GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2015
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
Pros
Gym, great benefits
Cons
Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
amazing
Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2015
amazing place to work with talented employees and great support for the people who work there. amazing benefits, gym on site, subsidized lunch, bonuses. work challenging and meaningful.
for years this was a great place to work
currently : engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2015
So many dedicated professional and happy people to work with over the years. The business and the landscape have changed. The expectations for total dedication and employee loyalty are one sided. Resistance is futile.
Pros
a great open and respectful culture
Cons
business changes
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2015
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Pros
Global network, full technical support
Cons
Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 June 2015
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons
No worklife balance
First day at work
Marketing Promoter (Current Employee) –  Kingston 1928 May 2015
learned how to set up the tents, bunting, banner was really awesome and creative in promoting our company products at the venue. my manager was really helpful with teaching me how to operate on the job. my co-workers are like family. we are willing to help each other along with other promotional companies. the hardest part of the job is when the patrons at the event want to come over our tent and we have to be baring them off. The most enjoyable part of the job is always creating new way to promote the product.
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work!
Clinical Trials Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2015
Great place to work, talented colleagues, room for advancement, great work like balance and also facilities are great as well!
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons
Heavy workload at times
checking mails
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2015
I always end up with mails and i learned alot..

I had enjoy alot
its ok
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2014
i don't like the work here because we wasn't happy i love the work like a team
Pros
good co workers
Cons
short hours
Professional environment that helped in gaining experience in Clinical Research
Research and Development Alliances Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2014
Daily tasks involved designing and developing a system for triaging and assessing opportunities for the GSK Canada Life Science Innovation fund and other collaborative opportunities. Assisting with developing a workflow to enable GSK to better manage incoming requests from third parties and partners. Collaborating on creating GSK’s R&D story and creating content to update our extranet web-presence. Organizing cross functional presentations for students.
good
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2014
good it was fun working there.

team work

cooperative

helping

strict gudelines
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2014
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Pros
Cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons
No Parking for Green vehicles (no charging stations available)
Productive work force with patients as the primary focus
Manager of DeskSide Services/ Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga24 June 2014
GSK is a great place to work with an excellent management team guiding and building the workforce, focused on change and the patient.

Knowing that I have contributed to making someone's life easier to live and work is a great motivator.
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 June 2014
GSK is a great place to work. The culture is very dynamic and offers a work environment that encourages people to develop and gain more skills.
Pros
In-house gym, flex hours, culture
Great learning experience
Medical Affairs (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2014
I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry
Gained experience of working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds (chemists, MDs, PhDs, etc)
routine work
Technicien de production (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC8 May 2014
some how very important task in a controled environement, salary was above average. the company was downsizing every year, never know if i would survive the downsizing
Good, friendly environment
Tech Team Member - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2014
On an average day, I would go into work and did the work that I was assigned to that day. From this job, I learned how to work computer programs such as SAP. The management system at this job was very open, and had a transparent policy, which led to employees feeling a lot more informed about the company, as well as more important. Co-workers were very friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was when sometimes the production lines would not run. This meant long shifts of inactivity. the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment. The lengths that GlaxoSmithKline went to ensure employee satisfaction were commendable.
Productive and great work enviornment
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2014
One of the best place I have ever worked. It was really nice work environment and co-workers were very supportive. Enjoyed each day at gsk!
GSK main focus will always be ''Patient First''. This company has great values and treat their employees with respect.
Chef d'équipe Comptes Recevables/Crédit (Current Employee) –  Laval,Québec7 March 2014
Supervise a team of 3 analyst
Run aging reports
Follow-up with the analyst on pending issues
Comply with organizational and departmental policies and procedures
Payment applications (Cheques, wire transfers and credit cards)
Release orders throughout the day pursuant to various credit holds
Document in E1 and WorkFlow system all accounts receivables activities
Address any customers issues or complaints
Assess the creditworthiness of our customers - new and existing; • Define the optimal conditions of settlement; • Perform collection calls Pull credit bureau report
Create a positive work environment

The hardest part of the job is telling a co-worker that you've been working with for many years,that their position will be transfer to the US within the next few months.

Be part of a team with a positive attitude, good communication skills and working towards the same objectives is definitely the part of my job that I enjoy the most.
Pros
Flexible hours...working from home..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2