Job Title: Coordinator, Special Events & Museum Rentals
Job Family: C.U.P.E Local 1645
Salary Grade: 5
Organization Unit: Development
Job Group: Specialist
Development & Membership Events:
- Assists in the development and execution of an event strategy and framework for Glenbow Museum.
- Ensures events are aligned with strategy and planned and organized according to desired purpose and outcomes.
- Develops and implements effective processes and documentation for special events including an event planning and execution checklist, to ensure consistent event planning and execution.
- Works with the Manager, Special Events & Museum Rentals to design and implement a consistent process for tracking event related rsvp's and attendees where required.
- Ensures this data is managed and analyzed consistently.
- Assists in planning and organization of all events and receptions related to Development and Membership.
- Includes but not limited to: exhibition openings, premium member events, donor recognition events, membership events, stewardship events, formal prospect cultivation dinners and other events as assigned.
Signature Fundraising Event(s):
- Responsible for aiding in the planning and implementing signature fundraising event(s) to meet the fiscal year target.
- Works with the Manager, Special Events & Museum Rentals to set direction, purpose and strategy for signature event(s).
- Works with the Manager, Special Events & Museum Rentals to ensure cultivation and steward of sponsors, donors and attendees as required for each event.
- Ensures that event follow up and stewardship plans are created for each event.
- Leads the development and execution of a museum rentals strategy and framework for Glenbow Museum, with the goal of enhanced revenue generation.
- Researches best practices in facility rentals and current rental rates to ensure Glenbow's rates and programs
- Consults with rental clients and provides assistance with respect to event planning and logistics.
- Ensures that museum rentals are a positive Glenbow experience for all clients.
Corporate Partner Events:
- Leads execution of all corporate partner events and receptions.
- Ensures corporate partners have the opportunity to customize their events and integrate positive Glenbow experiences into their events.
- Consults with corporate partners and provides assistance with respect to event planning and logistics.
- Ensures an onsite presence from the Development team during corporate events.
- Plays lead role for facility rental inquiries, bookings, and on-site execution of these bookings.
- Includes but not limited to: Corporate client hosting events, theatre usage, boardroom usage.
- Ensures museum rentals are appropriately resourced with staff and volunteers as required.
- Ensures appropriate billing of staff hours where required.
- Oversees all staff and volunteer resources.
- Implements a consistent process to ensure that all Glenbow staff are appropriately informed in advance of special events and museum rentals that have the potential to impact the museum and associated programming.
- Provides consultation and assistance for other Glenbow museum events (ie. Launch Parties) as required.
- Works with the Database Administrator to set up appropriate information management and reporting for all
events and museum rentals in the Raiser's Edge database.
- Uses Raiser's Edge to manage event logistics, budgets, prospects, sponsors and donors.
- Contributes to the design of all print and online communication and collateral for special events and facility
rentals as required. This includes print invitations, Evites, programs, signage, donor and sponsor recognition, advertisements and other items as required.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school graduation and completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school. The person requires an ability to understand, utilize and communicate specialized information in speech and written text. This specialized training
is often formalized and recognized by a specific certificate, diploma or license.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is two to three years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent's education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.
SKILLS AND LEVELS
The specific technical skills required by this job include:
Description Required Proficiency
Admissions System Intermediate
MS Internet Explorer Basic
Power Point Intermediate
Raiser's Edge Advanced
- Team Playing -effectively filling necessary roles within a team environment; showing strong listening, summarizing, facilitating and "bridge building" skills.
- Initiative- demonstrating self-motivation; effective performance is driven from within rather than being conditional on pressure from external factors (e.g. supervisors, peers, subordinates, deadlines, crises, etc.).
- Work Relationships/Networking- maintaining working relationships within the organization. This
may, when appropriate, include maintaining working relationships or useful contacts outside of the organization to provide information or assistance.
- Customer Focus -taking the initiative in understanding the needs of others (internal and external
"customers") and acting to do something helpful.
- Coordinating- working with and coordinating the activities of persons over whom the incumbent may have no direct authority; attention and energy are focused on bringing various activities together to meet timetable(s).
- Community/Public Relations - representing the organization to outsiders; participating in civic activities as the organization's representative, presenting the organization's position in difficult, issue-related areas and providing information to others/outside associations that enhances the organization's profile in the community.
- Conduct- demonstrating an acceptable standard of personal behavior in the work place.
Closing Date: Monday, May 27th, 2013