Glentel Employee Reviews

Great money, great benefits, great culture terrible work life balance.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 June 2017
The money at Glentel is fantastic, the benefits are awesome, but the stress of thinking you'll be fired every month and not having a life outside of work is very frustrating.
Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
Working here was initially great. Everyone got a long. there were group events and no real drama. As time progressed, upper management changed and the culture changed with it.
Wireless Etc…(Glentel)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Providing a great customer service experience
Expert knowledge on cell phones, tablets, computers, and any wireless devices
Maintain a fast-paced sales environment
Meet performance based commission and incentives
Carry enthusiasm about technology
Know how to keep long-term based relationships with customers
Effectively work/cooperate with fellow coworkers to meet store goals
Nice people, mediocre management
DATA AND REPORTS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 May 2017
IT director is complete bozo, there is no cooperation among departments, everyone is on their own fighting for bigger cut of pie, but lots of good people doing good job
Pros
free parking
Cons
bad management on many levels
Horrible, full of politics.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
I worked here for 2 years and it was a nightmare. The management treats you like you are a slave. They harass you, discriminate towards you, and if you are a woman then you might as well just not bother applying. You end up working a lot more than just your hours due to the pressure from your manager. Training is weak and you are to do a lot more than what your job description asks of you.
The managers are cold-hearted pieces of *****, the higher level management/HR does nothing about it and if you don't hit your target regardless of where you are, get ready to look for another job. They don't empathise with you, they will make you cry your eyes out and have no feelings towards you as a human being. Benefits are great but that's about it.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Great Opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2017
Working at Glentel help me grow more and advance my people & sales skills as we worked in the middle of the mall and got to communicate with many customers as well as dealing with versatile style of sales and being able to offer different solutions to customers to help then get the best deal.
Cons
No balance
Glentel is an amazing international company with diverse cultural employees, wide products and strong leadership.
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto25 January 2017
I had a chance to work in Glentel company as senior sales representative. I built up strong relationship between my clients and our company. I would like to enter the world with bigger challenges...
Pros
Health benefits, flexible hours
Cons
no increase in base salary
Great Fast pace place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Talking to customers and coaching teams.
Learned a lot about sales and how to work with cross fit teams.
Management was great to work with.
hardest part was maintaining work and life balance as I was always on emails and other form of communication.
Great sales people to work with and teaching sales.
Amazing family-like environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, and Abbotsford28 November 2016
A typical day at work would include plenty of customer interaction, cleaning and caring for the small, limited work space, communication with team members about daily goals, monthly goals, stretch targets and margins of sales. A positive attitude was required to work in this environment, but as long as you are self-motivated and willing to learn and grow you are more than likely bound to grow in the company and do well.

Loved the teams I had the pleasure of working with and all the new people I met through the company events, and I'll forever carry all the things I've learned with the company through my life and apply it into any other job I get involved with.
Pros
Commissions payed extra well if you worked hard and kept a healthy competitive edge with work mates.
Cons
If you don't do well the company doesn't hesitate to let you know the situation.
Great coworkers, Bad DM's.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 November 2016
Got a lot of hours
Got gifts from Bell, Fido, Rogers, and Virgin
District Manager never provided solutions
Go through employees very fast
Pros
lots of hours, good pay
Cons
little support from DM
Challenging and fast paced environment
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 November 2016
Great staff and family atmosphere.

A general lack of confidence in managements supporting staff is the main reason there was such a high turn over at this company.

At the same time they had great parties...
Enjoyable work enviorment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
enjoyable work environment, good fun co-workers
motivating, great benefits, sick pay, incentives,
social committee hosted fun events, direct deposit pay periods,
Amazing Company with a solid Culture
Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON29 September 2016
Its been an amazing learning experience and I cant thank the company enough for providing such amazing learning, training resources I've ever had. I came in a novice sales associate, but left more experienced with amazing in depth knowledge of what it takes in providing excellent customer service relations, store operations./management to succeed in any retail environment! My leave was for my own personal development in trying a different atmosphere, but without a doubt I would definitely return to GLENTEL with eagerness and dedication! Thank you for the wonderful experience!
Pros
amazing coaching and company training resources, great culture, great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement
Fun envirnoment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work, open 45 minutes before, clean up, making sure till are not short or over. Read promotions and follow up with emails.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
A place to learn a lot about wireless retail
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2016
to be successful you must accomplish a lot at this company. Hard work and dedication is necessary to succeed.
tres belle experience
gerant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2016
compagnie qui traite les employes avec respect . un environnement de travail tres agreable
Good Team environment, motivated job atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 May 2016
great co-worker , good pace, team work is big , really like positive attitude, and also organization is key to success , learned alot about technology , competitive market
Highly competitive with excellent benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
A typical day at work involves inventory/stock maintenance, customer service, customer support, and sales. I personally learned how to communicate more effectively with individuals and more accurately access what needs and wants.
Management is strict with personal integrity, which is a good thing, but can sometimes choose to side with customers instead of supporting their employees in difficult situations when the customer is clearly being unreasonable. This comes from Glentel's focus on customer service, but can lead to bad moral. Co-workers can range to very supportive and close-knit team, to potentially very competitive. Ideally you can find both and create a successful work environment and sales team. Hardest part of the job can be a number of things. Sometimes it's the customers, the technology working against you, the billing/contracts, management, or a combination of everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the perfect solution that makes everyone happy. Customer gets a new phone/contract that fits their needs exactly that also saves them money, and employees make a sale. Another great part about this job are the giveaways, benefits, and parties. They really help create a feeling of "the skies the limit" in terms of how much you can make.
Pros
giveaways, parties
Cons
sometimes unpredictable hours, a lot of pressure to hit sales targets
Tough but rewarding, lots of sales coaching
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2016
Glentel was my first position managing a sales team. My team was responsible for selling cellular devices and plans. I worked with BatteryBoys/SaskTel providing UPS system for the mining industry as well (Mostly Mosaic). I was responsible for increasing a targeted sales budget which I exceeded and was presented multiple awards for my work in Saskatchewan. The district manager position would require the sales manager to relocated to Alberta. Saskatchewan is my home, I have no plans on moving out of the province.
Pros
Great incentives and recognition for hard work
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company
Good pay for the positions / industry, poor upper management.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS12 March 2016
Upper management far too worried about bottom lines and cut experienced management after stores are running smooth to pay newer staff less, questionable methods told to employees to get sales and then upper management has a way out to get rid of them later.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management