Glentel Employee Reviews in Canada

Tough but rewarding, lots of sales coaching
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2016
Glentel was my first position managing a sales team. My team was responsible for selling cellular devices and plans. I worked with BatteryBoys/SaskTel providing UPS system for the mining industry as well (Mostly Mosaic). I was responsible for increasing a targeted sales budget which I exceeded and was presented multiple awards for my work in Saskatchewan. The district manager position would require the sales manager to relocated to Alberta. Saskatchewan is my home, I have no plans on moving out of the province.
Pros
Great incentives and recognition for hard work
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company
Good pay for the positions / industry, poor upper management.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMarch 12, 2016
Upper management far too worried about bottom lines and cut experienced management after stores are running smooth to pay newer staff less, questionable methods told to employees to get sales and then upper management has a way out to get rid of them later.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management
Good Team environment, motivated job atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QCMay 27, 2016
great co-worker , good pace, team work is big , really like positive attitude, and also organization is key to success , learned alot about technology , competitive market
Over 10 years experience in customer relationship and management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Always having fun at work because I love what I do and I excel it.
I am very resourceful and I transfer these information to my coworkers while coaching them. Each day we learn something new that push us deeper into knowledge and how to ...
A place to learn a lot about wireless retail
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2016
to be successful you must accomplish a lot at this company. Hard work and dedication is necessary to succeed.
Left after 3 months
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Terrible company. No appreciation for reps. Favoritism shown. No room for growth. Expected to be available at any given time.
Sales Drivers
District Team Leader/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Lucrative compensation plan. Lots of incentives. Good health benefits. Offers usually full time only. Best paid in the industry. Aggressive sales culture. Fast paced.
Pros
benefits and comp structure
Cons
not much room for lateral growth
Engaging
Sales A (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Always meet new and engaging people. The other employees made work more enjoyable and less stressful. It's a good place to get experience and attain some work skills.
Highly competitive with excellent benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
A typical day at work involves inventory/stock maintenance, customer service, customer support, and sales. I personally learned how to communicate more effectively with individuals and more accurately access what needs and wants.
Management is strict with personal integrity, which is a good thing, but can sometimes choose to side with customers instead of supporting their employees in difficult situations when the customer is clearly being unreasonable. This comes from Glentel's focus on customer service, but can lead to bad moral. Co-workers can range to very supportive and close-knit team, to potentially very competitive. Ideally you can find both and create a successful work environment and sales team. Hardest part of the job can be a number of things. Sometimes it's the customers, the technology working against you, the billing/contracts, management, or a combination of everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the perfect solution that makes everyone happy. Customer gets a new phone/contract that fits their needs exactly that also saves them money, and employees make a sale. Another great part about this job are the giveaways, benefits, and parties. They really help create a feeling of "the skies the limit" in terms of how much you can make.
Pros
giveaways, parties
Cons
sometimes unpredictable hours, a lot of pressure to hit sales targets
productive and fun work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova scotiaApril 16, 2015
overall I enjoyed working for Glentel. I started out as a sales associate and quickly moved into the roll as manager. The people that work for this company mainly the managers are extremely passionate about their jobs and are an amazing group of people. The salary is not the best however. It was hard to stay motivated knowing a manager at Starbucks made more money then me, with that being said you could also have the potential build your pay with commission.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
salary
very competitive
sales lead (Current Employee) –  kitchenerMay 26, 2015
Glentel is a very competitive and sales driven environment. Personal sales are driven by individuals with strong motivation and drive. Commission compensation was very good.
Pros
meeting a variety of clients
Cons
very long hours and commission environment
Sales driven environment, with competitive co-workers!
District Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Very sales driven company, with lots of emphasis on achieving targets. I learned how to quickly gather guests information, and be able to put together a plan quickly. Co-workers are very competitive and create a very competitive environment. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the content increasing sales targets. However if sales and a ever changing environment is what you like this will be a great place for you.
Incredibly Competitive, Great for the right person
City Sales Manager (WirelessWave and TBooth) (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 18, 2014
This company, while it may be a sinking ship in large due to total market saturation of the competition, is still an excellent place to work. The Alberta South District is experiencing high turnover, much like the rest of the company (125%). YOU HAVE TO SELL!!! Many of the poorer reviewers with the scope of this job board, more than likely had no motivation to sell the products within this company. Those who do know how to sell, have the motivation to sell, and come to work everyday, oftentimes succeed. Those who don't want to commit themselves to a series of actions in the sales cycle, aren't cut out for this line of work.
Pros
great training - paid, room and board provided.
Canada's largest cell phone retailer
Manager (Former Employee) –  VictoriaMarch 16, 2015
Excellent place to grow and work, be careful to make time for yourself. Do not let your supervisor call you on your scheduled days off. Make your work important to you when you are on the job.
Pros
contests with prizes
Cons
7 days a week is expected
Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  brampton ontarioJune 30, 2015
Great coworkers, fun environment to be at. Great benefits and compensation if you were able to hit and exceed your monthly targets.
A Place where you can make a lot of money
Sales Manager/DMIT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2015
Great place where you can make a lot of money if you are talented at what you do. A lot of great Management personnel but a lot of bad management personnel as well.
Pros
trips and incentives
Cons
dont take care of people
Very sales driven and alot of knowledge is needed. Overall Good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 21, 2014
Typical day consist of trying to bring customers in from mall hallways or waiting for customers to come in.
Fulfilling all their wireless essentials and needs and up-selling accessories as well as Wireless wave's Protection plan.

I learned how to build rapport sell and maintain customer relations.

Managers and co-workers were all great and learned a lot from them and providing knowledge to them pertaining to sales process and what to do to improve.

hardest part of my job was sometimes there were just no customers. Which meant daily sales goals could not be reached.

Most enjoyable part was helping customers find the best plan and device and providing legendary customer service.
Pros
good enviroment learned alot
Cons
they pushed very hard for sales when there was no traffic.
Good job
Conseiller à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 20, 2015
Interesting job with excellent colleagues. Every day from 10pm to 17pm. Good management and good manager. Only 3 co-workers at the store.
A lot of customers every day but I am happy to work under pressure.
Great job if you want to stay in touch with technology
Store Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  burlingtonFebruary 27, 2013
Always something new at work, I have learned many different things with technology. Everyone at work is easy to get a long with. The hardest part of my job is when you can't solve the customers issue and the most enjoyable part of my job is making people happy.
Great start
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCApril 14, 2015
Worth investing your time and developing your sales skills as a long term future. Give it your best and make sure you take every sale you can make.