1. Leads his ambulance crew in responding to all calls for emergency medical services.
2. Organize the initial response of paramedical services at the scene of major disasters
3. Assist the paramedic officer in the training of junior paramedic staff and the fire services personnel in first aid and emergency medical care.
4. Develops and implement policies and procedures to inspect personnel vehicles and equipment to maintain operational readiness of all ambulance during his work shift.
5. Develops and implement policies and procedures to inspect personnel vehicles and equipment to maintain operational readiness.
6. Full responsibility on all emergency medical treatment provided during his work shift.
7. Shall be an active member with defined responsibility during major disaster or simulation exercises as designated by the paramedic officer.
8. Must be familiar /working knowledge with the requirements of NFPA 473, NFPA 1581, 1582
9. Perform other duties as assigned
-12 years formal education university degree in a fire/ rescue related subject highly desirable.
Specialized qualifications-shall have completed courses of Basic Life Support and sertified EMT. Successfully completed a course of Advanced Life Support and certified as a paramedic.
Alternative qualification is Registered Nurse (RN) Western educated and trained.
Experience- 13 years experience in paramedic services including 5 years in a supervisory position. At least 2 of the last 5 years must have been in equivalent position at a major airport. Possession of a University Degree in a fire / rescue related subject the requirement by 8 years.
Arabic desirable. Ability to read, wrire, speak English required.
Other- Valid vehicle operators license in country of origin and ability to obtain same in Saudi Arabia. Must be familiar with NFPA . Codes and IFSTA manuals
Specific Geographical Origin- Saudi Arabia, North America, Europe or the UK.
600 Crowfoot Crescent NW, Suite 340
Calgary, AB T3B 0B4