GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan12 August 2013
 Oversaw 10 sales executives throughout the sales process of pharmaceutical products.
 Lead and directed daily operations of sales department, coordinated business processes, determined competitive pricing, and ensured client satisfaction.
 Analyzed data, key performance indicators, and market trends to identify and optimized key performance drivers.
 Developed the regional forecast to ensure that all marketing and logistics efforts are coordinated.
 Represented company at meetings with government officials, media, and various organizations.
 Coordinated and planned health promotion activities in teaching hospitals and rural health centers.
• Facilitated representative training and skill development in brand plans of action, product knowledge, selling skills, relationship management skills and territory business planning.
 Developed and implemented plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in different teams.
 Negotiated various institutional contracts for government and private hospitals.
Pros
Creative & Competitive
Cons
Need further eduction to grow.
GlaxoSmithKline is a great compamy to work for
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2013
Working with GlaxoSmithKline has defiantly added the most experience to my resume . Everyday , I was learning something new .
work condition ok; people friendly
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2013
work condition ok; people friendly; work hard; lots of changes
productive
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2013
productive and hard work to do . I learned sops saps. hardest part was inspecting the products.
Glaxosmithkline Philippines overall rating excellent
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  philippines11 June 2013
Glaxosmithkline Philippines is an international company and has won Employer of the Year 2011. Over all the company has compassion for their people and provides empowerment to its employees. thus enabling the employees to do more, feel more and live longer.
benefits
Cons
longer work hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Marketing Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan7 June 2013
Working at GSK was always challenging and exciting. I gained lot of experience working with my superiors and peers. There were tough deadlines at times. Travelling was fun and the best part was to know about new medicines and healthcare
Pros
Gym in office
Cons
It was productive and very good learning in different areas of Manufacturing
Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2013
I enjoyed working in GlaxoSmithKline. I would like to work again if got chance.
Analytical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 March 2013
Great place to work. But it depends on the department you are in.
Pros
great pay
Cons
intense deadlines
Good work culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2013
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well.
Pros
annual barbecue was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
Good working culture.
The best part about working at Glaxo was the flexibility to start your day as early as 6 am. I had the days work lined-up the day before and got right to it soon as I got to work. The day would comprise of updating the training records for the employees and answering their queries, if any, about the same.

It helped me learn how to interact with different people and how to handle queries.

I also happened to work with the Drug Affairs department where I would file the adverse effects reports and deal with correspondence to physicians about orphan drugs. I also updated and filed product monographs. Archiving all the files was also my responsibility.

This job enhanced my skills of multi-tasking and also my organizational skills.

The co-workers in both the departments were very co-operative and it was a pleasure working with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with a lot of other employees and got to know about various other job profiles in the company.
Pros
the annual barbecue party was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
A company that cares about it's employees well being and future.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga. ON30 January 2013
A flexible place to work. Trusts it's employees and works to accommodate them where necessary.
Pros
on site gym
Cons
n/a
Great company, great team. A very collaborative and driven work environment.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On25 January 2013
Within the HR Service Centre (HRSC) I provided support in the implementation of In Country Shared Services, ACS, and other value added streams within the GSK Canada framework. I expanded my experience and knowledge within the HR division by leveraging developmental opportunities. As part of the HRSC I learned the value of team work and the productivity that comes from effectively leveraging each of our expertise.
good
Area Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  canada1 December 2012
Area Sales Supervisor, GlaxoSmithKline, Mt. Lavinia, Sri Lanka. 2002-2003

 Promoted from Marketing Representative.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets that needs to be achieved by the marketing representatives.

 Managed distributors in the assigned area.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets for the distributors in assigned area.

 Managed a professional team of 10 marketing representatives.
 Responsible for handling all the expenses of marketing representatives
good cafeteria, free high quality safty shoes
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2012
New culture, value of quality not production only and lots....
Pros
lots of free gift and good salary
Cons
less job security
Review
Operations Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2012
• Operated production equipment ensuring all machinery was maintained and in good order.
• Effectively managed multiple projects related to production and equipment.
• Operated Blister Primary UPS-4, Blister Secondary equipment, Foil Primary Seibler and Foil Primary UPS-3 proficiently.
• Performed a variety of packaging/process activities.
• Ensured 100% compliance to cGMP.
• Utilized IMS and SAP proficiently to complete tasks.
• Following and ensuring FDA requirements are met.
• Completed two day Lean Sigma Advocate training.
• Operated, maintained, and changed over process equipment.
• Recommended and led quality improvements and preventative measures.
• Experienced in high speed packaging, material handling and production activities.
Pros
highly skilled workers
Cons
vulnerable to market swings
I like the shift.
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2012
Getting calls and giving technical support by phone and onsite.

I update all my skills

I have good colleagues

The hardest is not have tool like remote desktop to bring the solution

When I found the solution and the customer said thanks for your service, because they are calling with stress and they don't have the aspiration to get the solutions but when they got It , they will call again and want to talk with me only. For me is completely in off to see my functional service.
Pros
pizza meet
Cons
work a lot and not get pause.
Productive day with amazing co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2012
everyay is interesting and stimulating
the best co-workers I have ever been privilidged to work with
Management is caring and knowledgeable
I learned alot about the business,safety,and Pharmecuetical equipment and processess
the hardest part of the job was to leave it at work because I enjoy my job so much there
The best part of the job was being treated like I matter by management
Pros
endless opportunities to grow
Cons
plant is located in mississauga
I learnt that with every escalated position I had to learn a new set of competencies. Challenges and competing yourself is a rael difficult task.
Manager Sales Excellence (Former Employee) –  Pakistan21 May 2012
In pharmacetical business I went through a dynamic process of compliance, ethics, values and behaviors. initially they seem difficult to adopt but sooner they become a part of daily life.
Positive and productive fun place to work in
Executive Assistant, Director - IT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2012
I have worked with GSK in 2006- 2007. I learned well from my Boss and was able to work with his busy schedule. I enjoyed the busy atmosphere and felt quiet challenged with all the other agents who worked through other agencies (contract staff).

Management was kind and very cooperative especially my immediate boss. I interacted with the accounts staff who were always willing to help when someone is new to the team.

The gym was an interesting place to unwind. The cafeteria was warm and enjoyable with its new and variety of interesting meals. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled and getting your boss on the next flight in the middle of the night. I enjoyed my job every day and never regret joining GSK, Mississauga.

Hope I can return back soon.
Pros
great canteen and food choices
About the job
Regional Sales Coordinator, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2012
This was my best job. I was there for 19 years and wished I could have retired here. I managed people and also was a hands on rep.Great company..
Pros
worked on my own as well as a team
Cons
sometimes forgotten by upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2