Global Thermoelectric is looking for an Administrative / Document Control Assistant with an intermediate level of experience to assist with the administrative and documentation requirements of custom engineering projects as well as standard products. This position reports to the Director of Custom Projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Project Management and Engineering groups as well as assisting with the management of documentation for custom projects and technical product literature. Working within the Project Management group, the successful candidate will be directly assisting the Documentation Controller and be part of multiple project teams. In addition, the Administrative / Document Control Assistant will edit, maintain and electronically submit technical product literature such as technical data sheets and manuals under the direction of the Documentation Controller.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
The Administrative / Document Control Assistant is responsible for the following:
- General administrative support to the PM and Engineering groups including typing, scanning, printing;
- Data entry and maintenance of quality test records for custom projects;
- Transposing meeting minutes from engineering design reviews and project meetings as required;
- Update documents to standardized formats;
- Assist in event/meeting planning; preparing board rooms, arranging catering services, coordinating with internal/external stakeholders as required;
- Reception relief as required.
- Updating the Supplier Document Schedule (SDS);
- Submitting and tracking documentation to/from clients as required by the SDS;
- Organizing project binders, manuals, and supporting documentation;
- Reporting on project documentation status and following up with deficient documentation;
- Maintain technical product documents such as manuals and brochures using publishing software (Quark or InDesign);
- Ensure project and product documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately;
- Maintain the technical catalog / specifications library;
Initial Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Effectively works with team and functional managers to ensure that relevant communication with the customer is done in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Able to communicate with international clients in an appropriate manner;
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Intermediate knowledge of Quark and/or Adobe InDesign;
- Experience compiling documents in Adobe Acrobat;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and PowerPoint would be an asset.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administrative/organizational role with exposure to document control an asset;
- Knowledge/experience with Quark or Adobe InDesign;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Strong attention to the smallest details;
- Well rounded organizational skills;
- Candidate should have good interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external customers as well as a diverse staff group;
- Skilled in managing several tasks, with competing priorities, at once. Maintaining a task list and ensuring that all tasks are completed on time.
On the Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Develop general understanding of thermoelectric generators
- Develop strong understanding of Company’s markets and application requirements
- Strong knowledge of Company’s products
- Strong knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical terminology.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Global Thermoelectric Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of solid-oxide, fuel-cell (SOFC) products. It is also engaged...