Glentel Employee Reviews

Fun envirnoment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at work, open 45 minutes before, clean up, making sure till are not short or over. Read promotions and follow up with emails.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
A place to learn a lot about wireless retail
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2016
to be successful you must accomplish a lot at this company. Hard work and dedication is necessary to succeed.
Good Team environment, motivated job atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QCMay 27, 2016
great co-worker , good pace, team work is big , really like positive attitude, and also organization is key to success , learned alot about technology , competitive market
Highly competitive with excellent benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
A typical day at work involves inventory/stock maintenance, customer service, customer support, and sales. I personally learned how to communicate more effectively with individuals and more accurately access what needs and wants.
Management is strict with personal integrity, which is a good thing, but can sometimes choose to side with customers instead of supporting their employees in difficult situations when the customer is clearly being unreasonable. This comes from Glentel's focus on customer service, but can lead to bad moral. Co-workers can range to very supportive and close-knit team, to potentially very competitive. Ideally you can find both and create a successful work environment and sales team. Hardest part of the job can be a number of things. Sometimes it's the customers, the technology working against you, the billing/contracts, management, or a combination of everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the perfect solution that makes everyone happy. Customer gets a new phone/contract that fits their needs exactly that also saves them money, and employees make a sale. Another great part about this job are the giveaways, benefits, and parties. They really help create a feeling of "the skies the limit" in terms of how much you can make.
Pros
giveaways, parties
Cons
sometimes unpredictable hours, a lot of pressure to hit sales targets
Tough but rewarding, lots of sales coaching
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2016
Glentel was my first position managing a sales team. My team was responsible for selling cellular devices and plans. I worked with BatteryBoys/SaskTel providing UPS system for the mining industry as well (Mostly Mosaic). I was responsible for increasing a targeted sales budget which I exceeded and was presented multiple awards for my work in Saskatchewan. The district manager position would require the sales manager to relocated to Alberta. Saskatchewan is my home, I have no plans on moving out of the province.
Pros
Great incentives and recognition for hard work
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company
Good pay for the positions / industry, poor upper management.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMarch 12, 2016
Upper management far too worried about bottom lines and cut experienced management after stores are running smooth to pay newer staff less, questionable methods told to employees to get sales and then upper management has a way out to get rid of them later.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management
Left after 3 months
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Terrible company. No appreciation for reps. Favoritism shown. No room for growth. Expected to be available at any given time.
Over 10 years experience in customer relationship and management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Always having fun at work because I love what I do and I excel it.
I am very resourceful and I transfer these information to my coworkers while coaching them. Each day we learn something new that push us deeper into knowledge and how to ...
Engaging
Sales A (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Always meet new and engaging people. The other employees made work more enjoyable and less stressful. It's a good place to get experience and attain some work skills.
Sales Drivers
District Team Leader/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Lucrative compensation plan. Lots of incentives. Good health benefits. Offers usually full time only. Best paid in the industry. Aggressive sales culture. Fast paced.
Pros
benefits and comp structure
Cons
not much room for lateral growth
Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  brampton ontarioJune 30, 2015
Great coworkers, fun environment to be at. Great benefits and compensation if you were able to hit and exceed your monthly targets.
very competitive
sales lead (Current Employee) –  kitchenerMay 26, 2015
Glentel is a very competitive and sales driven environment. Personal sales are driven by individuals with strong motivation and drive. Commission compensation was very good.
Pros
meeting a variety of clients
Cons
very long hours and commission environment
productive and fun work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova scotiaApril 16, 2015
overall I enjoyed working for Glentel. I started out as a sales associate and quickly moved into the roll as manager. The people that work for this company mainly the managers are extremely passionate about their jobs and are an amazing group of people. The salary is not the best however. It was hard to stay motivated knowing a manager at Starbucks made more money then me, with that being said you could also have the potential build your pay with commission.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
salary
Great start
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCApril 14, 2015
Worth investing your time and developing your sales skills as a long term future. Give it your best and make sure you take every sale you can make.
Good job
Conseiller à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 20, 2015
Interesting job with excellent colleagues. Every day from 10pm to 17pm. Good management and good manager. Only 3 co-workers at the store.
A lot of customers every day but I am happy to work under pressure.
Canada's largest cell phone retailer
Manager (Former Employee) –  VictoriaMarch 16, 2015
Excellent place to grow and work, be careful to make time for yourself. Do not let your supervisor call you on your scheduled days off. Make your work important to you when you are on the job.
Pros
contests with prizes
Cons
7 days a week is expected
A Place where you can make a lot of money
Sales Manager/DMIT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 13, 2015
Great place where you can make a lot of money if you are talented at what you do. A lot of great Management personnel but a lot of bad management personnel as well.
Pros
trips and incentives
Cons
dont take care of people
Great working environment, fun and challenging. Room for growth and lots of encouragement from superiors.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, OnDecember 2, 2014
My day usually was very busy. It consisted of receiving inventory, conducting daily inventory, coaching staff, daily paperwork, sales-being the biggest and most important part of the job, and of course customer service. As a manager I had to reply to almost 100+ emails a day and make sure the store was trending our monthly, weekly, and daily goals. My job was also to coach my staff on a daily basis and provide them with the tools to succeed. I learnt so much at Glentel Inc. My leadership skills flourished while I was there, I learned to deal with all sorts of personality types and conflicts both with customers and co-workers. I learned how to bring a team to success and how to build on my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. The hardest part of the job was how demanding it was, I was always in touch with the store and all my co-workers. I was constantly emailing and following up. It was a 24 hour job but thats what I really enjoyed about it. I loved doing what I did, I didn't mind working so much. The best part was receiving all my awards and getting recognition for the great work I had done. Great experience.
Engaging, Dynamic Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto OnOctober 8, 2014
I worked at Glentel for about a year and a half while in school. Definitely one of the best options for employment for college students as well as for anyone looking to work in the sales industry. Salary can be amazing if you're good and put the right amount of effort in, otherwise you're looking to make a little bit above minimum wage. Work environment and culture varies slightly district to district, but more or less the same potential for earning and growth is available. The training and support provided is great, they offer paid classes to improve your sales and personal skills. Reps going for management positions are also offered no cost training, in fact i believe you're paid to attend those classes too. They also offer medical and dental benefits. You can take time off for personal issues/school whenever you want, however the ability to do so on a consistent basis depends on how good your numbers are. The only downside is that company focus changes quite often. Sometimes new policies are brought in that require you to completely modify what you've been doing and after a while they just fade out. At the end of they day it doesn't really matter much since the company is selling something only when the sales person is selling, thus a bad policy will fall off pretty soon. I definitely recommend working at Glentel, if you're good and work hard ( sometimes more than 40 hours a week) you're looking to make at least $4000-$6000 a month, which is not bad for a job that doesn't require college education. Hope this gives some insight to anyone looking to apply here.
Pros
competitive commission structure, flexible work schedule, fun to work, room for growth
Cons
sudden/drastic changes in policy
A typical day at Glentel as a sales rep
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Dis alarm store. Do cash in. Check the inventory. Print new price sheet and promotions. Review any plan changes. Make sure prices are changed for phones on display .

Assist customers in finding the best product that fits their needs by asking qualifying questions. Make sure to process the sales as efficiently and quickly as possible, at the same being able to greet other customers while processing the sale of another customer and making sure to maximize on sales each day by including attachments such as accessories and premium protection plan to keep the customer covered during the contract period.

Then adding a 3 day call back notice and sending a thank you card with a $25 referral bonus to make sure the customer is happy with the product.

I learned to stay patient and cool even in the toughest situations and make sure to take care of customers and making them my responsibility. Also time management skills is one thing that I also learned at this job.

The hardest part of the job is being under pressure when having technical difficulties. For example I had a mum with a baby today and a technical problem occured while I was processing the sale and she had to leave really soon to pick up her son, so I was processing everything as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get payed to talk to people and having fun doing that.