Glentel

Glentel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Engaging, Dynamic Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto OnOctober 8, 2014
Pros: competitive commission structure, flexible work schedule, fun to work, room for growth
Cons: sudden/drastic changes in policy
I worked at Glentel for about a year and a half while in school. Definitely one of the best options for employment for college students as well as for anyone looking to work in the sales industry. Salary can be amazing if you're good and put the right amount of effort in, otherwise you're looking to make a little bit above minimum wage. Work environment – more... and culture varies slightly district to district, but more or less the same potential for earning and growth is available. The training and support provided is great, they offer paid classes to improve your sales and personal skills. Reps going for management positions are also offered no cost training, in fact i believe you're paid to attend those classes too. They also offer medical and dental benefits. You can take time off for personal issues/school whenever you want, however the ability to do so on a consistent basis depends on how good your numbers are. The only downside is that company focus changes quite often. Sometimes new policies are brought in that require you to completely modify what you've been doing and after a while they just fade out. At the end of they day it doesn't really matter much since the company is selling something only when the sales person is selling, thus a bad policy will fall off pretty soon. I definitely recommend working at Glentel, if you're good and work hard ( sometimes more than 40 hours a week) you're looking to make at least $4000-$6000 a month, which is not bad for a job that doesn't require college education. Hope this gives some insight to anyone looking to apply here. – less
A typical day at Glentel as a sales rep
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Dis alarm store. Do cash in. Check the inventory. Print new price sheet and promotions. Review any plan changes. Make sure prices are changed for phones on display .

Assist customers in finding the best product that fits their needs by asking qualifying questions. Make sure to process the sales as efficiently and quickly as possible, at the same being – more... able to greet other customers while processing the sale of another customer and making sure to maximize on sales each day by including attachments such as accessories and premium protection plan to keep the customer covered during the contract period.

Then adding a 3 day call back notice and sending a thank you card with a $25 referral bonus to make sure the customer is happy with the product.

I learned to stay patient and cool even in the toughest situations and make sure to take care of customers and making them my responsibility. Also time management skills is one thing that I also learned at this job.

The hardest part of the job is being under pressure when having technical difficulties. For example I had a mum with a baby today and a technical problem occured while I was processing the sale and she had to leave really soon to pick up her son, so I was processing everything as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get payed to talk to people and having fun doing that. – less
Sales driven environment, with competitive co-workers!
District Team Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Very sales driven company, with lots of emphasis on achieving targets. I learned how to quickly gather guests information, and be able to put together a plan quickly. Co-workers are very competitive and create a very competitive environment. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the content increasing sales targets. However if sales and a ever – more... changing environment is what you like this will be a great place for you. – less
Incredibly Competitive, Great for the right person
City Sales Manager (WirelessWave and TBooth) (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great training - paid, room and board provided.
This company, while it may be a sinking ship in large due to total market saturation of the competition, is still an excellent place to work. The Alberta South District is experiencing high turnover, much like the rest of the company (125%). YOU HAVE TO SELL!!! Many of the poorer reviewers with the scope of this job board, more than likely had no motivation – more... to sell the products within this company. Those who do know how to sell, have the motivation to sell, and come to work everyday, oftentimes succeed. Those who don't want to commit themselves to a series of actions in the sales cycle, aren't cut out for this line of work. – less
Sales Management job which has enabled an endless amount of growth
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
At Glentel we offer many solutions and opportunities to sell a multitude of options for the consumer looking at wireless products. We go after the ultimate customer experience in ensuring "legendary customer service". In over 7 years working for Glentel, it has enabled me to learn all aspects of running a profitable and successful business from: hiring – more... the right employees, profit/loss, mentoring, payroll, marketing, and client solutions.
My current role at Glentel is a Sales Manager, in which I oversea all aspects of the business within the store, as well as I support other new Sales Managers and Assistant Managers. I support these managers through a program I teach and operate that mentors all new managers in my network and gives them the opportunity to grow.
There are many difficulties that come with the job from overcoming objections to basically everything we sell, to language barriers, and traffic. However, through building a successful team of employees, client referral network and practicing good business I have overcome every single difficulty faced.
Just as there are difficulties, there are many enjoyable parts of the job. From building a successful business, to ensuring the best possible quality experience for clients. However, for the me, the most enjoyable part has been the growth I have taken as a person and the things I have learned. Through working at Glentel I have learned an endless amount of skills that have helped me become the successful ambitious person I am today. – less
Very sales driven and alot of knowledge is needed. Overall Good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good enviroment learned alot
Cons: they pushed very hard for sales when there was no traffic.
Typical day consist of trying to bring customers in from mall hallways or waiting for customers to come in.
Fulfilling all their wireless essentials and needs and up-selling accessories as well as Wireless wave's Protection plan.

I learned how to build rapport sell and maintain customer relations.

Managers and co-workers were all great and learned – more... a lot from them and providing knowledge to them pertaining to sales process and what to do to improve.

hardest part of my job was sometimes there were just no customers. Which meant daily sales goals could not be reached.

Most enjoyable part was helping customers find the best plan and device and providing legendary customer service. – less
Good, flexible work.
Mobile Advisor - Target Mobilite (Current Employee), MontrealMarch 17, 2014
Great management, great schedule.
Sales environment.
improved sales tactics.
great co-workers.
good place to work
sales (Former Employee), calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very reliable place to work
Cons: a lots of pay cut
.productive and fun workplace
.they have an award every year for top sales
.treat their employee very well
.a very well organized company
.won a lots of award as sales person
Changing, Challenging and Engaging
Sales Representative (Current Employee), KingstonFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: independence and responsibility
Cons: shorter shifts
Typical Day: Come to work, sign into a computer, check rate and rate sheets for updates, change applicable signage, Check emails, sign task list, audit sales contracts, and complete a cash in/cash out. We do not take the deposit and change until coverage comes in. Midday coverage is responsible for shipping the Damaged on arrival merchandise and checking – more... in store transfers. In stock merchandise must be count once a day. Among light cleaning and assisting guests with their cellular needs we also made records and logs to monitor sales productivity.

When I went into cell phones I got the concept as I have become very familiar when using my own. I learnt tons of product knowledge I didn't know before and gave myself a different perspective.

Management is very motivating and encourages competition. I really enjoy being motivated positively.All of my co-workers work together and you can depend on them to help any guest.

The hardest part is explaining all of the information and why device costs are so high . Alot of people don't understand why the carriers have higher rates and why phone prices are so expensive. Learning how the customer takes in the information so that you can change your tactics to communicate with them.

I love the challenge and constant changes. I have been in retail for almost tens years and new opportunities never scare me. – less
Good place if you just want commission and no satisfaction from your job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 29, 2013
Pros: commission
Cons: greedy co-workers
Advise the customers about the different plans and new gadgets was fun.
Great place to work for College/University Students
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONOctober 25, 2013
Pros: prizes, perks, awards, trainings, management styles, room for advancement
Cons: very little free time
Sales of cellular phones and telecommunications products in a retail environment.

At Glentel you can meet anywhere from 200 to 500 people per shift so after a month you've met enough people to understand the way people think and how you can approach a person and sync yourself to their personality.

Managers at Glentel are hired from within the ranks – more... and all managers are trained to hold similar values and management styles. The management at Glentel is the number one reason the turnover rate is very low.

Glentel practices a very well defined hiring procedure, very few applicants are hired by this company since they seek a certain personality. Coworkers at Glentel get along very well and few issues have ever arose.

The hardest part of the job is separating work life from home life since customers have access to you at all times via company phones.

Meeting new people and achieving goals set out by managers. Plus the friendly competition set up by Glentel partners offer amazing perks. – less
Great starting point for a career but little room for advancement
District Team Leader (Current Employee), montrealJune 6, 2013
Pros: can make a lot of money
Cons: not much room for advancement
Learned many management, recruiting and training skills.
Deal with many people on a daily basis
excellent company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), edmontonMay 7, 2013
great company to work for but unfortunately the monetary earnings are low due to saturation of the market and slow months.
Telecommunications Sales Consultant
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 22, 2013
Typical day at Wireless Wave was fun, good atmosphere, great co-workers, I learned a lot about the selection of the newest products on the market I-Phone, Droids, Blackberry. Make outbound calls to clients whose contract is about to be up or if a client has met the qualifications to upgrade they're mobile phone. I really enjoyed interacting with the – more... public. I had to leave on good terms as working in the mall was not a good fit for a simple health issue. I enjoyed my time with Wireless Wave / Glentel – less
fun sales job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
fun sales job. base plus commission, face to face sales. long hours which made the job fun because you made what you worked for.
great entry level position
Manager (Former Employee), mississaugaNovember 28, 2012
I learned all the tricks of the trade while working for this prestigious company and later applied them in my own business
Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: commission
Cons: saturated business
Manage
Sales Targets
Cash Handling
Customer Service
Up Sell
Great place to work.
Sales Representative/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 28, 2012
Worked for Glentel for about 5 years. They have your best interests at heart when working for them.
amazing work place
Manager, Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2012
all i can remember about glentel, TBooth it was amazing work experience had great co-workers. overall i loved it.
Good job and benefits, lacked proper management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 31, 2012
I excused myself as there were numerous instances of theft, and I felt uncomfortable with the management of inventory.