Glentel Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 May 2017
Great company. I learned a lot but advancing is minimal and culture is non existent.

I do have to say that the people are great and the business is always exciting. Wireless is a fast paced environment.
Fun if your young
Sales Associate and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 April 2017
Management is very strict and you must be comfortable with the product you are selling. Commission is taxed by 1/3 which is a lot and phone contract knowledge is a must
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 April 2017
I immensely enjoyed my time there working with great people. Only reason I left was because I realized I didn't like to work in sales. Some days could be very slow but working with the store's members was fun.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Small work space
Good
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 March 2017
Working at Glentel is fun there are a lot of social events. I learned a lot about telecommunications. Culture in head office is good and fun. Not many food places close by.
bien
Gérant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval, St-Jérôme, Montréal3 March 2017
Bien en général, possibilité d'avancement réduite.
Good salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2017
The job is to sell cellphones.

It is a great place to work, for a sales representative there is a lot of money involve if you are good.

I like the atmosphere of the store and team.
Great team culture
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
Glentel Inc. focuses on giving the best customer service experience. It is a very friendly place. You have tons of opportunity. The higher up managers are very friendly and great advisers. The Glentel University is also very helpful in building product knowledge.
Good place to learn about sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2016
A good way to earn commission if your sales are high enough. Little opportunity for advancement unless the district manager like you, despite your track record.
Je ne me rappel pas
associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval-ouest, QC26 February 2016
Je ne peut pas donner d'information car cela fait trop longtemps
Fast-paced, fun and shiny new gadgets
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto. ON30 July 2015
Best place for comparative mobile telecom products and services. Very experienced and knowledgeable staff willing to provide world class customer service.
Pros
Meet awesome people and play with the latest gadgets
Cons
challenging work environment
Glentel was definitely an experience working on commission.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2015
Although I was in a part-time role at Glentel during my undergrad, it was definitely an experience working on a plateau-based commission environment. The training and experience working with referral based customers was definitely interesting and there were strategies that were taught to me that I still use today. Nonetheless, I did not want to stay much longer than a few months only because the experience that I create with my customers meant more than a dollar value. The perks and commission structure was great, but only became greater the more you sold.
Pros
Work perks, Cool events
Cons
Commission based
Fun working in kiosk at mall
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornhill1 July 2015
Working at glentel exposed me to my first sales job. Had to learn how approach people working by to inform them about our phone products. My supervisors were very flexible to accommodate with my hours and expand my knowledge about sales. The hardest part of the job walking up to complete strangers to gain there interest about our products but the same time it was the most enjoyable part of the job along with working in mall
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Varying work hours
Competitive sales job with great incentives and commission
Wirelesswave / Tbooth Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 June 2015
Always looking sharp with suit and tie, shaved, name tag, The drive to reach my commission goals was my typical day working and trying to create referral business.
I learned about all types of cellular devices, plans, and tabs. I learned about electronics and customer service. Established plans and phones for customers according to the customers life.
Management was very professional. Developed relationship with the DM, DTL, Managers and Assistant Managers.
Team work with co-workers is key with sales jobs with commission and everyone would help to make sure all associates hits there plato. A lot of my co-workers became my friends after working with them.
The hardest part about the job was defective problems with someones phones which creates and unsatisfied customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping up with technology. Its a great feeling giving satisfied customers a great phones with finically stable tabs.
Pros
Suit and Tie, Incentives, Comission
Cons
Contant emails
Great Place to work with excellent benefits and salary
Manager/District Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Scarborough25 April 2015
-making sure that all stores open on time for the district
-each store is aware of price changes, promos, marketing material, and goals in all areas for the day
-learning is endless with Glentel everyday I learn something new when it comes to managing, product, services, staff and the company itself overall.
-having a friendly environment is what i work towards when it comes to all my stores in the district
-hardest part i would say would be achieving my goals when it comes to slow periods during the year.
-most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that the whole district works as a team, coaching, motivating, and rewarding staff.
Pros
excellent training structure in place for all levels of employees
Cons
Sometimes you could be working up to 50 to 60 hours a week
Eager to work, challenge, accomplishment and alliance
District Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK24 April 2015
Take a measure to the goals, set the daily challenges and the strategies to win the day, the week the month. Celebrate the wins and the personal learning for the day. The hardest part of the hardest part of the job is to see talent wasted. The most enjoyable is being involved in getting someone promoted.
Pros
Freedom to invent, strategize and execute
Cons
You can get caught up in working more that you should
good place to work
Sales Associate and customer service (Former Employee) –  calgary20 April 2015
a lot of communication required to work this job. It is not that simple as it looks. You have to be willing to learn new work.
Productive training to serve customers with extra care
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontario3 April 2015
Constant work and making clients by serving all the client's every need. Learned to keep clients for future business opportunities. Management helps with training seminars and meetings. Friendly environment where co-workers are always helpful. Hardest part of the job is that you have to me on your feet at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always busy with people.
I love this job, it was fun and exciting!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, Pe2 March 2015
Typical day, I would go in set up the store get everything ready, Engage customers and make some sales, Staff would show up through the day, We would spend our downtime cleaning and working on store presentation. I also, had many conference calls and reports I would have to get done in the run of the week. We would also have to take care of inventory at times I would delegate this to a staff member or at times we would all do it together to make sure it was done correctly. We would process the sales, maintain professionalism with the customer and end of the day pack everything up, put it away and head home.

I loved this job it was great. I was in control of the out come of my own business. Loved training and hiring new sales reps. Loved motivating the team to grow and progress and break every record that had been previously been set by any other store in the company. The hardest part would have had to been dealing with employees who would bring their personal issues to work and had trouble checking them at the door. The best part was the ability to get a Steady Salary but also write my own pay check with bonus' and Commissions. My staff were great and we had lots of fun.
Pros
I was my own Boss
Cons
Employee's personal issues
good people
District team Leader/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  cornwall ontario12 February 2015
Good company to work for and good benfits
Awesome people

great advancement love the coaching on behavoirs and movement in the compamy
Environnement de Travail chez Glentel Inc.
Associé de Ventes (Former Employee) –  Lasalle21 November 2014
Le Travail chez Glentel consiste a faire dès l ouverture du magasin, les mises a jours des forfaits, des prix et vérifier les nouvelles notifications, le stock, préparer les commandes nécessaires pour le stock du magasin.

Quand cela est fait, nous devons compléter les formations mises a disposition en ligne durant le temps libre quand il n y a pas de client.
ce qui est une très bonne chose pour l expérience.

Mes collaborateurs ont toujours été a disposition en cas de problèmes techniques ou avec un client, ils me permettent de progresser et me montre les bonnes combines. J ai eu une très bonnes relation avec eux.

Cependant il arrive que le magasin soit vide sans clients et que nous ayons compléter nos formations et nos mises a jours du magasin, de longues heures vident s'ensuivent.

Le fait d'informer le client, lui proposer un service qui lui plait et qu'il concrétise ce service tout en étant heureux donne une autosatisfaction et un sentiment d'avoir rempli les objectifs demandés.
Pros
Bonne ambiance de travail, bonne relation avec les collègues, et bonne formation
Cons
Difficile de monter les échelons après avoir pris le poste de Gérant et salaire assez bas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glentel Inc. Our community is ready to answer.