Glentel

Glentel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Incredibly Competitive, Great for the right person
City Sales Manager (WirelessWave and TBooth) (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great training - paid, room and board provided.
This company, while it may be a sinking ship in large due to total market saturation of the competition, is still an excellent place to work. The Alberta South District is experiencing high turnover, much like the rest of the company (125%). YOU HAVE TO SELL!!! Many of the poorer reviewers with the scope of this job board, more than likely had no motivation – more... to sell the products within this company. Those who do know how to sell, have the motivation to sell, and come to work everyday, oftentimes succeed. Those who don't want to commit themselves to a series of actions in the sales cycle, aren't cut out for this line of work. – less
Sales Management job which has enabled an endless amount of growth
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
At Glentel we offer many solutions and opportunities to sell a multitude of options for the consumer looking at wireless products. We go after the ultimate customer experience in ensuring "legendary customer service". In over 7 years working for Glentel, it has enabled me to learn all aspects of running a profitable and successful business from: hiring – more... the right employees, profit/loss, mentoring, payroll, marketing, and client solutions.
My current role at Glentel is a Sales Manager, in which I oversea all aspects of the business within the store, as well as I support other new Sales Managers and Assistant Managers. I support these managers through a program I teach and operate that mentors all new managers in my network and gives them the opportunity to grow.
There are many difficulties that come with the job from overcoming objections to basically everything we sell, to language barriers, and traffic. However, through building a successful team of employees, client referral network and practicing good business I have overcome every single difficulty faced.
Just as there are difficulties, there are many enjoyable parts of the job. From building a successful business, to ensuring the best possible quality experience for clients. However, for the me, the most enjoyable part has been the growth I have taken as a person and the things I have learned. Through working at Glentel I have learned an endless amount of skills that have helped me become the successful ambitious person I am today. – less
Very sales driven and alot of knowledge is needed. Overall Good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good enviroment learned alot
Cons: they pushed very hard for sales when there was no traffic.
Typical day consist of trying to bring customers in from mall hallways or waiting for customers to come in.
Fulfilling all their wireless essentials and needs and up-selling accessories as well as Wireless wave's Protection plan.

I learned how to build rapport sell and maintain customer relations.

Managers and co-workers were all great and learned – more... a lot from them and providing knowledge to them pertaining to sales process and what to do to improve.

hardest part of my job was sometimes there were just no customers. Which meant daily sales goals could not be reached.

Most enjoyable part was helping customers find the best plan and device and providing legendary customer service. – less
Good, flexible work.
Mobile Advisor - Target Mobilite (Current Employee), MontrealMarch 17, 2014
Great management, great schedule.
Sales environment.
improved sales tactics.
great co-workers.
good place to work
sales (Former Employee), calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very reliable place to work
Cons: a lots of pay cut
.productive and fun workplace
.they have an award every year for top sales
.treat their employee very well
.a very well organized company
.won a lots of award as sales person
Changing, Challenging and Engaging
Sales Representative (Current Employee), KingstonFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: independence and responsibility
Cons: shorter shifts
Typical Day: Come to work, sign into a computer, check rate and rate sheets for updates, change applicable signage, Check emails, sign task list, audit sales contracts, and complete a cash in/cash out. We do not take the deposit and change until coverage comes in. Midday coverage is responsible for shipping the Damaged on arrival merchandise and checking – more... in store transfers. In stock merchandise must be count once a day. Among light cleaning and assisting guests with their cellular needs we also made records and logs to monitor sales productivity.

When I went into cell phones I got the concept as I have become very familiar when using my own. I learnt tons of product knowledge I didn't know before and gave myself a different perspective.

Management is very motivating and encourages competition. I really enjoy being motivated positively.All of my co-workers work together and you can depend on them to help any guest.

The hardest part is explaining all of the information and why device costs are so high . Alot of people don't understand why the carriers have higher rates and why phone prices are so expensive. Learning how the customer takes in the information so that you can change your tactics to communicate with them.

I love the challenge and constant changes. I have been in retail for almost tens years and new opportunities never scare me. – less
Great place to work for College/University Students
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONOctober 25, 2013
Pros: prizes, perks, awards, trainings, management styles, room for advancement
Cons: very little free time
Sales of cellular phones and telecommunications products in a retail environment.

At Glentel you can meet anywhere from 200 to 500 people per shift so after a month you've met enough people to understand the way people think and how you can approach a person and sync yourself to their personality.

Managers at Glentel are hired from within the ranks – more... and all managers are trained to hold similar values and management styles. The management at Glentel is the number one reason the turnover rate is very low.

Glentel practices a very well defined hiring procedure, very few applicants are hired by this company since they seek a certain personality. Coworkers at Glentel get along very well and few issues have ever arose.

The hardest part of the job is separating work life from home life since customers have access to you at all times via company phones.

Meeting new people and achieving goals set out by managers. Plus the friendly competition set up by Glentel partners offer amazing perks. – less
Great starting point for a career but little room for advancement
District Team Leader (Current Employee), montrealJune 6, 2013
Pros: can make a lot of money
Cons: not much room for advancement
Learned many management, recruiting and training skills.
Deal with many people on a daily basis
excellent company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), edmontonMay 7, 2013
great company to work for but unfortunately the monetary earnings are low due to saturation of the market and slow months.
Great job if you want to stay in touch with technology
Store Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee), burlingtonFebruary 27, 2013
Always something new at work, I have learned many different things with technology. Everyone at work is easy to get a long with. The hardest part of my job is when you can't solve the customers issue and the most enjoyable part of my job is making people happy.
Telecommunications Sales Consultant
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 22, 2013
Typical day at Wireless Wave was fun, good atmosphere, great co-workers, I learned a lot about the selection of the newest products on the market I-Phone, Droids, Blackberry. Make outbound calls to clients whose contract is about to be up or if a client has met the qualifications to upgrade they're mobile phone. I really enjoyed interacting with the – more... public. I had to leave on good terms as working in the mall was not a good fit for a simple health issue. I enjoyed my time with Wireless Wave / Glentel – less
fun sales job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
fun sales job. base plus commission, face to face sales. long hours which made the job fun because you made what you worked for.
great entry level position
Manager (Former Employee), mississaugaNovember 28, 2012
I learned all the tricks of the trade while working for this prestigious company and later applied them in my own business
Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: commission
Cons: saturated business
Manage
Sales Targets
Cash Handling
Customer Service
Up Sell
Great place to work.
Sales Representative/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 28, 2012
Worked for Glentel for about 5 years. They have your best interests at heart when working for them.
amazing work place
Manager, Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2012
all i can remember about glentel, TBooth it was amazing work experience had great co-workers. overall i loved it.
Good job and benefits, lacked proper management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 31, 2012
I excused myself as there were numerous instances of theft, and I felt uncomfortable with the management of inventory.
Hired as sales mgr for Target Mobile.
sales manager (Former Employee), torontoApril 29, 2013
Pros: nice blackberry 10 demo
Cons: lack of support, constant i.t. system issues. not enough commissions
Glentel seemed to have a successful history and I was thrilled to be apart of the Target Mobile Launch. Howver, going into a new concept with no preconcenived idea of set up was a shock. We had an isle and no counters or work areas to have contracts signed. We used floors to separate contracts. District Managers were only supportive via email so very – more... little face to face communication. Staff were left feeling a sink or swim feeling and mgrs had no extra training at time of launch than a sales rep had. Zero time spent getting familar with navigating through dealer websites. Terrible training with hands on systems and procedures. Systems went down too often and customers walked. Target is the store. Target Mobile is the store within a store which translated into not being able to advertise. My biggest disappointment in the wireless world which I have been in since 1994. Nicest benefit was a company demo phone. Made solid connections with the rest of the sales mgrs and reps who were clinging to life within a company who pays min commissions and higher hourly rates... Never saw a company fire so many reps and mgrs within 3 months. Rather than work with staff they fire them. Cost of aquisition is no big deal to Glentel. The sharks at wireless wave would drown in the gondola if they had to work in this environment for a month. The experience made me decide to retire in the wireless world for good. – less
Meilleur endroit pour apprendre à prendre sa place
Vendeur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: le plan de compensations était motivant pour les top vendeur, système de récompenses des plus performants.
Cons: avec le temps ça commençait à être mois payant du à l'évolution de l'industrie.
Environnement multiculturel et beaucoup d'opportunité d'affaire pour les plus motivés.
Suivie et formation tout au long de votre carrière. Rencontres sociales et sorties avec collègues de travail etc.