Global Security

• Salary/Benefits
Producing leads
telemarketer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 6, 2012
telemarketing.
asking people to book an appointment with use in order to sell a alarm system promotion
Working for a striving company
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Mississuaga, ONApril 22, 2012
Pros: long breaks
A typical day would include making phone calls to home owners who may be interested in purchasing home security. I learned that being patience and ambitious were required qualities to be successful in this job. The manager there was very supportive as well as my co workers, everyone was willing to help when I was in need of it. The hardest part of the – more... job was dealing with inconsiderate customers and the most enjoyable part was knowing that the homeowner who purchased the home security, now lives in a safer home. – less
job was good but had to end as didn't receive sia badge
Door Supervisor (Former Employee), birminghamOctober 14, 2014
was enjoyable working the doors but it ended as i didn't receive my SIA badge. i really loved that job making sure all was safe staff aswell as customers.
Great Temporary
Security Guard (Current Employee), Guernsey County, OhioOctober 8, 2014
Great pay and easy job. Management is not flexible or friendly. They don't care whether they keep employees long or not.
Work
Security Agent JFK (Former Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 16, 2014
I had a great time working for this company due to the fact that there was always something new to learn and being a security agent means you have to be alert at all times
Exciting, rapidly changing environment.
Event Security (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: very entertaining, high octane, meet great people
Cons: dangerous, no breaks
Being event security I had to cover assigned areas and maintain and safe environment. Covering doors, checking I.D's and performing security pat downs.

I learned how to rely on the communication with peers to effectively achieve goals. I learned that you always have to keep your focus on the task and not the event itself. Being able to construct tactical – more... plans. – less
Productive Workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Selma, ALSeptember 8, 2014
This was a very laid back job. I basically just patrolled the college campus and worked the security booth.
Solid Company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Butler, PAJune 24, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. It is well-run and mission-oriented.
This is a good job to make sure our community is safe
mobile patrolman (Current Employee), South AucklandJune 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short hours- normally work three or four days a week
I have learned heaps of how to make sure that the given areas for me to protect every nights are secure and safe.
I know that team work is very essential and putting high commitment to work will always help.
Management is good but the hardest part of the job is that we have been trying for a long time to get more hours but we normally work for 3 and – more... sometimes 4 days a week which can be hard for us when we have families to support. I originally signed up for a fulltime position but have been working part time hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I finish my shift every night and found that all my areas are safe and secured. – less
Stressfull
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Auckland, NApril 26, 2014
Pros: vehicle
Cons: 12 hr shifts
Staff shortages created problems
With overlooking 30 plus staff the rosters could not be maintained to a satisfactory level
There were never enough people to fill positions
Fun
Security Agent (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free movie
Cons: not full time
Enjoyed working at Movie Theater dealing with guess. and dealing with customer.
awesome place to work
Security Agent (Former Employee), jfk airportJanuary 18, 2014
great environment to work in, you meet many different passengers in the aviation industry everyday. I always go to work expecting something. I love the energy. great workers and management team.
Good JOB
security officer (Former Employee), PasadenaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: experiences
Cons: check
Dont pay on time. Pay check with no funds. Never work there!!!
love staying busy and like being around people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: there were times we had some great food
Cons: the hours were not always there to pay the bills
Enjoyed the work ,i like bring around people , there were longer hours sometimes we work 60 hours a week, seen a few famous people and i stayed busy and i like that.
excellent company
Security Escort (Former Employee), San Juan, PRNovember 30, 2013
great job experience, they take care of employees
team work
Its an ok job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis,TNNovember 5, 2013
Pros: free gas
Cons: overtime
Working for global security as a supervisor you learned how to communicate with other people ,a typical day of work consists of making out work schedules ,patrolling the areas ,keeping up with daily logs making sure that my workers where at there posted at all times checking in out on the radio making sure they kept out with who entered and left the – more... areas,the hardest part of the job was people stealing from the job and having to chase them down ,the enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and the company/ – less
THE BEST
receptionist + asst to admin dept (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDOctober 12, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: health care
IT WAS BEST MANAGEMENT LOVELY ATMOSPHERE GOOD STAFF & BOSSES WERE THE BEST.
an unique experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: airport experience
Cons: weather extremities.
an unique experience. Very good job. Nice place to work in. Friendly co workers.
Walking around and in Residents homes and parking garage
Courtesy Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2013
Weather was key and rude resiadents who always wanted special treatment against rules and regulations was rough.
Excellent Learning Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 27, 2013
Pros: business owner was an exceptional motivator and good person
Cons: didn't agree with how some of the customers were treated
I didn't know I was going to an interview for selling security systems. I thought I was going to be selling electronic components for AT&T. It turns out they sold a wireless security system manufactured by AT&T.
Little did I know I would spend 20+ years in this industry. haha
I learned "Hard close" sales techniques. I quickly learned I would need to – more... modify these techniques if I wanted to feel good about myself. So, I instead learned to treat my customers exactly how I would want to be treated by the sales person. This translated to empathy, patience, listening skills, reading body language and staying in touch with my customer through the sales process.

This combined with a willingness to work hard and long hours resulted in my achieving Sales Leader of the Month the first 7 out of 9 months on the sales team.

Ultimately, I decided to part ways within a year of employment as I didn't agree with how the customers were being treated. – less

About Global Security

GlobalSecurity.org is focused on innovative approaches to the emerging security challenges of the new millennium. The organization – Read more