the project on time and on budget.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* * This position is to be aware of the Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) procedures, rules and regulations Employees are responsible for inspecting there place of work and equipment before using, informing the Manager of any incidents or EH&S issues, and using personal protective equipment and other safety equipment as required.
- This position will have a complete understanding of the Quality Management System and follow the requirements of its policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Translation of the overall project plan and schedule into the production plan and schedule.
- Interfacing on Custom Orders as required with Production, Purchasing, Project Management, IS Engineering to:
- Establish location for integration and testing
- Determine, communicate and get buy in for the production schedule, based on the project schedule
- Verify materials and sub/assemblies will be available as per schedule
- Verify upstream project deliverables are be provided as required by production
- Report on production issues and countermeasures in real time for the custom projects.
- Create, modify or improve processes as required for effective operations.*
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
* * Positive attitude and team player.
- Minimum of 5 years experience planning/scheduling production in a dynamic work environment.
- Post secondary education in a related field (engineering, business, supply chain etc.).
- Project Management experience is considered an asset..
- Strong analytical and problem solving.
- Knowledge of electrical / mechanical systems. Ability to work with a wide variety of engineering disciplines.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including proficiency in MS Project.
- A self-starter with a strong internal customer service focus.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong written & verbal communication skills – English*
Global Thermoelectric Inc. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Qualified applicants should apply via email.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates deemed to meet the criteria set out above will be contacted for interview.