Glencore Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Collègues agréables, équipe de gestion très inefficace.
Ancien employé (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC13 September 2017
Le personnel est, dans son ensemble, très compétent, mais la culture organisationnelle de cette usine ne permet pas d'optimiser le potentiel de chacun. Plusieurs employés sont très démotivés. Atmosphère de travail moyennement agréable. Si vous recherchez un salaire, vous êtes au bon endroit. Si par contre, vous recherchez un travail passionnant et stimulant qui offrira des défis à la hauteur de vos compétences...Vous serez peut-être déçu!
Pros
Les salaires sont très compétitifs
Cons
La culture globale de l'usine de Montréeal-est, Très hiérarchisé rendant l'atmosphère de travail peu motivante.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Developing Work skills
Mangement Contracter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB3 June 2017
I worked at the same mine for 38 plus years and worked myself up the ladder from labourer to Miner for the first 12 years and then went on to a management position from Frontline to Supervisor to Trainer to Schedular/planner to Contractor Coordinator.The last position was for 9 years .
I was responsible for deliverables such as Priority Mining to advising and following all best practices and most importantly . The Safety of the workers from a managers perspective .
Pros
Dependable Company with a good salary
Cons
Daily travel which was 2.5 hours per day
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good place to work !
HR coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2017
Good place to work and learn about mining industry. Good people... really competent ! Had fun and would recommend to my friends and family ! thank you !
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive, fun and caring workplace
Student/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 May 2017
Great place to work, always productive, caring and fun workplace that cares about its employees and ensures they are well and fit. If ùI ever get the opportunity to work there, I would take it in a heart beat for life time career.
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Enjoyable Job
Miner C (Current Employee) –  Onaping, ON27 January 2017
I enjoy going to work day in and day out. Many crews have good morale and are good to work with. Logistics department has a good mixture of jobs that are rotated therefore keeping things interesting.
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and fun
Geologist (Current Employee) –  Rosh Pinan25 October 2016
I enjoy what I do at work, overall pleasant environment to work for.
My work involves technical and provide much opportunities to learn everyday. I enjoy working with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when following procedures and standards which I do not enjoy doing. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the team and when everyone pulls in one direction.
Pros
Conducive environment
Cons
Minimum innovation
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Conditions de travail avantageuses
Chargé de projets (Current Employee) –  valleyfield, QC13 July 2016
En tant que chargé de projet, je m'assure que les demandes des différents départements au niveau des projets d'automatisation soient traités de façon à satisfaire leur besoin.

Je gère toutes les étapes des projets incluant l'installation et la mise en service. L'ingénierie est souvent donnée à des consultants externes, mais la gestion de ceux-ci m'appartient.

J'ai appris à gérer du personnel de maintenance, des consultants et des entrepreneurs.

Le plus difficile de ce poste est de concilier tous les projets de tous les département à la fois, soit environ 35 projets simultanément en tout temps.

Le plus agréable du poste est la diversité des projets et l'autonomie qui nous est offert pour trouver les bonnes solutions aux besoins du département.
Pros
Horaire et avantages sociaux
Was this review helpful?Yes 5No 6Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
environnment de travail agréable
cuisinier d`établissement (Former Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda, QC10 July 2016
J;ai vécu une très belle expérience au près de la compagnie glencore,le personnel de la cuisine étaient vraiment agréable à côtoyer,une belle expérience dans le grand-nord,
Pros
transport par avion, vetements fourni par la compagnie, très bien logé
Was this review helpful?Yes 5No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
bonne environnement de travail
superviseur entretien (Former Employee) –  Nouvelle, QC19 June 2016
bonne expérience de travail chez Alcoa car on touchait un peu a toutes sortes d'équipement en entretien.
Pros
usine tres propre
Cons
pas d'appui
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Comany seemed lost with no directon
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Worked from 05:45 to 15:30 every day and through the weekends when at site in Chad, Africa. The schedule at site in Chad was from 06:00 to 18:00 every day. Enjoyed the challenge when the company was Caracal and we started from a green field site to 2500 bbd in 18 months. We had a great team and we worked well together.
Pros
Hard work and long hours and great achievement
Cons
Management transition not well done
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport

Want to know more about Glencore?

Ask a question
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Bonne environnement
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Matagami, QC5 January 2016
Bonne environnement propice à une bonne carrière.
Propice au dépassement de soi
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Courtes pauses
Was this review helpful?Yes 9No 2Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Overseas
Drilling & Completion Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
I Enjoyed working in the overseas environment for work & life balance. The people I worked with in Africa were professional and an excellent team.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun place to work with great opportunity to move ahead in your career
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2015
The downturn in the economy meant layoffs for the company, me included. The Calgary office ended up fully closing at the end of August.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Bottom Line
EH&S Continuous projects (Former Employee) –  Africa13 August 2015
Very large company with a huge market share, that is driven by finances. Big into controlling as much of every stage as possible.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Environnement de travail agréable
Stage en génie mécanique(Planificateur, entretien) (Former Employee) –  Salaberry de Valleyfield11 May 2015
Bonne entreprise, employés respectueux et ouverts à nouvelles idées, bon plan de carrière.
Was this review helpful?Yes 26No 19Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Contracts Lead
Contracts Lead, Supply Chain Department (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
 Providing leadership and training to team members, participate in performance management and recruitment
 Development of Contracting Plans
 Preparation and management of Contracts, MSAs, and RFQs, Change Orders and Work Orders
 Collaborating with the Engineering and Project Management team to ensure all aspects of project is covered
 Negotiating with contractors and vendors re: terms and conditions / pricing and rates
 Managing contractor relationships (cradle to grave)
 Developing and implementing new templates, policies and procedures
 Liaise with in-country personnel to coordinate contract negotiations and agreements
Was this review helpful?YesNo 2Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Highly Diverse Industrial Establishment
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON7 February 2015
I worked as an information technology technician for two summers. I woke up at 5am and car pooled to the mine with my father and four other miners. Worked from 6:30am until 3:30pm.

It was a highly social job. I was always in contact with different employees in every department at the mine. I worked in the main office building with managers, engineers, technicians, technologist, geologists, blasters, electrical, surveyors, and I was always learning something new each day. I enjoyed this probably the most because the mining industry is a very complex and interesting field.

It was a rough neck and intellectual work environment that I thourougly enjoyed being a part of for two summers.
Pros
Go at own pace
Cons
Lots of down time
Was this review helpful?Yes 4NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Interesting
employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB5 December 2014
working here is interesting and confusing for the most part. There are no policies in place, they function complety backwards in the supply process. I find people unfriendly most days, this is very strange to me. Management does not acknowledge employees at all unless you are the pet. there is a lot of back stabbing and "he said she said". I dont like feeling like I am in high school.
Pros
wages
Cons
cold shoulders
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great experience
Environmental Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Falconbridge, ON25 June 2014
Every day i would take water samples, air samples, as well as weekly soil, waste rock and tail gas samples. It was where i gained the most knowledge and experience.
Pros
Free overtime lunches
Cons
Very warm indoors around cyclones.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great people to work both with and for.
Student Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belledune, NB10 April 2014
When I worked at the Brunswick Smelter as a student, I was given a large amount of responsibility with respect to leading projects and pursuing them to completion, with excellent help along the way.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glencore. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.0
Based on 227 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
3.7
Salary/Benefits
4.0
Job Security/Advancement
3.6
Management
3.7
Culture
3.7

CEO Approval

86%
82 ratings
Add your rating