Job ID: GRQA144/145
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging -- including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com)
Global Relay is looking for QA Analysts experienced in automation and establishing test environments, writing test scripts, and executing tests for API/protocol driven enterprise products. The successful candidate will be able to work side-by-side with developers to identify and develop test strategies.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and interested in expanding your existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and is capable of working independently as well as in a larger synergetic team setting.
- Participate in Specifications Review, Test Planning, creation and execution of Test Cases, defect reporting and defect verification
- Work closely with development to design, implement and evolve automation tests and frameworks
- Responsible for identifying and raising risks as early as possible in an Agile environment
- Produce project documentation for internal and external use (e.g. FAQs, setup documentation, test plans, test cases, release notes, etc.)
- Assist other QA team members and developers in the setup and configuration of test environments
- Responsible for working on a suite of related Global Relay products
- Collaborate with other departments during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers
- Execute functional and performance testing
- Understand the customer's needs and reflect this knowledge during test case execution and defect investigation
- 5+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance role with a focus on automation
- Strong understanding of automation test practices and design for API/protocol driven products
- Solid understanding of Agile concepts and experience with their application within the QA world
- Ability to implement and maintain automated test cases for API/protocol driven products
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows Platforms
- Prior experience with Git, SVN or CVS for source version control
- Previous exposure to software quality concepts and testing on an enterprise system
- Experience in automation of functional and performance tests
- Familiarity with computer networks and protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, TLS, SSL
- Good understanding of Java including implementation/maintenance of automated tests.
- Familiarity with Java testing frameworks, ideally JUnit.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision and has an appetite for continuous learning; comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with a defect tracking system, preferably JIRA
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration concepts, tools and best practices
- Experience with instant messaging clients such as Yahoo and MSN
- Knowledge of Bamboo, Maven and Puppet as build tools for the test automation code base
- Previous exposure to TestLog for testcase management is beneficial
Apply today -- we have three floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities (including a chef!), a roof top deck & BBQ, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture, awards and community involvement, please visit www.globalrelay.com