GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
At GSK Smith Kline
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Αθήνα, GRISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: daily communication with people from different countries and cultures
Cons: long hours
My daily responsible is to generate and maintain monthly reports with financial information and represent them to the management team and other departments.This made me to cooperating successfully with people from different backgrounds, coping under pressure whilst maintaining the ability for analytic and logical thinking.
The hardest part of my job – more... was to be member of the South Europe team of the SE ONE BI tool project since my responsibilities were:
1. Creating common standard reports to help business teams across South Europe in new SE BI reporting tool (Daily & Monthly sales report, Trade Control report, P&L, G2N, Trade agreement reports and other ad hoc reports)
2. Participation in the UAT testing process for evaluating the data
3. Deliver training to all SE BI tool users in Greece (almost sixty employees)
The most enjoyable part was the training of new system SAP because I can quick adapt in its environment – less
great company
Research and Development, Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), Collegeville, PASeptember 2, 2014
GSK is great company to work. Very good pipeline and good performance on new drug development.
International Environment with very good atmosphere
Finance Transformation (Current Employee), Wavre, BelgiumSeptember 1, 2014
International Environment with very good atmosphere. GSK is one of the leading Company providing Vaccine solution to people around the world.
Great Place To Work
Technical Administrator/ Building Custodian (Former Employee), Montrose, SCTAugust 28, 2014
Pros: staff development
Challenging and fast
To be very flexible
Hands on Managers
Strong team workers
Very fast paced
Good workforce
high performing environment
Manager, Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: it sytems out of date
A typical day is high paced in an intensely focused atmosphere. Every team that I have worked on was high performing and driven to excellence. Throughout my 17 years at GlaxoSmithKline (formerly SmithKlineBeecham) I took advantage of the opportunities available and advanced my career.
real fun place and realy productiv
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), GPAugust 27, 2014
Pros: grate company to work for.
Cons: some managers with with there own agenders
Very productive when you work you work real hard and when we play we play hard. theres a real good balance work play and family.
Great company to work for; plenty training opportunities for various area in drug development; good employee benefit;
(1) Scientific Investigator in Product Development (Former Employee), Collegeville, PA 19426August 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: the company tends to lay off employees frequently based on business needs.
My working day was about half the time attending Program team meetings and half the time working in the lab. My major tasks are solving problems based on scientific data to support the needs of Program teams in a timely manners. The most important learning for me in GSK is to understand how my experimental results can help the other discovery groups – more... in verifying the efficacy, safety and developability of potential drug candidates in a timely manner. My managers are very supportive and generous in giving encouragement. My co-workers are excellent team players.

The hardest part of my job was trying to dissolve the poorly-soluble compounds at high doses. The most enjoyable part of my job was to solve the drug development problems and allow the potential drug candidate being moved further for Regulatory filing. – less
Project Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
no complaints, nothing out of the ordinary, this is a great company.
It was great experience working there
Logistics Specialist III (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: bad management protocal
It was a great experience, had many accomplishments
Very friendly environment,
Secretarial and representative
Secretary and Representative (Former Employee), Bryanston, GPAugust 25, 2014
As secretary:
Helped sales department and business unit managers with presentations on Power Point. Design and send out invitations to CME meetings for doctors. Loved working in the sales department and helping all managers with their daily diary and presentations.

As Sales Representative:
Call on GP's, pharmacies and specialist and present company – more... products. Arrange CME meetings and workshops for doctors, specialists and pharmacies. – less
Enjoyable working environment.
QC Chemist (Former Employee), GJAugust 24, 2014
I worked here for 5 years, this is most liked company for me to work, very good management.
Quality
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Cidra, PRAugust 24, 2014
Designated to the Solution Area and the Granulation Area, weighting and sifting
all the materials used for the manufacturing processes.
Responsible for the internal warehouse and accountable for requesting, transferring and reducing the material inventory
Productive and staying patient focused at all times
Service Operator (Contractor) (Current Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 19, 2014
Staying patient focus is one of the main goals and I enjoy it.
Great laboratory setting with plenty of instrumentation to gain experience
Bench Chemist II (Former Employee), Zebulon, NCAugust 14, 2014
Every week the Bench Chemist was given projects with specific tests and due dates that corresponded to respective SOP's. The main duties included HPLC testing for Assay/Impurities as well as Basket/Paddle Dissolution. Once a project was finished it was checked by the Senior Chemist and another project was assigned. Other testing included: GC, Hardness, – more... Dispersion, TLC, acid/base titration and LOD. – less
Fun and exciting place to work with a solid pipeline
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lots of support from team members
Cons: i was part of a contract sales force
I sold products for depression, allergy and asthma for a year and the reputation of the products and the company helped me to secure some amazing relationships that I still have today with key providers in my territory.
Interesting and Friendly Places to work
Stability Lab Analyst (Current Employee), Barnard Castle, ENGAugust 11, 2014
Pros: interesting work, good pay
Cons: challenging at times
Working at GlaxoSmithKline I have learned so much about the job and also the prospects the career holds. I work with friendly and passionate people that know their field inside out and work tirelessly to provide the best standard for the patients using the company's products.

The job is challenging which at times is hard and trying, but worth it for – more... the sense of achievement you get when you overcome obstacles.

I have learned so much at this position already and would suggest this company to anyone looking for a challenging, rewarding experience in the pharmaceutical arena. – less
Multinational Pharmaceutical Company with strong culture
Product Specialist (Former Employee), PakistanAugust 10, 2014
Pros: strong culture
Cons: long hours
A Multinational Pharmaceutical Company with strong culture to learn new skills to satisfy the customers.
Very good Company to work for
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at the company was hectic, busy, and fast paced. Management was always there to help with problems that may come up. The best part was the people that I worked with.
Lab Study Manager (external) (Current Employee), Rixensart, BelgiumAugust 7, 2014
I arrive in the morning, I do my part of the job, I discuss with colleagues to improve my work, learn more and try to help with assistance or idea (new, original,...)
Excellent products, poor management
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great products, flexibility
Cons: micromanages, little ability to think for one's self
GSK makes great products that really do improve people's lives, but being a sales representative is becoming more and more difficult. Much of what a representative does and supposed to do is now dictated by upper management through their analysis of data, with no regard for local knowledge. They require representatives to see physicians that are impossible – more... to gain access to. – less

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos