The Process Quality Engineer is responsible for driving strategic quality initiatives while working directly with both internal and external customers. This position will drive systemic quality improvement throughout organization. The Process Quality Engineer has the responsibility to identify opportunities and provide leadership to make quality a competitive advantage for organization and its customers.
- The Process Quality Engineer liaise with Engineering, Supply Chain, Production and other departments to develop resolutions and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Tooling, Methods, Production-Assembly and Engineering on the implementation of solutions related to problem solving activities.
- Responsible for CAPA activities and direct accountable for leading implementation for process / product improvement activities
- Lead investigation activities related to corrective actions including root cause analysis of significant production process and product conformity and NCR trends.
- Review performance evaluation, is responsible for time management regarding inspection process and lead implementation activities required for improvement.
- Lead the quality engineering activities including administrating accountabilities and activities for quality team members responsible for inspection process.
- Conduct Problem Analysis, root cause analysis and failure analysis and propose solutions to improve the quality of the product.
- Develop, implement and manage First Article Inspection Process
- Responsible to implement and improve the product inspection plan
- Initiate preventive actions to improve process / product quality in accordance with company’s procedures.
- Customer Protection Board Representative responsible for implementing inspections, standard work and Line Check instructions to support overall quality escape reduction strategy.
- Key role in customer audits, quality system audits, process product audits and effective corrective action closure.
- Identify and execute projects leading to standardization of inspection process and root cause analysis activities.
- Develops and maintains proactive quality requirements and quality focus attitude which translates customer quality needs in continuous quality process improvements.
- Create, review and update quality process documents (inspection procedures and work instructions) and other specific documents in compliance with customer requirements quality standard AS 9100 and other statutory/regulatory requirements related to the product.
- Works closely with Customer “Source Inspection” representative to ensure the product quality issues are properly identified and inspection documents are updated accordingly.
work experience, education and other requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
- Strong background and experience in aircraft structure assembly and methods.
- Previous MRB experience strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in aerospace quality control / quality assurance with progressively increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated leadership role
- Experience and knowledge regarding structure assembly process related to machined aircraft components, sheet metal and aircraft assembly inspection requirements
- Previous experience with Quality Management System AS 9100 Rev C requirements and process / product audit
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and problem solving methodologies
- Superior ability to read and understand technical drawings – GD&T
- Good decision making skills and ability to interact with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated strong skills in leadership, initiative as well as teamwork, organized and able to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule and follow up on outstanding issues in a timely fashion
- Excellent planning skills, problem solving ability, strong oral and written communication skills and strong computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Project
Manager, Access and Visio a plus.