Glencore Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Geologist (Current Employee) –  Rosh Pinan25 October 2016
I enjoy what I do at work, overall pleasant environment to work for.
My work involves technical and provide much opportunities to learn everyday. I enjoy working with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when following procedures and standards which I do not enjoy doing. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the team and when everyone pulls in one direction.
Pros
Conducive environment
Cons
Minimum innovation
Comany seemed lost with no directon
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Worked from 05:45 to 15:30 every day and through the weekends when at site in Chad, Africa. The schedule at site in Chad was from 06:00 to 18:00 every day. Enjoyed the challenge when the company was Caracal and we started from a green field site to 2500 bbd in 18 months. We had a great team and we worked well together.
Pros
Hard work and long hours and great achievement
Cons
Management transition not well done
Overseas
Drilling & Completion Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
I Enjoyed working in the overseas environment for work & life balance. The people I worked with in Africa were professional and an excellent team.
Fun place to work with great opportunity to move ahead in your career
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2015
The downturn in the economy meant layoffs for the company, me included. The Calgary office ended up fully closing at the end of August.
Bottom Line
EH&S Continuous projects (Former Employee) –  Africa13 August 2015
Very large company with a huge market share, that is driven by finances. Big into controlling as much of every stage as possible.
Contracts Lead
Contracts Lead, Supply Chain Department (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
 Providing leadership and training to team members, participate in performance management and recruitment
 Development of Contracting Plans
 Preparation and management of Contracts, MSAs, and RFQs, Change Orders and Work Orders
 Collaborating with the Engineering and Project Management team to ensure all aspects of project is covered
 Negotiating with contractors and vendors re: terms and conditions / pricing and rates
 Managing contractor relationships (cradle to grave)
 Developing and implementing new templates, policies and procedures
 Liaise with in-country personnel to coordinate contract negotiations and agreements
Highly Diverse Industrial Establishment
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON7 February 2015
I worked as an information technology technician for two summers. I woke up at 5am and car pooled to the mine with my father and four other miners. Worked from 6:30am until 3:30pm.

It was a highly social job. I was always in contact with different employees in every department at the mine. I worked in the main office building with managers, engineers, technicians, technologist, geologists, blasters, electrical, surveyors, and I was always learning something new each day. I enjoyed this probably the most because the mining industry is a very complex and interesting field.

It was a rough neck and intellectual work environment that I thourougly enjoyed being a part of for two summers.
Pros
Go at own pace
Cons
Lots of down time
Interesting
employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB5 December 2014
working here is interesting and confusing for the most part. There are no policies in place, they function complety backwards in the supply process. I find people unfriendly most days, this is very strange to me. Management does not acknowledge employees at all unless you are the pet. there is a lot of back stabbing and "he said she said". I dont like feeling like I am in high school.
Pros
wages
Cons
cold shoulders
Great experience
Environmental Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Falconbridge, ON25 June 2014
Every day i would take water samples, air samples, as well as weekly soil, waste rock and tail gas samples. It was where i gained the most knowledge and experience.
Pros
Free overtime lunches
Cons
Very warm indoors around cyclones.
Great people to work both with and for.
Student Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belledune, NB10 April 2014
When I worked at the Brunswick Smelter as a student, I was given a large amount of responsibility with respect to leading projects and pursuing them to completion, with excellent help along the way.
My work.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Belledune NB26 March 2014
Busy day at work, how to operate machinery, management did their job and I did mine, I got alone wonderful with my co-workers.
Night shift was the hard part for me. Operating machinery, I loved driving the machinery and learning daily new things.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
management changed hands to many times.
Challenging place to work at
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Belledune, NB15 February 2014
Normal work hours are 8-4
shift work is 12 hr days & nights
Dealing with Management is the hardest part of the day
Excellent co-workers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No vision
A good company to work for, with good learning opportunities
Treasury Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2014
Glencore is global mining giant with metals and agriculture departments. My role has well-rounded responsibilities, interacting with finance, commercial groups and others.
Great co-workers
Manager, Financial Reporting, Zinc Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2013
The co-workers at the company are fantastic, always willing to help and learn.
Manager Business Improvement Procurement (Former Employee) –  New Caledonia8 October 2013
Great professional place to work.
One of the best Mining Corporation in the world with a real commitment toward their employees.
Pros
International Corporation
Conditions de travail avantageuses
Chargé de projets (Current Employee) –  valleyfield, QC13 July 2016
En tant que chargé de projet, je m'assure que les demandes des différents départements au niveau des projets d'automatisation soient traités de façon à satisfaire leur besoin.

Je gère toutes les étapes des projets incluant l'installation et la mise en service. L'ingénierie est souvent donnée à des consultants externes, mais la gestion de ceux-ci m'appartient.

J'ai appris à gérer du personnel de maintenance, des consultants et des entrepreneurs.

Le plus difficile de ce poste est de concilier tous les projets de tous les département à la fois, soit environ 35 projets simultanément en tout temps.

Le plus agréable du poste est la diversité des projets et l'autonomie qui nous est offert pour trouver les bonnes solutions aux besoins du département.
Pros
Horaire et avantages sociaux
environnment de travail agréable
cuisinier d`établissement (Former Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda, QC10 July 2016
J;ai vécu une très belle expérience au près de la compagnie glencore,le personnel de la cuisine étaient vraiment agréable à côtoyer,une belle expérience dans le grand-nord,
Pros
transport par avion, vetements fourni par la compagnie, très bien logé
bonne environnement de travail
superviseur entretien (Former Employee) –  Nouvelle, QC19 June 2016
bonne expérience de travail chez Alcoa car on touchait un peu a toutes sortes d'équipement en entretien.
Pros
usine tres propre
Cons
pas d'appui
Bonne environnement
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Matagami, QC5 January 2016
Bonne environnement propice à une bonne carrière.
Propice au dépassement de soi
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Courtes pauses
Environnement de travail agréable
Stage en génie mécanique(Planificateur, entretien) (Former Employee) –  Salaberry de Valleyfield11 May 2015
Bonne entreprise, employés respectueux et ouverts à nouvelles idées, bon plan de carrière.