SAGA Engineering , Edmonton Alberta is seeking the following candidate:
Geotechnical Structural engineer in training with marketing skills
- Providing assistance with civil/geotechnical engineering design and technical support for the design and construction of industrial /commercial facilities
- Business development/marketing responsibilities.
- Help with drilling sites, lab analyses and drafting reports
- Assisting with the structural design and review of project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including verifying technical accuracy
- Preparing simple plans and reports with related engineering calculations
- Carrying out straightforward specifications under supervision
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills, handling multiple tasks both independently and in a team environment
- Assisting more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex tasks
- Developing and establishing communication with clients/staff personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing support to various team members
The successful candidate will have proven marketing abilities, leadership and interpersonal interaction skills. Eligibility for an Alberta P.Eng. is required (registration strongly preferred).
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years of relevant geotechnical/structural design experience
- Eligibility for registration as an Engineer-In-Training with APEGA
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. Join us now!