Global Spectrum

Global Spectrum Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Exciting Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: occasional access to the cardinal's locker room.
Cons: n/a
I thought it was nice working in a stadium where a football team practices and trains. I would contribute to the daily work load by setting goals for the possible ground to cover. The team and I would ask the manager how we could help and get our daily task from him/her. The team would then break out into small groups and teams. If were washing seats – more... then it was 1 person per 2 rows of chairs. The same process happened when it was time to power-clean wash the steps. – less
Rather dissapointing
Media Services Manager - Century Center (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 18, 2014
I was disappointed that the promises made when hired did not prove to be correct.I was expected to be there as a manager 8-5 as well as for all the evening events. As well as to expand the department profits. Never given the opportunity to make the job my own.
productive job with chance to watch concerts
Cange over crew (Former Employee), Loveland, COAugust 16, 2014
Most days we would change the hockey rink for different events. Have some experience using a forklift to move heavy equipment around. Management was a pleasure to work with most of the time.
Not enough hours or pay,A starter job for teenagers.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 7, 2014
Pros: you get free tickets to events
Cons: to many children
Setting the stadium up for concerts or ball games,your working with a hand full of kids that play all day and hide from work .the managers are never around when needed,best part of the day is getting off.
Fun as it turned into the job I currently have.
A/V Technician (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.August 4, 2014
I did all of the work I do now, only our company was purchased by the Nationals.
Organized work environment
Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 20, 2014
Working there was easy because of the flexible hours they have available.
Fun atmosphere
Videographer and Editor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 19, 2014
-Company worked well with college student's schedule
- Learned a lot about producing sporting events
- Co-workers and management created comfortable workspace
- Enjoyable part of job was being a part of the team
Box Office Ticket Representative (Current Employee), Glens Falls NYMay 9, 2014
A typical day of work would include selling tickets, answering phones ect.
Typical day at work
Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2014
Cons: short breaks, long shifts
A typical day at work includes either scanning tickets at the doors, or helping customers find their seats inside the arena. I have learned to deal with people, even when they might not be the friendliest customer to work with.
Fun and exciting place to work.
electrician (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free meals on game days.
Cons: i was only a temp worker so did not get benefits because i only worked part time, 30 hrs per week.
I worked at the University of Phoenix stadium, home of the Arizona Cardinals.
I was hired to do a retro lighting project which involved changing existing light fixtures out to a more econonomical, energy saving light fixture type, throughout the stadium. I also installed motion sensors in all of the stairwells to limit the use of energy consumption – more... in non-use areas. Or low use areas.
Management was well organized in the planning of events and maintenance operations of the stadium.
My co-workers were all well versed in their occupations and easy going and willing to help one another in the different trades and job skills involved in the day to day operations going on at the stadium.
The hardest part of the job for me was having to leave when my job was complete.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping move the field in and out of the stadium. – less
Fun work place
Maintenance (Current Employee), Clovis, NMJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: we always ate free lunch
Cons: the work schedulele is inconsistant, and many people have not been called in for months at a time.
Global Spectrum at the Clovis Civic Center provides the employee with a fun, fast paced work environment. There, I learned how to walk with a serving tray about fifteen minutes before I had to serve customers at an event. Management and my co-workers all bring their best to the company, and make the Civic Center what it truly is. The hardest part of – more... the job, for me, is the hours I would normally work. More often than not, we would be working overnight when I had class early in the morning. The most enjoyable part was, again, the people. The people make the place – less
Global Spectrum Review
Building Attendant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: hourly wages, promotions, location
Cons: didn't always get breaks, union, scheduling
A typical day at Global Spectrum consisted of greeting clients, vacuuming, washing windows, cleaning restrooms, setting up and or striking event set ups. This job showed me how to be independent. There was really no training at this job. The training was learn as you go. There were several supervisors. Majority of the time they would stay in there offices – more... unless they were called over the walkie-talkie by a team member. Me and My co-workers worded independently and got along fine. The hardest part of the job was scheduling. There was never a consistency I could be scheduled anywhere between 5 a.m.- 9 p.m. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. There is an issue with the overall rating. I would give the company 2/5 stars – less
There was none yet
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 29, 2013
• I work in the Gila River Casinos Club at the Jobing .com Arena
• Consistently provides an arena experience that exceeds guests’ expectations by using good judgment and common sense without compromising facility safety and security
• Serves as an information specialist and responds appropriately to guest comments, questions and requests
• Provides – more... guests with directions to seating areas, restrooms, concessions stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• I work at the Club Suite and the Executive Suite.
• When I work at the Executive Suite I work at the podiums. – less
Decent job, Lousy Directors
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MODecember 15, 2013
You are only as good as what you can do tomorrow for them. The management treated you like a tool that could easily be replaced.
Fun workplace. Get to see the Cardinals games
Operations (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free dinner
Cons: long periods of time on my feet
Show up start setting up the seats for the football game on the red zone. Riot control during football games.
Productive, customer service oriented, management career minded and great opportunities to grow professionally.
Director of Convention Services (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 13, 2013
Pros: get to meet new clients every day and make their events a reality.
As the Director of Convention Services I got to manage a great group of 30+ employees in the most important departments as Kitchen, Operations and Catering Managers team.
I was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facility, dealing with clients and event manager to coordinate their event logistics from ideas to floor plan designs and execution – more... of menus and timelines of the events. It was crazy at times but very gratifying.

Ordering of supplies, liquor, food, inventory and quality control of the entire operation as well as the overall facility maintenance.

Here I have learned some of what there is to know about Food and Beverage, something I did not have in my portfolio and it help me understand how the department worked.

The hardest part of the job was to have clients to believe in you as the professional visionary for the execution and followthrough of their event.
The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the event for the client to approach and say THANK YOU, my dream became true. – less
Flexible Job
Custodial/Changeover (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2013
Flexible job that you can base a full-time job around. The job has hard labor and can stress you out if not physically active enough. An awesome perk is being placed on event staff in which you can work during concerts or basketball games.
Great work life balance, and Management is strong
Assistant Ice Tech (Former Employee), Kingston, RINovember 6, 2013
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: short breaks
A very strong and stable company. The typical day consist of helping customers, managing the different teams and fans coming in and out of the ice rink. I learned the value of customer service and how to manage large groups of people.
internship
Internship (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn
Cons: bad supervisor
was stuck in a back office to do busy work for my supervisor. it was a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the industry that i hope to work full time in
Awesome
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2013
Great place to work and meeting new people seeing the games. it was a great pleasure to work for Global Spectrum

About Global Spectrum

Global Spectrum performs a rainbow of services in the facility management arena. The company operates about 70 sports and entertainment – Read more