GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Talented engineers
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK15 October 2013
The hardest and challenging part of the job was the changing of scope of work. I learned a lot in this company.
Productive, Happy, Most enjoyable working experience
Associate (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2013
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the best employers, great working conditions, Management and co workers. Busy days from start to finish but due to the flexible culture you never feel stressed. However wish there was the feeling of job security!
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of job security
Working with GSK was good expeirnce
QA Tester(Automation) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2013
Hardest part was when my script stops working at one extent, & enjoyable part was to find the solution and able to run my script properly.
Productive and challenges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2013
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, calls for overcharge on their invoice I dispatch to another employee. I learned to update customer profile and and deleting contact name. I process letters and certificates and mail to customers. I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, like sending certificate and it does not line up all the time. hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Pros
I received lunch voucher for working overtinme to complete a job
Cons
Long overtime to complete a job
One of the 50 top companies in Canada
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga29 August 2013
Its an outstanding company to work for

I would love to get full time but I was working through an agency
Pros
Very peaceful and flexible
Easy and quite internaltional work place
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2013
I had the opportunity to develop my technical knowledge, customer service and leadership knowledge
Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan12 August 2013
 Oversaw 10 sales executives throughout the sales process of pharmaceutical products.
 Lead and directed daily operations of sales department, coordinated business processes, determined competitive pricing, and ensured client satisfaction.
 Analyzed data, key performance indicators, and market trends to identify and optimized key performance drivers.
 Developed the regional forecast to ensure that all marketing and logistics efforts are coordinated.
 Represented company at meetings with government officials, media, and various organizations.
 Coordinated and planned health promotion activities in teaching hospitals and rural health centers.
• Facilitated representative training and skill development in brand plans of action, product knowledge, selling skills, relationship management skills and territory business planning.
 Developed and implemented plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in different teams.
 Negotiated various institutional contracts for government and private hospitals.
Pros
Creative & Competitive
Cons
Need further eduction to grow.
GlaxoSmithKline is a great compamy to work for
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2013
Working with GlaxoSmithKline has defiantly added the most experience to my resume . Everyday , I was learning something new .
work condition ok; people friendly
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2013
work condition ok; people friendly; work hard; lots of changes
productive
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2013
productive and hard work to do . I learned sops saps. hardest part was inspecting the products.
Glaxosmithkline Philippines overall rating excellent
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  philippines11 June 2013
Glaxosmithkline Philippines is an international company and has won Employer of the Year 2011. Over all the company has compassion for their people and provides empowerment to its employees. thus enabling the employees to do more, feel more and live longer.
benefits
Cons
longer work hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Marketing Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan7 June 2013
Working at GSK was always challenging and exciting. I gained lot of experience working with my superiors and peers. There were tough deadlines at times. Travelling was fun and the best part was to know about new medicines and healthcare
Pros
Gym in office
Cons
It was productive and very good learning in different areas of Manufacturing
Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2013
I enjoyed working in GlaxoSmithKline. I would like to work again if got chance.
Analytical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 March 2013
Great place to work. But it depends on the department you are in.
Pros
great pay
Cons
intense deadlines
Good work culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2013
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well.
Pros
annual barbecue was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
Good working culture.
The best part about working at Glaxo was the flexibility to start your day as early as 6 am. I had the days work lined-up the day before and got right to it soon as I got to work. The day would comprise of updating the training records for the employees and answering their queries, if any, about the same.

It helped me learn how to interact with different people and how to handle queries.

I also happened to work with the Drug Affairs department where I would file the adverse effects reports and deal with correspondence to physicians about orphan drugs. I also updated and filed product monographs. Archiving all the files was also my responsibility.

This job enhanced my skills of multi-tasking and also my organizational skills.

The co-workers in both the departments were very co-operative and it was a pleasure working with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with a lot of other employees and got to know about various other job profiles in the company.
Pros
the annual barbecue party was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
A company that cares about it's employees well being and future.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga. ON30 January 2013
A flexible place to work. Trusts it's employees and works to accommodate them where necessary.
Pros
on site gym
Cons
n/a
Great company, great team. A very collaborative and driven work environment.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On25 January 2013
Within the HR Service Centre (HRSC) I provided support in the implementation of In Country Shared Services, ACS, and other value added streams within the GSK Canada framework. I expanded my experience and knowledge within the HR division by leveraging developmental opportunities. As part of the HRSC I learned the value of team work and the productivity that comes from effectively leveraging each of our expertise.
Bonne qualité des produits finis
PRÉPOSÉ DE PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC19 January 2013
Journée de 12 heures (3-2-2-3), travail qui demande beaucoup de concentration pendant tout la journée. Oportunité de actualiser tous les concepts dans BPF.
Pros
service de cafeteria sur place
Cons
avis général de l'entreprise.
Opérateur/journalier/chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  québec10 December 2012
Ma journée typique est un quart de nuit de 12 heures avec une horaire de travail 3-2-2-3 (3 jours travail,2 congés ,2 travail,3 congés), mon poste est préposé de production/chef d'équipe.

Mes tâches sont: assuré de manière efficace la production et les rotation des préposés de production dans le quart de travail, remplir les dossier de production, aider tout les préposé dans leur tâches, effectuer les opération de production et d'entretiens ménager des locaux et des équipements de travail.

Je doit assurer une excellente collaboration entre les différents départements, production, assurance qualité, direction etc.

L'aspect le plus difficile est la précarité de mon emplois.

Les aspects les plus agréable est la responsabilité et la variété de mes tâches (production, entretiens, gestion, collaboration)
Pros
avantages sociaux, ambiance de travail, collaboration avec les autres
Cons
précarité d'emplois

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2