Pros: good working environment, flexible shift pattern
Cons: management were more reactive than proactive
Responsible for fixed plant on a daily basis. Very varied and busy role attending to maintenance and breakdowns.
• Ensure area specific equipment is maintained to agreed standard
• Ensure planned maintenance and unplanned work is completed to agreed timescales.
• Investigation and fault-finding activities carried out as required.
• Identify equipment – more... improvements and support continuous improvement activities.
• Use of SAP to report maintenance and breakdown activities.
• Ensure equipment complies with statutory regulations.
• Support manufacturing department to ensure equipment performs as required
• Ensure work orders and jobcards are completed within the specified time
• Take part in safety audits when applicable
• Sourcing alternative spare parts suppliers to reduce costs
Worked closely with other team members and have formed good out of work friendships with several work colleagues.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the variety, hardest part of the job was having to wait for spares to arrive on site in order to complete tasks (ordered of spares was sometimes out of my control due to management procedures). – less