Job Title: SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
Reports to: Quality Manager
Supplier Quality Engineer will support the outsourcing process of manufacturing components and technical services. This position will address supplier quality related issues for purchased product, manage supplier compliance against product requirements and performance goals. Supplier quality Engineer will be responsible for minimizing the variability of purchased materials by using Supplier Quality Management principles.
- Works closely with Procurement Department on quality and supplier development activities
- Responsible to collaborate with suppliers to provide comprehensive supply chain mapping of the responsible components and assemblies, establish appropriate activities in order to sustain quality assurance and support procurement action plan for supplied products.
- Provide technical project management role to implement targeted supply chain continuous improvement projects.
- Will interface with Procurement department members, suppliers and customer’s representative to drive the approval process for supplier’s initiatives to implement production processes required to support new product development and engineering changes for current production parts.
- Responsible to coordinate with suppliers implementation of product design changes and process changes requested by customer
- Collaborate effectively with suppliers, procurement, manufacturing engineering, design engineering and others to achieve results, acting as a liaison between the applicable functions.
- Support production operations with respect to supplier quality issues and establish acceptance criteria for supplied products
- Quality representative for Purchasing function, supplier development, participate in supplier quality improvement activities via application of quality engineering methods and supplier quality management principles
- Review Purchase Orders for suppliers and define quality requirements for supplied product in compliance with customer specifications and Supplier Quality Manual
- Lead supplier qualification activities, quality system assessment and process / product audits at supplier location. Maintains the relationship with the supplier for the purpose of achieving procured quality objectives
- Develops and maintains proactive supplier quality focus which translates customer quality needs in continuous quality process improvements.
- Works closely with supplier quality department to ensure supplier quality issues are adequately identified and resolved
- Work with suppliers to achieve effective root cause analysis, permanent corrective actions, and verification of effectiveness in response to customer nonconformance reports (NCR).
- Support internal manufacturing operations via investigation, failure analysis and obtaining supplier corrective action for purchased product failure
- Responsible to review and provide disposition regarding quality documents provided by suppliers: Certificate of Conformance, First Article Inspection reports, Processing Certification and Customer Approved Process Documentation
- Assist with identification of Significant Quality Characteristics – both for supplied product in correlation with assembly operation requirements
- Develop and monitor supplier quality performance, review performance data and develop monthly charts and reports, make recommendations for improvement and initiate corrective actions.
- Coordinate FAI approval process in compliance with As 9100 rev C requirements and process / product specific requirements
- Conducts quality system audits (AS 9100 Rev C), product and process audits at supplier location. Monitor supplier activities for implementation of corrective actions
- Performs supplier evaluations, risk assessments and develop comprehensive risk mitigation plans
- Create, review and update quality system documents (procedures, work instructions) and other specific documents for receiving inspection activities in compliance with customer requirements quality standard AS 9100 and other statutory/regulatory requirements related to the supplied product.
- Works closely with “Source Inspection” and “ Receiving Inspection” Inspectors to ensure supplier quality issues are properly identified and inspection documents received from suppliers are updated accordingly.
- Work with suppliers for clarification and understanding of drawing requirements, including - Geometric Dimensioning and Tollerancing (GD&T), engaging product engineering as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have 3-5 years work experience in a Supplier Quality Engineer position , Quality Management Systems experience, including experience related to document management, internal and/or external audits, nonconforming material control, and root cause and corrective action processes, is required.
- A strong quality background in aerospace industry , familiarity with aerospace parts and assemblies, manufacturing (machining) and assembly processes.
- Experience with AS 9100 Quality System for aerospace industry , Trained AS 9100 C audit process and previous supplier auditing experience
- Hands on experience and demonstrated skills regarding with First Article Inspection process (FAI)
- Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule and follow up on outstanding issues in a timely fashion
- Excellent planning skills, problem solving ability, strong oral and written communication skills and strong computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Project Manager, Access and Visio a plus.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to supplier’s locations