Job Type: Full-time (40hrs/week)
Global Innovative Campus (GIC) is an engineering firm that provides professional development training programs that assists engineers, engineering technologist and technicians in their career development. GIC is a strong advocate of lifelong learning, and we are looking for an individual who shares this value.
GIC staff members are dedicated to maintaining a positive internal culture in which they feel motivated to uphold strong performance as a part of their own personal growth and development as well as for the benefit of customers, and colleagues.
Working at GIC will give you opportunities to demonstrate your interpersonal skills internally and externally, adding value to the GIC team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assume the Program Coordinator position in a dynamic team environment. As a Program Coordinator you will generate and manage high quality courses and programs that respond to the continuing education needs of working adults and professional bodies. The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, promoting and evaluating educational events, courses and programs in traditional classroom, online and blended learning environments. A high degree of professionalism is required in the delivery of programs and courses as well as the ability to provide exceptional customer service and develop strong working relationships with all clients and stakeholders.
Who you are
You exhibit a high level of enthusiasm where ever you work. You welcome challenges and take them on competently. You find solutions to problems. You make the effort to exceed customers' expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player yet are able to work independently. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Understand the fit of the courses and program requirements in business and industry;
- Develop and expand delivery of programs and courses in a variety of learning formats, i.e. classroom, online and blended;
- Use industry contacts to source new markets and instructors;
- Recruitment, development and retention of outstanding instructors;
- Establish strong working relationships with instructors to ensure their needs are met and all arrangements are in place for their delivery of quality courses;
- Direct the work of Course Coordinators on details and requirements for managing programs and courses;
- Determine and schedule courses that will run each semester by monitoring registrations, student needs and financial viability;
- Address student and instructor concerns as required;
- Work collaboratively within the team and Marketing Services to develop, implement and manage effective marketing strategies;
- Proposal writing.
What you bring to this role
- A degree in business, workplace learning, education or adult education;
- Knowledge and understanding of adult education principles and best practices;
- Knowledge and understanding of the educational and training needs of business and industry professionals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a strong customer service orientation;
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, problem-solving abilities and results orientation;
- Ability to perform multiple and complex tasks, with attention to detail and business processes;
- Organized, enthusiastic, innovative and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment;
- Accepts ownership and accountability and possesses a high level of integrity;
- Good judgment and initiative, tact and diplomacy in dealing with the frequent interactions with students, instructors, staff, and external organizations;
- Ability to build positive relations with students and instructors;
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team member;
- Experience creating and marketing education programs in higher education is desirable;
- Experience working with instructors is desirable;
- Experience in instruction development and design is desirable.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are specialized in education, training and consulting. Global Innovative Campus is a Canadian business, established in Toronto, Canada,...