GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

checking mails
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2015
I always end up with mails and i learned alot..

I had enjoy alot
its ok
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2014
i don't like the work here because we wasn't happy i love the work like a team
Pros
good co workers
Cons
short hours
Professional environment that helped in gaining experience in Clinical Research
Research and Development Alliances Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2014
Daily tasks involved designing and developing a system for triaging and assessing opportunities for the GSK Canada Life Science Innovation fund and other collaborative opportunities. Assisting with developing a workflow to enable GSK to better manage incoming requests from third parties and partners. Collaborating on creating GSK’s R&D story and creating content to update our extranet web-presence. Organizing cross functional presentations for students.
good
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2014
good it was fun working there.

team work

cooperative

helping

strict gudelines
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2014
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Pros
Cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons
No Parking for Green vehicles (no charging stations available)
Productive work force with patients as the primary focus
Manager of DeskSide Services/ Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga24 June 2014
GSK is a great place to work with an excellent management team guiding and building the workforce, focused on change and the patient.

Knowing that I have contributed to making someone's life easier to live and work is a great motivator.
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 June 2014
GSK is a great place to work. The culture is very dynamic and offers a work environment that encourages people to develop and gain more skills.
Pros
In-house gym, flex hours, culture
Great learning experience
Medical Affairs (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2014
I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry
Gained experience of working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds (chemists, MDs, PhDs, etc)
routine work
Technicien de production (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC8 May 2014
some how very important task in a controled environement, salary was above average. the company was downsizing every year, never know if i would survive the downsizing
Good, friendly environment
Tech Team Member - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2014
On an average day, I would go into work and did the work that I was assigned to that day. From this job, I learned how to work computer programs such as SAP. The management system at this job was very open, and had a transparent policy, which led to employees feeling a lot more informed about the company, as well as more important. Co-workers were very friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was when sometimes the production lines would not run. This meant long shifts of inactivity. the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment. The lengths that GlaxoSmithKline went to ensure employee satisfaction were commendable.
Productive and great work enviornment
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2014
One of the best place I have ever worked. It was really nice work environment and co-workers were very supportive. Enjoyed each day at gsk!
GSK main focus will always be ''Patient First''. This company has great values and treat their employees with respect.
Chef d'équipe Comptes Recevables/Crédit (Current Employee) –  Laval,Québec7 March 2014
Supervise a team of 3 analyst
Run aging reports
Follow-up with the analyst on pending issues
Comply with organizational and departmental policies and procedures
Payment applications (Cheques, wire transfers and credit cards)
Release orders throughout the day pursuant to various credit holds
Document in E1 and WorkFlow system all accounts receivables activities
Address any customers issues or complaints
Assess the creditworthiness of our customers - new and existing; • Define the optimal conditions of settlement; • Perform collection calls Pull credit bureau report
Create a positive work environment

The hardest part of the job is telling a co-worker that you've been working with for many years,that their position will be transfer to the US within the next few months.

Be part of a team with a positive attitude, good communication skills and working towards the same objectives is definitely the part of my job that I enjoy the most.
Pros
Flexible hours...working from home..
Brilliant work place and great management
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Cork, C20 January 2014
Love working here, excellent job, good co workers, great mangement, very happy environment.
Fast paced environment, intelligent and friendly co-workers
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2014
Working at GSK gave me a solid background on GMP's as well as the regulations set in place by Health Canada and the FDA.

It was a challenging environment, constantly requiring you to prioritise your daily responsibilities to suite production needs.

The culture and the people that work at GSK are one of the main reasons why I loved working there. It is a very friendly environment with co-workers who are willing in to lend a helping hand.
Routine work as an Engineering contractor in the Engineering/Validation depts.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2014
As a full time contractor working for multiple customers at GSK at the same time was an exciting and rewarding experience.

I worked for the Engineering dept, Pilot Plant Technical directorate dept as well as the Validation dept. I learned how to manage multiple customer demands and how to manage my time efficiently in order to meet tight timelines and ensure the accuracy of my documents according to GSK and GMP standards.

My co-workers have been a pleasure to work with and what I consider the best/most enjoyable part of working at GSK. I was able to learn from their expertise and appreciated their ability to work well under pressure.

The hardest part about the job was the most recent uncertainty of the position and the lack of stability as a contractor and the lack of possibility for professional growth at the company.
Pros
Work/life balance.
Cons
No long term committment.
GSK is a good emoloyer
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2013
GlaxoSmithKline is a very good employer in the pharmaceutical industry, but the salary is some lower.
productive and fun
OPERATIONAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2013
good management
good people
family like environment
friendly
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very busy place and learning environment.
PHARMACEUTICAL TEAMS MEMBER (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA,CANADA.18 November 2013
Was a good learning experience in various drug dosage forms production and packaging.
Excellent coworkers.
Good team of professionals.
Pros
flexible shifts and hours
Cons
low income
Friendly work environment
Deskside IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2013
.Idea was a company providing IT services to GSK worldwide. It was a very friendly and fun workplace. Company shutdown and moved to Costa Rica.
Talented engineers
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK15 October 2013
The hardest and challenging part of the job was the changing of scope of work. I learned a lot in this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2