GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Canada

good
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2014
good it was fun working there.

team work

cooperative

helping

strict gudelines
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Pros
cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons
no parking for green vehicles (no charging stations available)
Productive work force with patients as the primary focus
Manager of DeskSide Services/ Release Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 24, 2014
GSK is a great place to work with an excellent management team guiding and building the workforce, focused on change and the patient.

Knowing that I have contributed to making someone's life easier to live and work is a great motivator.
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 23, 2014
GSK is a great place to work. The culture is very dynamic and offers a work environment that encourages people to develop and gain more skills.
Pros
in-house gym, flex hours, culture
Great learning experience
Medical Affairs (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 21, 2014
I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry
Gained experience of working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds (chemists, MDs, PhDs, etc)
routine work
Technicien de production (Former Employee) –  Québec, QCMay 8, 2014
some how very important task in a controled environement, salary was above average. the company was downsizing every year, never know if i would survive the downsizing
Good, friendly environment
Tech Team Member - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
On an average day, I would go into work and did the work that I was assigned to that day. From this job, I learned how to work computer programs such as SAP. The management system at this job was very open, and had a transparent policy, which led to employees feeling a lot more informed about the company, as well as more important. Co-workers were very friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was when sometimes the production lines would not run. This meant long shifts of inactivity. the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment. The lengths that GlaxoSmithKline went to ensure employee satisfaction were commendable.
Productive and great work enviornment
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2014
One of the best place I have ever worked. It was really nice work environment and co-workers were very supportive. Enjoyed each day at gsk!
GSK main focus will always be ''Patient First''. This company has great values and treat their employees with respect.
Chef d'équipe Comptes Recevables/Crédit (Current Employee) –  Laval,QuébecMarch 7, 2014
Supervise a team of 3 analyst
Run aging reports
Follow-up with the analyst on pending issues
Comply with organizational and departmental policies and procedures
Payment applications (Cheques, wire transfers and credit cards)
Release orders throughout the day pursuant to various credit holds
Document in E1 and WorkFlow system all accounts receivables activities
Address any customers issues or complaints
Assess the creditworthiness of our customers - new and existing; • Define the optimal conditions of settlement; • Perform collection calls Pull credit bureau report
Create a positive work environment

The hardest part of the job is telling a co-worker that you've been working with for many years,that their position will be transfer to the US within the next few months.

Be part of a team with a positive attitude, good communication skills and working towards the same objectives is definitely the part of my job that I enjoy the most.
Pros
flexible hours...working from home..
Brilliant work place and great management
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Cork, CJanuary 20, 2014
Love working here, excellent job, good co workers, great mangement, very happy environment.
Fast paced environment, intelligent and friendly co-workers
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Working at GSK gave me a solid background on GMP's as well as the regulations set in place by Health Canada and the FDA.

It was a challenging environment, constantly requiring you to prioritise your daily responsibilities to suite production needs.

The culture and the people that work at GSK are one of the main reasons why I loved working there. It is a very friendly environment with co-workers who are willing in to lend a helping hand.
Routine work as an Engineering contractor in the Engineering/Validation depts.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 8, 2014
As a full time contractor working for multiple customers at GSK at the same time was an exciting and rewarding experience.

I worked for the Engineering dept, Pilot Plant Technical directorate dept as well as the Validation dept. I learned how to manage multiple customer demands and how to manage my time efficiently in order to meet tight timelines and ensure the accuracy of my documents according to GSK and GMP standards.

My co-workers have been a pleasure to work with and what I consider the best/most enjoyable part of working at GSK. I was able to learn from their expertise and appreciated their ability to work well under pressure.

The hardest part about the job was the most recent uncertainty of the position and the lack of stability as a contractor and the lack of possibility for professional growth at the company.
Pros
work/life balance.
Cons
no long term committment.
GSK is a good emoloyer
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 23, 2013
GlaxoSmithKline is a very good employer in the pharmaceutical industry, but the salary is some lower.
productive and fun
OPERATIONAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
good management
good people
family like environment
friendly
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very busy place and learning environment.
PHARMACEUTICAL TEAMS MEMBER (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA,CANADA.November 18, 2013
Was a good learning experience in various drug dosage forms production and packaging.
Excellent coworkers.
Good team of professionals.
Pros
flexible shifts and hours
Cons
low income
Friendly work environment
Deskside IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 19, 2013
.Idea was a company providing IT services to GSK worldwide. It was a very friendly and fun workplace. Company shutdown and moved to Costa Rica.
Talented engineers
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKOctober 15, 2013
The hardest and challenging part of the job was the changing of scope of work. I learned a lot in this company.
Productive, Happy, Most enjoyable working experience
Associate (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2013
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the best employers, great working conditions, Management and co workers. Busy days from start to finish but due to the flexible culture you never feel stressed. However wish there was the feeling of job security!
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
lack of job security
Working with GSK was good expeirnce
QA Tester(Automation) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Hardest part was when my script stops working at one extent, & enjoyable part was to find the solution and able to run my script properly.
Productive and challenges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, calls for overcharge on their invoice I dispatch to another employee. I learned to update customer profile and and deleting contact name. I process letters and certificates and mail to customers. I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, like sending certificate and it does not line up all the time. hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Pros
i received lunch voucher for working overtinme to complete a job
Cons
long overtime to complete a job

4.2