Global Chinese Press is an award-winning Canadian Chinese Newspaper, which is distributed in Metro Vancouver area. We’re looking for a full-time reporter to deliver well-crafted news, take photographs and update our websites and social media. The successful candidate will be an aggressive and clear-thinking journalist who can work with minimal supervision under strict deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
· Write and edit stories for print and web
· Shoot photos
· Generate interesting story/feature ideas
· Engage in energetic use of social media
· A University degree
· Proficient in both English and Mandarin, speaking and writing
· A reliable car and a valid driver's license are essential
· Some weekend and evening shifts are required as part of this position
· Relative work experiences and ability to communicate in Cantonese are assets
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a sample of your work no later than Friday, August 8th, 2014.
Global Chinese Press is an award-winning Canadian Chinese Newspaper, which is distributed in Metro Vancouver area.