CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER
Glebe Fitness- Bank Street Ottawa, ON
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full Time, Day, Evening
SALARY: To be determined , ability to self schedule & determine client rates independent from facility
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Bank and Fifth (2 vacancies)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Primary responsibility is to develop high quality individualized workout programs for each individual client, aimed at the successful achievement of their identified health and fitness goals. Professionally work to promote personal training services & memberships within the club. Opportunity to teach group exercise classes or spin classes for additional compensation.
EDUCATION: Completion of high school, Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
CREDENTIALS (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.):
- First Aid Certificate, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate,
- Fitness Instructor Certificate
OTHER INFORMATION: Looking for highly motivated certified trainers who are interested in running their business within this well established facility. Trainers will be expected to pay rent each month with the ability to build their independent business, set their own client rates while self scheduling. Business is owner operated and the gym is well equipped with a main weight room area, a large studio, and small more private studio. 7,500 sq. ft. with treadmills, spin bikes, stationary equipment, squat and smith, dumbbells, etc. Further details can be discussed with potential candidates please inquire by means listed below.
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Certified as a Personal Trainer (CECEP, NSCA, ACE, CAN-FIT-PRO,...)
- Strong sales ability; entrepreneurial skills & experience obtaining clients as you will be responsible for securing and retaining clients.
- Fitness industry experience:
- Superior communication skills (verbal, written and electronic)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Client service experience
- Positive, energetic, engaging, and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible to work shifts according to needs of clients or class schedules (Early morning, evening, weekend etc.)
- Ability to work independently & motivate clients
EXPERIENCE: At least1 to 3 years experience, ability to teach spin class is an asset
LANGUAGE: Speak English, Read English, Write English, Other Languages considered an asset
CLIENT PROFILE: All ages, Adults, Seniors , Pre & Post Natal
WORK SETTING: Private club, Fitness centre, Dance Studios
ACTIVITY : Guiding & instructing individuals &, opportunities to teach group & spin classes
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques,
- Plan & facilitate training sessions or classes,
- Support clients with special needs,
- Follow & enforce safety procedures,
- Teach & promote healthy lifestyle information to clients
SAFTEY: Criminal record check required
TRANSPORTATION: Public transportation is available
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Oral communication, Interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Decision making, planning and organizing, Resourcefulness, Computer use, Continuous learning
Employer: Glebe Fitness Inc.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
Submit Resumes in Person during business hours, or reply to Kijiji Ad
Web Site: http://www.glebefitness.com/