Glentel Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast-paced, fun and shiny new gadgets
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto. ONJuly 30, 2015
Best place for comparative mobile telecom products and services. Very experienced and knowledgeable staff willing to provide world class customer service.
Pros
Meet awesome people and play with the latest gadgets
Cons
challenging work environment
Glentel was definitely an experience working on commission.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 20, 2015
Although I was in a part-time role at Glentel during my undergrad, it was definitely an experience working on a plateau-based commission environment. The training and experience working with referral based customers was definitely interesting and there were strategies that were taught to me that I still use today. Nonetheless, I did not want to stay much longer than a few months only because the experience that I create with my customers meant more than a dollar value. The perks and commission structure was great, but only became greater the more you sold.
Pros
Work perks, Cool events
Cons
Commission based
Fun working in kiosk at mall
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  ThornhillJuly 1, 2015
Working at glentel exposed me to my first sales job. Had to learn how approach people working by to inform them about our phone products. My supervisors were very flexible to accommodate with my hours and expand my knowledge about sales. The hardest part of the job walking up to complete strangers to gain there interest about our products but the same time it was the most enjoyable part of the job along with working in mall
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Varying work hours
Competitive sales job with great incentives and commission
Wirelesswave / Tbooth Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 3, 2015
Always looking sharp with suit and tie, shaved, name tag, The drive to reach my commission goals was my typical day working and trying to create referral business.
I learned about all types of cellular devices, plans, and tabs. I learned about electronics and customer service. Established plans and phones for customers according to the customers life.
Management was very professional. Developed relationship with the DM, DTL, Managers and Assistant Managers.
Team work with co-workers is key with sales jobs with commission and everyone would help to make sure all associates hits there plato. A lot of my co-workers became my friends after working with them.
The hardest part about the job was defective problems with someones phones which creates and unsatisfied customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping up with technology. Its a great feeling giving satisfied customers a great phones with finically stable tabs.
Pros
Suit and Tie, Incentives, Comission
Cons
Contant emails
Great Place to work with excellent benefits and salary
Manager/District Team Leader (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughApril 25, 2015
-making sure that all stores open on time for the district
-each store is aware of price changes, promos, marketing material, and goals in all areas for the day
-learning is endless with Glentel everyday I learn something new when it comes to managing, product, services, staff and the company itself overall.
-having a friendly environment is what i work towards when it comes to all my stores in the district
-hardest part i would say would be achieving my goals when it comes to slow periods during the year.
-most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that the whole district works as a team, coaching, motivating, and rewarding staff.
Pros
excellent training structure in place for all levels of employees
Cons
Sometimes you could be working up to 50 to 60 hours a week
Eager to work, challenge, accomplishment and alliance
District Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SKApril 24, 2015
Take a measure to the goals, set the daily challenges and the strategies to win the day, the week the month. Celebrate the wins and the personal learning for the day. The hardest part of the hardest part of the job is to see talent wasted. The most enjoyable is being involved in getting someone promoted.
Pros
Freedom to invent, strategize and execute
Cons
You can get caught up in working more that you should
good place to work
Sales Associate and customer service (Former Employee) –  calgaryApril 20, 2015
a lot of communication required to work this job. It is not that simple as it looks. You have to be willing to learn new work.
Productive training to serve customers with extra care
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontarioApril 3, 2015
Constant work and making clients by serving all the client's every need. Learned to keep clients for future business opportunities. Management helps with training seminars and meetings. Friendly environment where co-workers are always helpful. Hardest part of the job is that you have to me on your feet at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always busy with people.
I love this job, it was fun and exciting!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PeMarch 2, 2015
Typical day, I would go in set up the store get everything ready, Engage customers and make some sales, Staff would show up through the day, We would spend our downtime cleaning and working on store presentation. I also, had many conference calls and reports I would have to get done in the run of the week. We would also have to take care of inventory at times I would delegate this to a staff member or at times we would all do it together to make sure it was done correctly. We would process the sales, maintain professionalism with the customer and end of the day pack everything up, put it away and head home.

I loved this job it was great. I was in control of the out come of my own business. Loved training and hiring new sales reps. Loved motivating the team to grow and progress and break every record that had been previously been set by any other store in the company. The hardest part would have had to been dealing with employees who would bring their personal issues to work and had trouble checking them at the door. The best part was the ability to get a Steady Salary but also write my own pay check with bonus' and Commissions. My staff were great and we had lots of fun.
Pros
i was my own boss
Cons
employee's personal issues
good people
District team Leader/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  cornwall ontarioFebruary 12, 2015
Good company to work for and good benfits
Awesome people

great advancement love the coaching on behavoirs and movement in the compamy
productive
Sales and Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 12, 2014
competitive sales job environment is good. make u learn a lot about customer services and sales
Downsizing, numerous changes
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 27, 2014
Japanese culture from the 70s. Strict, un-trusting atmosphere.
No acknowledgement for over achievers.
Pros
some good people work there
Cons
a sr manager arriving from ont has no management skills
Great DM
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSApril 27, 2014
I have a good DM that is always willing to hear new ideas that works for my store. It is a fun place to work, just really want to get that next step of a carrier.
Excelent place to learn new things about mobile devices
TBooth - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work would begin with opening the store 30 minutes prior to mall opening, cashing in, receiving inventory, daily cleaning.
I have learned that the mobile industry is continuously changing. The management is great - will work with you to make your career better. Co-workers are the most important part of the job, If they see you struggling to close a sale they will just jump in and help close it with you. The hardest part of the job is when you're alone on some days and it gets incredibly busy and you cannot manage your time properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is off site training events. You get the opportunity to win mobile devices.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 10, 2013
Averaged 8 working hours with the chance of overtime occasionally.

Management is very easy to get along with and very flexible when it came to my schedule.

Co-Workers were low energy, but still easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job was that there was very little traffic most days and therefore it was difficult to get to the set goals

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ease and flexibility of the management.
Pros
schedule flexibility, co-workers easy to work with
Cons
low volume location, to slow
A great environment to work in.
Cell Phone Sales Representative/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Target MobileJuly 6, 2013
Will recommend anyone looking for work to check this company.
Very Strict Retail Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 7, 2013
It was a commission based job and need to achieve targets by month end. But It was fun and enjoyable and team members are so cooperative. Enjoyed every day at work.The management is so up to date.
Pros
free phone bills and awesume benefits with lots of incentives
Cons
no job security
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 13, 2012
Coworkers and management are awesome. Everyone is there for you when you have a problem. Everyone works as a team. The hardest part of the job is working long shifts. Management is great.
Pros
staff discount, accommodating of schedule needs, have great co-workers
Cons
long hours and no chance to growth
Great culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 17, 2012
9 to 5 job
Learned team work, administrative skills, multi tasking etc
co-workers were helpful when i started.
hardest part was was leaving the job
enjoyable was fun activities organized by the company like barbecues etc
Je ne me rappel pas
associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval-ouest, QCFebruary 26, 2016
Je ne peut pas donner d'information car cela fait trop longtemps