A Communications Company new to Fort McMurray is seeking a Service Technician, Offering an exciting career with opportunities for advancement, and a positive work environment! In addition to an excellent compensation including Bonus structure and benefits package, we will train and support our employees and give them the tools they need for the job.
We are seeking a skilled Service Technician that will be responsible for performing complex tasks in related technologies that may include, but are not limited to:
- Conventional 2 Way radio, trunked radio systems, G.P.S-A.V.L, broadband/SCADA Systems, satellite systems Technicians who are certified for tower work will also climb and install antennas and cabling.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform installation, preventative and corrective maintenance on all customer and/or company owned equipment in accordance with established schedules, contracts, policies, procedures, directives and guidelines in a timely and effective manner
- Conduct multiple projects simultaneously, and stay flexible when performing functions to respond to demands and challenging environments
- Coordinate and conduct in shop and on-site installations, quality inspections and performance testing
- Provision, commission, test, maintain and repair network elements/services
- Conduct trouble analysis (i.e. testing, fault isolation and repair functions, logs, alarms, operational measurements)
- Liaise with appropriate departments for the effective implementation of hardware, software, firmware, product change upgrades and commissioning of network elements/services
- Assist Service Manager or designate in providing quotes to Sales department
- Assist in the effective and timely training/mentoring of other service personnel as required and/or directed by the Service Manager or designate
- Assist, guide, mentor new employees and/or trainees as required
- Provide on-going professional guidance to team members Influence positive behavior for the service department and lead by example
- Support and promote the Corporate Health & Safety program, while adhering to its rules, policies, processes, practices and procedures
- Assist management in the professional development of his/her team members
- Supervise other Service personnel during the completion of their duties, as required and/or directed by the Service Manager or designate
- Train customers and other personnel in the operation of communications equipment
- Perform "On Call" duties and responsibilities as required and/or directed by the Service Manager, or designate
- Education High School Diploma Diploma or Certificate in Electronics Engineering Technology/?
- Technician or suitable combination of education and experience
- Experience and Training 5+? years of experience in a team and customer oriented role within a telecommunications installation and service industry
- Knowledge of radio installation and repair procedures, as well as the basic operating principles of electronics and RF communications equipment, such as two-way radios, mobile digital terminals (MDT's), video systems, telephones, etc.
- Current Standard First Aid training including Level C CPR Tower Climbing and Rescue certificate
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) certificate including generic
- WHMIS Training an asset
- H2S Alive (OSSA accredited) an asset Aerial Work Platform (OSSA accredited) an asset
- Confined Space Entry Training certificate (OSSA accredited) an asset
- Fall Protection (OSSA accredited) an asset
- ATV Training (OSSA Accredited) an asset
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator's License or equivalent
- Driver's Abstract will be required upon condition of employment
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in computer applications used for business communications and radio diagnostics
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Strong commitment to continuous learning and the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations
- Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Strong proven ability in the operation of various test equipment and software tools such as VOM, oscilloscope, network analyzer, RF wattmeter, digital probes, etc.
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments including tower climbing
Since 1995, GCS has been a leading supplier of satellite communications solutions. We provide a broad selection of satellite communications...