Glenmore Christian Academy (GCA) is a faith-based alternative school of the Palliser School Division located in the Southwest of Calgary, Alberta specializing in the education of children in grades K-9. GCA’s focus on educational and personal development excellence has led it to be consistently ranked as one of the best performing schools in Alberta.
GCA has an opportunity for an IT Technician. Under the direction and mentorship of the IT Lead, this individual will maintain IT and Audio/Visual related devices and services as well as assist the teaching staff in exploring how to best use the technology available to them. This includes desk side support, infrastructure and server management, systems administration, setup and running of A/V gear in the theatre, as well as SMART boards, projectors, and other classroom teaching aids.
The responsibilities of the IT Technician will cover a wide range of Information Technology. Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
IT Support (approximately 70% of time):
- User support and training
- Maintain, and support all IT systems including servers, PC/MACs, printers, network switches, routers, firewalls, SMART Boards, software, licenses and peripherals
- Perform routine management tasks including Active Directory, Group Policy, disk imaging, iPad provisioning, antivirus checks, system patching, email accounts, distribution lists, etc.
- Assist IT Lead as required
- Service help desk and technical support tickets as they arise
Theatre Support (approximately 30% of time):
- Maintain and support all A/V systems including student training, staff training, and attending all events in the theatre to provide assistance and support
- Inventory theatre equipment
- Theatre equipment maintenance
- Process Documentation
- Purchasing as approved
- Assisting in developing budget and plan for the technical requirements of the theatre
- Be available for all school events in the theatre, some may be outside of regular hours
- Two years of related work experience and technical/IT training would be an asset
- Experience with A/V systems setup and management would be an asset
- Technical knowledge and experience with networked PC’s
- Support experience with MSOffice and Google Apps
- Strong background in providing hands on tech support to all levels of users
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to succinctly explain complex technical concepts
- Demonstrable ability to perform hands-on IT maintenance
- Ability and desire to assist users in a friendly manner
- Proven attention to detail and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively in teams and take direction
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
Local candidates will be given preference.
Please send resume (with cover letter and references) to the attention of Steve Martens, IT Lead. The closing date for applications is December 20, 2013. No agencies or telephone inquiries please. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.