Glentel Employee Reviews

Amazing family-like environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, and Abbotsford28 November 2016
A typical day at work would include plenty of customer interaction, cleaning and caring for the small, limited work space, communication with team members about daily goals, monthly goals, stretch targets and margins of sales. A positive attitude was required to work in this environment, but as long as you are self-motivated and willing to learn and grow you are more than likely bound to grow in the company and do well.

Loved the teams I had the pleasure of working with and all the new people I met through the company events, and I'll forever carry all the things I've learned with the company through my life and apply it into any other job I get involved with.
Pros
Commissions payed extra well if you worked hard and kept a healthy competitive edge with work mates.
Cons
If you don't do well the company doesn't hesitate to let you know the situation.
Great Fast pace place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Talking to customers and coaching teams.
Learned a lot about sales and how to work with cross fit teams.
Management was great to work with.
hardest part was maintaining work and life balance as I was always on emails and other form of communication.
Great sales people to work with and teaching sales.
Amazing Company with a solid Culture
Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON29 September 2016
Its been an amazing learning experience and I cant thank the company enough for providing such amazing learning, training resources I've ever had. I came in a novice sales associate, but left more experienced with amazing in depth knowledge of what it takes in providing excellent customer service relations, store operations./management to succeed in any retail environment! My leave was for my own personal development in trying a different atmosphere, but without a doubt I would definitely return to GLENTEL with eagerness and dedication! Thank you for the wonderful experience!
Pros
amazing coaching and company training resources, great culture, great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Challenging and fast paced environment
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 November 2016
Great staff and family atmosphere.

A general lack of confidence in managements supporting staff is the main reason there was such a high turn over at this company.

At the same time they had great parties...
Great coworkers, Bad DM's.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 November 2016
Got a lot of hours
Got gifts from Bell, Fido, Rogers, and Virgin
District Manager never provided solutions
Go through employees very fast
Pros
lots of hours, good pay
Cons
little support from DM
Enjoyable work enviorment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
enjoyable work environment, good fun co-workers
motivating, great benefits, sick pay, incentives,
social committee hosted fun events, direct deposit pay periods,
Tough but rewarding, lots of sales coaching
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2016
Glentel was my first position managing a sales team. My team was responsible for selling cellular devices and plans. I worked with BatteryBoys/SaskTel providing UPS system for the mining industry as well (Mostly Mosaic). I was responsible for increasing a targeted sales budget which I exceeded and was presented multiple awards for my work in Saskatchewan. The district manager position would require the sales manager to relocated to Alberta. Saskatchewan is my home, I have no plans on moving out of the province.
Pros
Great incentives and recognition for hard work
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company
Fun envirnoment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work, open 45 minutes before, clean up, making sure till are not short or over. Read promotions and follow up with emails.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
A place to learn a lot about wireless retail
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2016
to be successful you must accomplish a lot at this company. Hard work and dedication is necessary to succeed.
Good Team environment, motivated job atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 May 2016
great co-worker , good pace, team work is big , really like positive attitude, and also organization is key to success , learned alot about technology , competitive market
Good pay for the positions / industry, poor upper management.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS12 March 2016
Upper management far too worried about bottom lines and cut experienced management after stores are running smooth to pay newer staff less, questionable methods told to employees to get sales and then upper management has a way out to get rid of them later.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management
Over 10 years experience in customer relationship and management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2016
Always having fun at work because I love what I do and I excel it.
I am very resourceful and I transfer these information to my coworkers while coaching them. Each day we learn something new that push us deeper into knowledge and how to ...
Left after 3 months
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Terrible company. No appreciation for reps. Favoritism shown. No room for growth. Expected to be available at any given time.
Sales Drivers
District Team Leader/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Lucrative compensation plan. Lots of incentives. Good health benefits. Offers usually full time only. Best paid in the industry. Aggressive sales culture. Fast paced.
Pros
benefits and comp structure
Cons
not much room for lateral growth
Engaging
Sales A (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 January 2016
Always meet new and engaging people. The other employees made work more enjoyable and less stressful. It's a good place to get experience and attain some work skills.
productive and fun work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova scotia16 April 2015
overall I enjoyed working for Glentel. I started out as a sales associate and quickly moved into the roll as manager. The people that work for this company mainly the managers are extremely passionate about their jobs and are an amazing group of people. The salary is not the best however. It was hard to stay motivated knowing a manager at Starbucks made more money then me, with that being said you could also have the potential build your pay with commission.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
salary
Sales driven environment, with competitive co-workers!
District Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2014
Very sales driven company, with lots of emphasis on achieving targets. I learned how to quickly gather guests information, and be able to put together a plan quickly. Co-workers are very competitive and create a very competitive environment. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the content increasing sales targets. However if sales and a ever changing environment is what you like this will be a great place for you.
Incredibly Competitive, Great for the right person
City Sales Manager (WirelessWave and TBooth) (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 August 2014
This company, while it may be a sinking ship in large due to total market saturation of the competition, is still an excellent place to work. The Alberta South District is experiencing high turnover, much like the rest of the company (125%). YOU HAVE TO SELL!!! Many of the poorer reviewers with the scope of this job board, more than likely had no motivation to sell the products within this company. Those who do know how to sell, have the motivation to sell, and come to work everyday, oftentimes succeed. Those who don't want to commit themselves to a series of actions in the sales cycle, aren't cut out for this line of work.
Pros
Great training - paid, room and board provided.
Telecommunications Sales Consultant
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 January 2013
Typical day at Wireless Wave was fun, good atmosphere, great co-workers, I learned a lot about the selection of the newest products on the market I-Phone, Droids, Blackberry. Make outbound calls to clients whose contract is about to be up or if a client has met the qualifications to upgrade they're mobile phone. I really enjoyed interacting with the public. I had to leave on good terms as working in the mall was not a good fit for a simple health issue. I enjoyed my time with Wireless Wave / Glentel
Very sales driven and alot of knowledge is needed. Overall Good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 March 2014
Typical day consist of trying to bring customers in from mall hallways or waiting for customers to come in.
Fulfilling all their wireless essentials and needs and up-selling accessories as well as Wireless wave's Protection plan.

I learned how to build rapport sell and maintain customer relations.

Managers and co-workers were all great and learned a lot from them and providing knowledge to them pertaining to sales process and what to do to improve.

hardest part of my job was sometimes there were just no customers. Which meant daily sales goals could not be reached.

Most enjoyable part was helping customers find the best plan and device and providing legendary customer service.
Pros
good enviroment learned alot
Cons
they pushed very hard for sales when there was no traffic.