GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Scientist - Project Lead (Current Employee), LondonSeptember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part is doing something that ultimately will be improving the lives of consumers.
Lab Tech (Current Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Receive cross-training in different departments. The job tasks that I receive are challenging.
Friendly workplace
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Cambridge, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: no opportunity to progress career as a scientist
I have worked at the GSK Clinical Research Unit in Cambridge since the beginning of 2013. I have found my time at GSK to be generally positive.
Excellent place to start
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), AlgeriaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: low salary
I was responsible of the implementation of global engineering standards. I learned a lot from those standards.
The job had a very good work/life balance, excellent teamwork spirit.
Good company to work for
Formulation Scientist (Former Employee), WareSeptember 11, 2014
Hardworking group

Lots of potential to acquire new skills

Large organisation, cross-skilling potential
Productive, busy,
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay and great management.
Cons: temp postition
I love my job. We stay busy. Everyone gets along great and works as a team.
productivity and brand familiar
Medical communication Executive (Former Employee), KLSeptember 8, 2014
gsk the way of training given by gsk is gave melots of confidents to increase the business
At GSK Smith Kline
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Αθήνα, GRISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: daily communication with people from different countries and cultures
Cons: long hours
My daily responsible is to generate and maintain monthly reports with financial information and represent them to the management team and other departments.This made me to cooperating successfully with people from different backgrounds, coping under pressure whilst maintaining the ability for analytic and logical thinking.
The hardest part of my job – more... was to be member of the South Europe team of the SE ONE BI tool project since my responsibilities were:
1. Creating common standard reports to help business teams across South Europe in new SE BI reporting tool (Daily & Monthly sales report, Trade Control report, P&L, G2N, Trade agreement reports and other ad hoc reports)
2. Participation in the UAT testing process for evaluating the data
3. Deliver training to all SE BI tool users in Greece (almost sixty employees)
The most enjoyable part was the training of new system SAP because I can quick adapt in its environment – less
great company
Research and Development, Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Collegeville, PASeptember 2, 2014
GSK is great company to work. Very good pipeline and good performance on new drug development.
International Environment with very good atmosphere
Finance Transformation (Current Employee), Wavre, BelgiumSeptember 1, 2014
International Environment with very good atmosphere. GSK is one of the leading Company providing Vaccine solution to people around the world.
Great Place To Work
Technical Administrator/ Building Custodian (Former Employee), Montrose, SCTAugust 28, 2014
Pros: staff development
Challenging and fast
To be very flexible
Hands on Managers
Strong team workers
Very fast paced
Good workforce
high performing environment
Manager, Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: it sytems out of date
A typical day is high paced in an intensely focused atmosphere. Every team that I have worked on was high performing and driven to excellence. Throughout my 17 years at GlaxoSmithKline (formerly SmithKlineBeecham) I took advantage of the opportunities available and advanced my career.
real fun place and realy productiv
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), GPAugust 27, 2014
Pros: grate company to work for.
Cons: some managers with with there own agenders
Very productive when you work you work real hard and when we play we play hard. theres a real good balance work play and family.
Great company to work for; plenty training opportunities for various area in drug development; good employee benefit;
(1) Scientific Investigator in Product Development (Former Employee), Collegeville, PA 19426August 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: the company tends to lay off employees frequently based on business needs.
My working day was about half the time attending Program team meetings and half the time working in the lab. My major tasks are solving problems based on scientific data to support the needs of Program teams in a timely manners. The most important learning for me in GSK is to understand how my experimental results can help the other discovery groups – more... in verifying the efficacy, safety and developability of potential drug candidates in a timely manner. My managers are very supportive and generous in giving encouragement. My co-workers are excellent team players.

The hardest part of my job was trying to dissolve the poorly-soluble compounds at high doses. The most enjoyable part of my job was to solve the drug development problems and allow the potential drug candidate being moved further for Regulatory filing. – less
Project Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
no complaints, nothing out of the ordinary, this is a great company.
It was great experience working there
Logistics Specialist III (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: bad management protocal
It was a great experience, had many accomplishments
Very friendly environment,
Secretarial and representative
Secretary and Representative (Former Employee), Bryanston, GPAugust 25, 2014
As secretary:
Helped sales department and business unit managers with presentations on Power Point. Design and send out invitations to CME meetings for doctors. Loved working in the sales department and helping all managers with their daily diary and presentations.

As Sales Representative:
Call on GP's, pharmacies and specialist and present company – more... products. Arrange CME meetings and workshops for doctors, specialists and pharmacies. – less
Enjoyable working environment.
QC Chemist (Former Employee), GJAugust 24, 2014
I worked here for 5 years, this is most liked company for me to work, very good management.
Quality
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Cidra, PRAugust 24, 2014
Designated to the Solution Area and the Granulation Area, weighting and sifting
all the materials used for the manufacturing processes.
Responsible for the internal warehouse and accountable for requesting, transferring and reducing the material inventory
Productive and staying patient focused at all times
Service Operator (Contractor) (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 19, 2014
Staying patient focus is one of the main goals and I enjoy it.

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos