GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Scientific Investigator (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Excellent place to work, great benefits, lots of opportunities for growth. Nice friendly environment with good management. Inside cafeteria and gym.
no comments
eCommerce Manager/PMP (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 23, 2015
ecommerce manager has full responsibility for daily ecommerce operation support, business requirement, user acceptance testing and release management.
A great firm to work for
Various - see below (Former Employee), Speke, ENGJanuary 22, 2015
I really enjoyed my time a GSK. Unfortunately they closed down our site, but did give us three years notice.
Fast, intense environment to work in, ethical environment
Regional Investigations Director (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: travel 75%
Manage a staff of ten investigators, make assignments for conducting internal company investigations, individual contribution include conducting complex investigations of company policy, FDA laws/regulations/PDMA violations/HR investigations.
N.A.
Medical Communication Executive (Current Employee), Shiliguri, WBJanuary 21, 2015
A good organization to work for.
Some times you need to have a good life than a good job.
for that reason i want to change myself from this profession.
Sales Manager in GSK
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), DubaiJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: excellent salary
Cons: low work/life balance
5 years management experience
Developing people
Key account management.
KOL handling
Customer relationship management
career review
Independent & Corporate Account Manager - Indiana (Current Employee), IndianaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great products, great opportunities
this has been an excellent company to work for over the last 17 years. Ive had opportunities to expand and grow my career skills.
Administrative Assistant Marketing Area
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), RTP, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: temporary position before perm hired in 2003
Supported Directors in Marketing and a routine day would consist of updating calendars, coordinating travel and expenses.
Excellent co-workers and matrix partners
Hospital Account Manager (Current Employee), WV, Pa, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great manager and benefits.
Cons: job security had diminished.
Excellent company with alot of talent. Enjoyed my management team and colleagues. A very fulfilling career with diminishing return and job security.
good place to learn new skills
Medical Representative (Current Employee), lebanonJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: improve communication skills, patient oriented
Cons: waiting big time
- typical day: i make a plan for the day and the medical sales calls i will make, i go to the operating rooms ask about the anesthesists, and probe with them about the surgeries they have, detail recent articles about my products to be used on their patients and reemphasize on the benefits the patients and doctors can get from using the brand.
- i learned active listening, flexibility, decision making, patience and time management.
- co-workers have a good team spirit and together we form a productive team
- the hardest part is when unexpected things happen and I still have to manage my time and my day accordingly without missing on my objectives of the day.
-the most enjoyable part is that i improved my skills, i met new people from different backgrounds and mentalities and learned how to deal with each one of them.
Leading team at gsk
First Line Sales Manager (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJanuary 14, 2015
I am a First line manager at gsk, leading my team members to achieve the agreed Objectives by supporting them through coaching, developing people and councelling them.
Inspiring people and developing them and supporting them in their plan is really enjoyable and the most enjoyable thing is to see their development and progress that lead to achieve the company goals.
Committed to delivering pharmaceutical products that make a difference to patients.
Senior Development Sciences Director (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for GSK is knowing that you are doing something to improve the lives of patients. The hardest part is knowing how long it takes to develop a drug and trying to find ways to do it faster to help more patients.
REGULATORY MEDICAL WRITER (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 12, 2015
Allows you to grow and help the community. Companies policy is based on developing the community and which helps a lot to a developing country population
excellent
Temp role until March (Current Employee), Brentford, ENGJanuary 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working here, But I need a permanent job.

Most days I set up the meetings so that people can join using polycom (live meeting), if they are not in the building. I arrange meetings book rooms and take minutes from the management meetings. I then send out the actions.

I really like everyone I work with, they are very nice.

the hardest part of the role was not having any training, but it was good, I find it a challenge which I enjoyed.
Audit Director (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: cost-cutting focus
A lot of focus on development, but the company is focused on reducing the bottom line currently. As a result, they have been in the process of reducing the workforce and either moving resources to Asia or outsourcing functions over the past few years. Therefore, job security is lower and opportunities for advancement are lower than they used to be.
Great place to work but company is failing and there are many layoffs
Corporate & Hospital Account Manager (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great training in pharmaceutical sales and healthcare
Cons: layoffs
Great place to work but there are now many layoffs
I learned great selling skills and about overall healthcare landscape
The company is struggling with changes and strategic direction.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Somewhere, USAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits, work/life balance, pension
Cons: performance evaluation model, micromanagement, lack of direction, leadership
This company is struggling to measure sales performance under their new model which has resulted in poor morale, micromanagement and lead measures that aren't aligned to lag measures. Leadership is disconnected from reality. We have excellent products and great resources to share though and the job on a day to day basis with the customers is great and provides good work life balance. The company is looking to improve performance measures and is restructuring their workforce (downsizing).
Going through reorganization and alignment changes
Regional Director, Senior Care Division (Current Employee), Midwest RegionJanuary 5, 2015
Performance of GSK has been disappointing in 2014. Will be interesting to see how new changes impact performance in 2015.
Great company to work for!
Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of free food in smokers health hub!
Cons: right now gsk is on a hiring freeze and will not hire permanent employees
During my time here at GSK I was able to get some great experience working with the product development lifecycle.
Professional environment
Doc. Administrator and Tech.Writer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: telecommuting
I was an independent worker with no micro manager. I worked as a remote worker the last 5 years with GSK and crossed from US to UK support for the IT project managers in both locations.

I would definitely return to GSK if they need me again and I if am not working on another contract outside GSK.

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos