Global is looking for an entry level project manager to oversee the design and construction of high value custom packaged power solutions. This is a new position reporting to the Director, Custom Projects.
Global Thermoelectric is the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of Thermoelectric Generators (TEGs) and a leading supplier of remote power systems. The Company’s products are used extensively in the oil and gas industry as well as for telecommunications, security and surveillance and military applications. We solve the real technical challenges presented by our customers to put power where they need it.
With sales into 50 countries, Global has been providing reliable solutions for critical remote power applications around the world since 1975. The Company has maintained a particular focus on oil and gas markets where there is an acknowledged niche for Global’s solid state (i.e. no moving parts) TEGs for pipeline, gas well and offshore platform applications. The Company also enters into OEM relationships with third parties seeking to incorporate Global's thermoelectric heat conversion devices into their own products.
Global also provides turnkey engineered-to-purpose integrated systems for off-grid, and grid backup applications combining diesel or propane powered generators with battery storage and proprietary control system architectures to achieve autonomous operation for up to 1 year without service or refueling requirements. Global also manufactures ultra-high reliability solar remote power solutions combining photovoltaic’s with thermoelectric backup to achieve otherwise unobtainable levels of system availability.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to join our Global team. You will be a part of a positive, respectful environment where we take genuine pride in all that we do and are passionate about ensuring the success of our customers and our employees.
The Project Manager will be responsible for providing overall project management for in-house custom orders for Global’s packaged remote power solutions. He/She will be looked to for guidance and decision-making on major issues related to execution and delivery. The individual will maintain an ongoing work plan and will ensure that all work carried out is in alignment with the goals and objectives of the business as defined by the Executive Team.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
The Project Manager is responsible for creating and executing project work plans and revising them as appropriate to meet the changing requirements; managing resources in conjunction with functional managers, production and sub-contractors and managing the day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope. The PM effectively manages project risk through mitigation planning; monitors and reports on schedule and cost, margins and profitability; effectively applies Project Management methodology; prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures and ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Initial Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Understands cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- A background in mechanical or electrical engineering would be an asset.
- Experience in project management for engineered mechanical or electrical systems is a definite asset.
- Exposure to electrical codes and standards would be beneficial.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each contributor’s capabilities and/or interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Encourages “straight talk” among team members.
- Effectively works with team and functional managers to ensure that relevant communication with the customer is done in a timely and appropriate manner
- 2-5 years experience in Program/Project Management;
- Experience managing in a cross-functional team environment;
- Either a P.Eng. or a C.E.T. designation;
- Project Management Certification from a recognized institution/association;
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas and/or electrical industries will be of particular interest;
- Candidate should have good interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external customers as well as a diverse staff group;
- The ideal candidate will have sufficient project management skills to co-ordinate $1M+ orders and will be able to develop the required processes of work to elevate the overall performance of any cross functional team;
- Skilled in managing several projects at once.
On the Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Employee Introduction Program
- Leadership Training Program
- Management Leadership Training
- Develop general understanding of thermoelectric generators
- Develop strong understanding of Company’s markets and application requirements
- Strong knowledge of Company’s products
Global Thermoelectric Inc. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates deemed to meet the criteria set out above will be contacted for an interview.