Glentel Employee Reviews

Amazing family-like environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, and Abbotsford28 November 2016
A typical day at work would include plenty of customer interaction, cleaning and caring for the small, limited work space, communication with team members about daily goals, monthly goals, stretch targets and margins of sales. A positive attitude was required to work in this environment, but as long as you are self-motivated and willing to learn and grow you are more than likely bound to grow in the company and do well.

Loved the teams I had the pleasure of working with and all the new people I met through the company events, and I'll forever carry all the things I've learned with the company through my life and apply it into any other job I get involved with.
Pros
Commissions payed extra well if you worked hard and kept a healthy competitive edge with work mates.
Cons
If you don't do well the company doesn't hesitate to let you know the situation.
Great coworkers, Bad DM's.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 November 2016
Got a lot of hours
Got gifts from Bell, Fido, Rogers, and Virgin
District Manager never provided solutions
Go through employees very fast
Pros
lots of hours, good pay
Cons
little support from DM
Challenging and fast paced environment
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 November 2016
Great staff and family atmosphere.

A general lack of confidence in managements supporting staff is the main reason there was such a high turn over at this company.

At the same time they had great parties...
Enjoyable work enviorment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
enjoyable work environment, good fun co-workers
motivating, great benefits, sick pay, incentives,
social committee hosted fun events, direct deposit pay periods,
Amazing Company with a solid Culture
Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON29 September 2016
Its been an amazing learning experience and I cant thank the company enough for providing such amazing learning, training resources I've ever had. I came in a novice sales associate, but left more experienced with amazing in depth knowledge of what it takes in providing excellent customer service relations, store operations./management to succeed in any retail environment! My leave was for my own personal development in trying a different atmosphere, but without a doubt I would definitely return to GLENTEL with eagerness and dedication! Thank you for the wonderful experience!
Pros
amazing coaching and company training resources, great culture, great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement
Fun envirnoment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work, open 45 minutes before, clean up, making sure till are not short or over. Read promotions and follow up with emails.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
A place to learn a lot about wireless retail
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2016
to be successful you must accomplish a lot at this company. Hard work and dedication is necessary to succeed.
Good Team environment, motivated job atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 May 2016
great co-worker , good pace, team work is big , really like positive attitude, and also organization is key to success , learned alot about technology , competitive market
Highly competitive with excellent benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
A typical day at work involves inventory/stock maintenance, customer service, customer support, and sales. I personally learned how to communicate more effectively with individuals and more accurately access what needs and wants.
Management is strict with personal integrity, which is a good thing, but can sometimes choose to side with customers instead of supporting their employees in difficult situations when the customer is clearly being unreasonable. This comes from Glentel's focus on customer service, but can lead to bad moral. Co-workers can range to very supportive and close-knit team, to potentially very competitive. Ideally you can find both and create a successful work environment and sales team. Hardest part of the job can be a number of things. Sometimes it's the customers, the technology working against you, the billing/contracts, management, or a combination of everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the perfect solution that makes everyone happy. Customer gets a new phone/contract that fits their needs exactly that also saves them money, and employees make a sale. Another great part about this job are the giveaways, benefits, and parties. They really help create a feeling of "the skies the limit" in terms of how much you can make.
Pros
giveaways, parties
Cons
sometimes unpredictable hours, a lot of pressure to hit sales targets
Tough but rewarding, lots of sales coaching
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2016
Glentel was my first position managing a sales team. My team was responsible for selling cellular devices and plans. I worked with BatteryBoys/SaskTel providing UPS system for the mining industry as well (Mostly Mosaic). I was responsible for increasing a targeted sales budget which I exceeded and was presented multiple awards for my work in Saskatchewan. The district manager position would require the sales manager to relocated to Alberta. Saskatchewan is my home, I have no plans on moving out of the province.
Pros
Great incentives and recognition for hard work
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company
Good pay for the positions / industry, poor upper management.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS12 March 2016
Upper management far too worried about bottom lines and cut experienced management after stores are running smooth to pay newer staff less, questionable methods told to employees to get sales and then upper management has a way out to get rid of them later.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management
Left after 3 months
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Terrible company. No appreciation for reps. Favoritism shown. No room for growth. Expected to be available at any given time.
Over 10 years experience in customer relationship and management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2016
Always having fun at work because I love what I do and I excel it.
I am very resourceful and I transfer these information to my coworkers while coaching them. Each day we learn something new that push us deeper into knowledge and how to ...
Engaging
Sales A (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 January 2016
Always meet new and engaging people. The other employees made work more enjoyable and less stressful. It's a good place to get experience and attain some work skills.
Sales Drivers
District Team Leader/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Lucrative compensation plan. Lots of incentives. Good health benefits. Offers usually full time only. Best paid in the industry. Aggressive sales culture. Fast paced.
Pros
benefits and comp structure
Cons
not much room for lateral growth
Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  brampton ontario30 June 2015
Great coworkers, fun environment to be at. Great benefits and compensation if you were able to hit and exceed your monthly targets.
very competitive
sales lead (Current Employee) –  kitchener26 May 2015
Glentel is a very competitive and sales driven environment. Personal sales are driven by individuals with strong motivation and drive. Commission compensation was very good.
Pros
meeting a variety of clients
Cons
very long hours and commission environment
productive and fun work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova scotia16 April 2015
overall I enjoyed working for Glentel. I started out as a sales associate and quickly moved into the roll as manager. The people that work for this company mainly the managers are extremely passionate about their jobs and are an amazing group of people. The salary is not the best however. It was hard to stay motivated knowing a manager at Starbucks made more money then me, with that being said you could also have the potential build your pay with commission.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
salary
Great start
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC14 April 2015
Worth investing your time and developing your sales skills as a long term future. Give it your best and make sure you take every sale you can make.
Good job
Conseiller à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2015
Interesting job with excellent colleagues. Every day from 10pm to 17pm. Good management and good manager. Only 3 co-workers at the store.
A lot of customers every day but I am happy to work under pressure.