Global Thermoelectric is the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of thermoelectric generators (TEG) and one of the world’s leading suppliers of remote power systems. The Company’s products are used extensively in remote oil & gas and telecommunications applications as well as security & surveillance and military applications.
With sales into 50 countries, Global has been providing reliable solutions for critical remote power applications around the world since 1975. The Company has maintained a particular focus on oil and gas markets where there is an acknowledged niche for Global’s solid state (i.e. no moving parts) TEGs for pipeline, gas well, and offshore platform applications. The Company also enters into OEM relationships with third parties seeking to incorporate Global's thermoelectric heat conversion devices into their own products.
Global also provides turnkey engineered to purpose integrated systems for off-grid, and grid backup applications combining diesel or propane powered generators with battery storage and proprietary control system architectures to achieve autonomous operation for up to 1 year without service or refueling requirements. Global also manufactures an ultra high reliability solar remote power solutions combining photovoltaics with thermoelectric backup to achieve otherwise unobtainable levels of system availability.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to join our Global Team. You will be a part of a positive, respectful environment where we take genuine pride in all that we do and are passionate about ensuring the success of our customers and our employees.
Global Thermoelectric is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk with an intermediate level of experience to assist with completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for the preparation and processing of cheque runs; typing manual cheques; filing; processing of invoices and employee expense reports; assisting with account reconciliation at month end; preparing journal entries; reconciling vendors accounts; maintaining the vendor data base, assisting with year-end activities, and any other duties as required. The AP Clerk ensures that every thing they touch is in good shape and up to date. We deal with a heavy volume thus 80% of this role is Alpha-numeric data entry.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
The AP Clerk is responsible for;
- Accurate Alpha-numeric data entry.
- Prepare Cheque runs along with manual cheques.
- Accurate Alpha-numeric filing.
- Coding non-Purchase order invoices.
- Setting up new Vendor ID's, vendor maintenance and EFTs.
- Month end reconciliations and preparation of journal entries.
- Reconcile Vendor statements.
- At year end, box up old payable and create new folders for the upcoming year.
- At year end, and working to a six week time constraint, contact and request statements from all vendors.
- Handle payments of utilities.
- Coding, tracking, and recording freight.
- Processing Employee expense reports.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2-3 years general accounting experience required, ideally within the manufacturing sector.
- A preference for those with experience working with an integrated purchase order system (MXP or similar).
- Accurate and strong Alphanumeric data entry skills are required.
- Education or coursework towards an Accounting designation is an asset.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to evaluate job tasks, prioritize work load and carry them out.
- Must possess a strong internal customer service focus and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Willingness to learn and to accept constructive criticism.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Global Thermoelectric will be accepting applications for this position effective immediately. Please submit your resume online.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates deemed to meet the criteria set out above will be contacted for interview. Remuneration will be fair and equitable, in accordance with Global’s standard policies, and based on the candidate’s level of study and experience.