GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Actively looking for new opportunities
Assistant/Support to Director (Former Employee), Wavre, WALDecember 23, 2014
Pros: group insurance, health insurance, launch vouchers
Cons: no flexibility
Open personality, eager to learrn.
Work hard to satisfy my management. Team spirit, enjoy working with colleagues.
Good organisational skills,
Widely trusted and focused.
Great People but continuous re-organizations and focus on perfomance management made for un-needed stress
Manager of Product Development (Former Employee), RTP, NCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits + pay are good
Cons: instability, stagnant management, too much governance/bureaucracy
I had a 15 year tenure with GSK. I was lucky to have enjoyed challenging technical assignments in Product Development RTP during this timeframe. Much has changed during this period with constant cost cutting and a do-more-with-less mentality from management. On top of this, a forced distribution was put in place for 2014 consideration of salary review – more... & bonus. While the increased focus on personal development was refreshing, I've never spent so much time discussing or justifying the performance of my line. Tens of hours were spent ranking staff, and people wonder why drugs are expensive....good grief.

I move on cherishing the connections made with long-standing colleagues and look forward to new opportunities. – less
Reference Resume
Field Sales and Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), RTP, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: work / flex time
Cons: career path limited
Provided comprehensive end user support for all data tracking tools used by 10,000 sales representatives. Trained clients on identifying key targets with high sales volume and market share trends. Utilized application proficiency to investigate missing retail and non-retail sales data.
productive
REGULATORY AFFAIR EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Worli, MumbaiDecember 19, 2014
I have learnt a lot in GlaxoSmithKline besides core regulatory profile I have additionally handled projects on labelling and variations which helped me to get acquianted with a new dimension of regulatory affairs.
I am responsible for driving sales at two separate integrated delivery health systems at Norton Healthcare and Ochsner.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR IDN HEALTH SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Louisville, KY and New Orleans, LADecember 18, 2014
Drive Sales through formulary placement
Hire top talent
Develop team members personally and professionaly
Lead through managed care opportunities
Lead through matrix management
Develop customer relations throghout the IDN network from c-suite level to prescriber level
Plan and allocate optimal use of resources
Very good culture where you can learn a lot
Country Manager GlaxoSmithKline-Oman (Former Employee), Muscat, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: ethical company, patient focus
Cons: pressure at work due to lake resources
Everyday you learn something due to the huge amount of business where you face more problems required every time to be creative to come up with solutions.
I am in continuous interaction with internal and external customers by which you have the opportunity to develop your communication and negotiation skills.
Everyday motivate people ,provide them with – more... the required support to do their work and meet the objectives,direct and inspire them.
I learn how to respect people ,be transparent and honest.
The team is working in a family atmosphere and have good relationship ,very cooperative people and have flexible thinking .

The hardest part is how to retain the talented people who have the passionate to progress in their career while few opportunities are available.Also how to meet your objectives in a very competitive environment . – less
Lean focus and quality oriented
Operational Excellence Engineer Intern (Former Employee), East Durham, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay/benefits. laid-back work schedule.
Cons: some difficulty with management
Good pay and incredible benefits (healthcare, etc. are some of the best available). Recent changes brought issues with management, particularly Operational Excellence department. Often saw my work with my (new) manager's name on it, and was never allowed to bring questions to anybody else. One newcomer in the right spot tainted what was otherwise an – more... incredible learning experience, and with excellent previous manager (still at the site, but different position.) – less
Big Pharma culture with a lot of moving pieces
Sr. Regional Director (Current Employee), National position based in New Orleans LADecember 14, 2014
The environment will allow you to grow professional while developing and improving your ability to manage change.
Good while it lasted
Investigator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 11, 2014
GSK was a great place to work but has decided to significantly downsize R&D in RTP. It was a great place to work with flexibility for staff and good opportunities for advancement. The people who worked for GSK in RTP were some of the best!
Great culture and supportive of career development
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia,PADecember 10, 2014
A great company to grow with professionally. The culture is motivating and rewarding. The job can be fun and very demanding at times.
GREAT FAMILY-OWNED COMPANY
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 10, 2014
Pros: taught me how to sell, great upper management
Cons: 100% commission, stress to reach goals
nice people to work for.

lots of cold calling, 100% commission,

great co-workers

gave me a great start in sales.
Very satisfied with account based selling
Account Based Senior Executive Sales Rep (Current Employee), South JerseyDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the relationships built with customers
Cons: taking the tests and simulations
Great drugs in Advair and Flovent. Loves selling in an account based environment. Called on Advocare in South Jersey for the last three years and developed outstanding rapport with the practices and staff based on understanding of the Advocare business model and how our products and resources could help Advocare reach their company goals while always – more... keeping the pateints first – less
Positive Environment
Regional Office Administrator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: best group i ever worked with.
Cons: can't think of any.
My current role in GSK as an ROA has been amazing. Worked with an Executive Director, whose leadership was caring, passionate, highly motivated to promote his team, trusting and lives the same values as myself, trustworthy and loyal to everyone he supported.
My Respiratory Care Educators (72 field based people) were the most passionate and caring people – more... I've ever met in my life. Their values were based on educating doctors to best assist the patients all over the country with disease management of their respiratory diseases, COPD and Asthma. It was a pleasure to support this team in any way. I was able to plan and attend National Meetings every year, along with smaller leadership meetings. I was made to feel an integral part of the team in every way.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes the processes for getting things done that required too many steps in what should have been a simple process. – less
Uncover needs with customers so I can bring value to benefit patients.
SENIOR EXECUTIVE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Louisville, KentuckyDecember 8, 2014
Pros: i am free to be me!
Cons: company is downsizing
Every work day is unique because every day is defined by customers' needs.

What have I learned? Attitude is everything!

Management? I am in charge of my world. As far as managers, every one has had an awesome relationship with me. Why? I am low maintenance!

Hardest part of the job? It's all an amazing adventure.

Most enjoyable? Making a difference – more... in the life of a patient I will never meet. – less
I HAVE LEARNE D THINGS THAT WILL HELP ME IN THE FUTURE
Compounder (Current Employee), Oak Hill, NYDecember 8, 2014
THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH ARE VERY HELPFUL THE MANAGEMENT IS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE ANYPROBLEMS WITH YOUR JOB OR COWORKERS
Great salary and benefits and work/life balance, but very unstable.
Scientist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 5, 2014
I have worked here 11 years and only the last 2 years or so it has been an uncomfortable place to work due to the constant layoffs. I have been extremely happy with the salary, benefits and work/life balance. Even with difficulties with supervisors, HR responded well and took care of the problem. It has just been an emotional roller coaster with the – more... constant changes and layoffs. Hopefully in the near future this company can be more stable. – less
Great opportunity to impact people's lives.
Senior Executive Sales Rep (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioDecember 4, 2014
Offered opportunities to make a difference in peoples lives with outstanding drugs for respiratory ailments. I called on doctors and detailed them on my products. I enjoyed the interface with doctors and their staff. My co-workers did their job at their pace and had little effect on me. The hardest part was taking monthly oral and written exams, lasting – more... 2 hours and needing to get 90% on each exam or you lost your job. The best part was working on my own and having an impact on changing patient's lives for the better. – less
Great corporation to grow as a professional
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee), Parsippany NJNovember 29, 2014
Pros: culture, management
Management has the knowledge and ability to grow you as a professional. Tremendous internship experience that gives you a great background and understanding of the companies culture.
Productive and fun workplace with smile faces
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Colombo,Sri LankaNovember 29, 2014
Pros: hapiness
Cons: any hours
Learned lot from management & co - workers.love to work with smiled faces.
World Class Training & Manufacturing - Irvine Ayrshire
manufacturing (Former Employee), Irvine, ScotlandNovember 26, 2014
I worked for 15 years at GSK in various roles. The training I received was world class and has helped me grow my career. The ethos of a good work life balance was demonstrated every day by senior managers. We went from a long hours culture to a culture of planned and balanced work. Most managers that I worked with were exceptionally good and have very – more... strong people skills. Most of my peers were also very skilled and committed to their jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the teams I was able to work with and the great things we achieved as a result. The hardest part was the tough goals and targets we had each year. GSK was very focussed on delivery of results but gave the resources and support needed.

They allowed me to work around the needs of my family and still have a demanding and satisfying job. – less

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos