GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting, Productive and Satisfying
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Worthing, ENGFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: wage, lunch breaks, training
Cons: shift pattern
Start-up of machinery and checks of paperwork. Start manufacturing and inspection of medicine filled glass vials. Pack products into crates ready for final packaging in a different department.
Learning about the demands for medicine and how to operate large machinery.
World of Innovation. Source of Motivation
National Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Jeddah H.OFebruary 3, 2014
The position provide a wonderful opportunity for me to meet challenge. It is a position where my interpersonal and organizational skills, and profesional experience on business development, have been put to very productive and successful use.

I prefer to work in a tempest of activity and embrace challenges where solutions and problem-solving are necessary. – more... Organization is vital when balancing multiple projects and demands, and the ability to organize well has made my experience in the Sales Department much more rewarding. Perhaps the greatest asset I gained is the ability to work with many personalities and groups of people. – less
great place to work!
Biopharmaceutical Product Sciences Scientist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 2, 2014
A great company to work for and great group of co-workers to interact with diverse backgrounds!
Fun Place
Investigator (Current Employee), Upper Providence, PAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: busy body culture
Freedom to do good work.

Hardest Part of Work: Jealousy
Management: Mediocre
Coworkers: Some good some very mediocre
Best job I ever had for 23 years!
Associate Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: excellent benefits
Spent the day cleaning and stocking of laboratory glassware, and the ordering of and supplying chemicals and specialized gases and common lab supplies.
Learned valuable teamwork and safety skills.
Worked closely with management.
Worked closely with coworkers and trained temp workers.
Spent a great deal of time doing labor intensive cleaning of glassware.
I – more... enjoyed going to work and contributing to the development of new drugs to help others. – less
A company that has strong ethical values
SAP/ Planning Executive (Current Employee), TuasJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: career growth and good exposure
Cons: have to remind constantly the importance of certain procedures
The most satisfying part of the job is successfully coordinating maintenance shutdown, and learning more about the business operations in the process.

Another scope which brings me career satisfaction is helping to manage the Engineering Store to ensure critical spare part availability for maintenance usage. The role requires working closely with the – more... Technical Services team, Procurement Department and external vendors. – less
A company that I stand behind
Senior Advisor - R&D Chief Regulatory Office (Current Employee), Upper Providence, PAJanuary 28, 2014
My experience at GSK has been amazing and more than I expected. The leadership team is very supportive and mission oriented. The corporate strategy and value system is one that sets a good example for the pharmaceutical industry and translates across business sectors.
Working at the entry level and growing with the organization
Regional Training Manager (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: lunch has to be earned
Cons: long hours made me rugged in the formative years
What I learned

I learned the foot steps into the pharmaceutical industry working with the No.1 Company in India and in the world.I could learn the basics of the job along with good product knowledge because of my flair for learning.I could learn to be a good team player and crisis management
Challenging work environment with great learning opportunities
Product Manager - Cosmetic Dermatology (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 28, 2014
Challenging work environment with great learning opportunities
Great Place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), Stevenage, ENGJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: very good working ethos
Cons: fixed term contract
This was a Great Place to work, sadly only for the 18 month Contract they could allow. Gave me a basis to work within a large team and on my own. It greatly advanced my organisational skills as I had several areas and key responsibilities that I had to maintain.
Testing raw material
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Nabha, PBJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 8 hour
Glaxo Smith Kline is a very good company.i was expand very good time in this company.
Productive and fun to work place with great staff.
First Line Manager, Manufacturing (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Manufactures products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow.
Great people and medicine but culture and incentive processes reward simulations, testing, physician surverys, and business unit profitability
Senior Executive Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great work colleagues
Cons: culture
2005 started the downward slide of GSK. Senior leadership was let go as a result of the tidal wave of lawsuits filed across the nation from state attorney generals. As a result of this litigation, that was signed in 2010/11 and resulted in a $3 Billion fine, GSK wiped out senior leadership and replaced the sales incentive system with a system of testing, – more... in the form of assessments in written and oral form. Essentially, replacing sales results for integrated rankings that are based on COTS, simulations, assessments, physician surveys and business unit profitability. – less
Great place to develop skills
laboratory technician (Former Employee), PRJanuary 21, 2014
make analytical test depending of project. we delinate plans to work im group. the hardest part was the short term to finish all the projects
some free time for sport during cycle meeting
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), EgyptJanuary 17, 2014
typical day at work,
1- write the requested at the end of the day depend on priority.
2- start with urgent, important etc.
3- time management to finish all requested at the end of the day.
------------------------------
I learned more like time management, be quit in the problems, like communication skills,
-----------------------------
i worked with – more... my co workers as one team to finish on time.
----------------------------
the hardest part of the job that require specific data in few mints.
----------------------------
the most enjoyable part of the job when we exceed and complete thing i think before it was impossible to finished.
---------------------------- – less
A productive workplace with great team work
Medical representative (Former Employee), Nairobi, KENYAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: gossip
My work entailed marketing and sales of pharmaceutical products. This involves talking to doctors and pharmacists about the advantages of your products and convincing them to recommend the product as a brand name to patients. I learned a lot of selling and marketing skills, how to negotiate and assertiveness when handling clients. I learnt mangerial – more... skills from my superiors through mentorship. We worked together as a team to achieve the budget set before us. The hardest part of the job is facing rejection from clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you convince the customers to give the best medication to the patient – less
Great company to work for (GSK)
(EDM) User Account Administrator (Former Employee), WareJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: working for gsk
Cons: was a short term contract
a typical day at work - start work at 9am, work withing Remedy dealing with user account requests for access to Electric documents, make sure all requests had been requested via the correct process, grant or deny access after investigation.

what you learned - I learnt how to use the remedy request system, how to grant different levels of access to – more... documents.

management - really nice people, very funny and looked after all staff

your co-workers - was only me and a lady working in the team at ware, got on with her really well and stayed in contact even after leaving GSK.

the hardest part of the job - was my first IT role so had to learn pretty much everything.

the most enjoyable part of the job - learning about the job – less
Beautiful place to work. Gym was the best. Benefits were great.
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2014
I learned to be the best that I could be. Going beyond my expectations to complete tasks. I learned a great deal about the Pharmaceutical Industry.Treating customers and coworkers with respect. Great company to work for.
Products are no doubt one of the best. Everything depends on the relation between you and your manager similar to other companies in market.
Medical Business Associate (Former Employee), Jamshedpur, JHJanuary 10, 2014
Co-workers are good, but sometimes manager(some) can abuse even if you work well, so you need to take that in positive, do not be emotional and always keep in contact with the seniors.
face of the industry
Medical business associate (Former Employee), TirupathiJanuary 10, 2014
Glaxo i can say is the face of the industry and i can say the person who once worked in glaxo can work anywhere

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos