Glentel Inc

Glentel Inc Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I love this job, it was fun and exciting!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PeMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i was my own boss
Cons: employee's personal issues
Typical day, I would go in set up the store get everything ready, Engage customers and make some sales, Staff would show up through the day, We would spend our downtime cleaning and working on store presentation. I also, had many conference calls and reports I would have to get done in the run of the week. We would also have to take care of inventory at times I would delegate this to a staff member or at times we would all do it together to make sure it was done correctly. We would process the sales, maintain professionalism with the customer and end of the day pack everything up, put it away and head home.

I loved this job it was great. I was in control of the out come of my own business. Loved training and hiring new sales reps. Loved motivating the team to grow and progress and break every record that had been previously been set by any other store in the company. The hardest part would have had to been dealing with employees who would bring their personal issues to work and had trouble checking them at the door. The best part was the ability to get a Steady Salary but also write my own pay check with bonus' and Commissions. My staff were great and we had lots of fun.
good people
District team Leader/Sales Manager (Former Employee), cornwall ontarioFebruary 12, 2015
Good company to work for and good benfits
Awesome people

great advancement love the coaching on behavoirs and movement in the compamy
fun place to be
Corporate and Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: fun
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.

Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed.
productive
Sales and Customer Associate (Former Employee), TorontoJune 12, 2014
competitive sales job environment is good. make u learn a lot about customer services and sales
Downsizing, numerous changes
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 27, 2014
Pros: some good people work there
Cons: a sr manager arriving from ont has no management skills
Japanese culture from the 70s. Strict, un-trusting atmosphere.
No acknowledgement for over achievers.
Great DM
Sales Manager (Current Employee), New Minas, NSApril 27, 2014
I have a good DM that is always willing to hear new ideas that works for my store. It is a fun place to work, just really want to get that next step of a carrier.
Excelent place to learn new things about mobile devices
TBooth - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work would begin with opening the store 30 minutes prior to mall opening, cashing in, receiving inventory, daily cleaning.
I have learned that the mobile industry is continuously changing. The management is great - will work with you to make your career better. Co-workers are the most important part of the job, If they see you struggling to close a sale they will just jump in and help close it with you. The hardest part of the job is when you're alone on some days and it gets incredibly busy and you cannot manage your time properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is off site training events. You get the opportunity to win mobile devices.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 10, 2013
Pros: schedule flexibility, co-workers easy to work with
Cons: low volume location, to slow
Averaged 8 working hours with the chance of overtime occasionally.

Management is very easy to get along with and very flexible when it came to my schedule.

Co-Workers were low energy, but still easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job was that there was very little traffic most days and therefore it was difficult to get to the set goals

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ease and flexibility of the management.
A great environment to work in.
Cell Phone Sales Representative/Consultant (Current Employee), Target MobileJuly 6, 2013
Will recommend anyone looking for work to check this company.
Very Strict Retail Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoApril 7, 2013
Pros: free phone bills and awesume benefits with lots of incentives
Cons: no job security
It was a commission based job and need to achieve targets by month end. But It was fun and enjoyable and team members are so cooperative. Enjoyed every day at work.The management is so up to date.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: staff discount, accommodating of schedule needs, have great co-workers
Cons: long hours and no chance to growth
Coworkers and management are awesome. Everyone is there for you when you have a problem. Everyone works as a team. The hardest part of the job is working long shifts. Management is great.
Great culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 17, 2012
9 to 5 job
Learned team work, administrative skills, multi tasking etc
co-workers were helpful when i started.
hardest part was was leaving the job
enjoyable was fun activities organized by the company like barbecues etc
Environnement de Travail chez Glentel Inc.
Associé de Ventes (Former Employee), LasalleNovember 21, 2014
Pros: bonne ambiance de travail, bonne relation avec les collègues, et bonne formation
Cons: difficile de monter les échelons après avoir pris le poste de gérant et salaire assez bas
Le Travail chez Glentel consiste a faire dès l ouverture du magasin, les mises a jours des forfaits, des prix et vérifier les nouvelles notifications, le stock, préparer les commandes nécessaires pour le stock du magasin.

Quand cela est fait, nous devons compléter les formations mises a disposition en ligne durant le temps libre quand il n y a pas de client.
ce qui est une très bonne chose pour l expérience.

Mes collaborateurs ont toujours été a disposition en cas de problèmes techniques ou avec un client, ils me permettent de progresser et me montre les bonnes combines. J ai eu une très bonnes relation avec eux.

Cependant il arrive que le magasin soit vide sans clients et que nous ayons compléter nos formations et nos mises a jours du magasin, de longues heures vident s'ensuivent.

Le fait d'informer le client, lui proposer un service qui lui plait et qu'il concrétise ce service tout en étant heureux donne une autosatisfaction et un sentiment d'avoir rempli les objectifs demandés.