GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Good work culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2013
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well.
Pros
annual barbecue was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
Routine work as an Engineering contractor in the Engineering/Validation depts.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2014
As a full time contractor working for multiple customers at GSK at the same time was an exciting and rewarding experience.

I worked for the Engineering dept, Pilot Plant Technical directorate dept as well as the Validation dept. I learned how to manage multiple customer demands and how to manage my time efficiently in order to meet tight timelines and ensure the accuracy of my documents according to GSK and GMP standards.

My co-workers have been a pleasure to work with and what I consider the best/most enjoyable part of working at GSK. I was able to learn from their expertise and appreciated their ability to work well under pressure.

The hardest part about the job was the most recent uncertainty of the position and the lack of stability as a contractor and the lack of possibility for professional growth at the company.
Pros
Work/life balance.
Cons
No long term committment.
Good, friendly environment
Tech Team Member - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2014
On an average day, I would go into work and did the work that I was assigned to that day. From this job, I learned how to work computer programs such as SAP. The management system at this job was very open, and had a transparent policy, which led to employees feeling a lot more informed about the company, as well as more important. Co-workers were very friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was when sometimes the production lines would not run. This meant long shifts of inactivity. the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment. The lengths that GlaxoSmithKline went to ensure employee satisfaction were commendable.
Fast paced environment, intelligent and friendly co-workers
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2014
Working at GSK gave me a solid background on GMP's as well as the regulations set in place by Health Canada and the FDA.

It was a challenging environment, constantly requiring you to prioritise your daily responsibilities to suite production needs.

The culture and the people that work at GSK are one of the main reasons why I loved working there. It is a very friendly environment with co-workers who are willing in to lend a helping hand.
Productive day with amazing co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2012
everyay is interesting and stimulating
the best co-workers I have ever been privilidged to work with
Management is caring and knowledgeable
I learned alot about the business,safety,and Pharmecuetical equipment and processess
the hardest part of the job was to leave it at work because I enjoy my job so much there
The best part of the job was being treated like I matter by management
Pros
endless opportunities to grow
Cons
plant is located in mississauga
Très agréable... bonne ambiance
Technicien de laboratoire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 November 2015
J'ai y reviendrais.
Un bon endroit, le problème c'est rester.... il faut faire la file... si tu veux rester c'est en commençant à cero
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2015
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Pros
Global network, full technical support
Cons
Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
Great place to work!
Clinical Trials Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2015
Great place to work, talented colleagues, room for advancement, great work like balance and also facilities are great as well!
Productive work force with patients as the primary focus
Manager of DeskSide Services/ Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga24 June 2014
GSK is a great place to work with an excellent management team guiding and building the workforce, focused on change and the patient.

Knowing that I have contributed to making someone's life easier to live and work is a great motivator.
Glaxosmithkline Philippines overall rating excellent
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  philippines11 June 2013
Glaxosmithkline Philippines is an international company and has won Employer of the Year 2011. Over all the company has compassion for their people and provides empowerment to its employees. thus enabling the employees to do more, feel more and live longer.
benefits
Cons
longer work hours
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 June 2014
GSK is a great place to work. The culture is very dynamic and offers a work environment that encourages people to develop and gain more skills.
Pros
In-house gym, flex hours, culture
Awesome benefits, great location, talented professional co-workers, great facilities, excellent salaries, good room for growth, top industry bonuses,
Project Data Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2012
Great atmosphere to work in
flexible schedule
consistent workload
great people to work with
Pros
great benefits for employees
Cons
n/a
The most enjoyable part of the job
Marketing Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan7 June 2013
Working at GSK was always challenging and exciting. I gained lot of experience working with my superiors and peers. There were tough deadlines at times. Travelling was fun and the best part was to know about new medicines and healthcare
Pros
Gym in office
Productive and challenges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2013
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, calls for overcharge on their invoice I dispatch to another employee. I learned to update customer profile and and deleting contact name. I process letters and certificates and mail to customers. I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, like sending certificate and it does not line up all the time. hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Pros
I received lunch voucher for working overtinme to complete a job
Cons
Long overtime to complete a job
Review
Operations Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2012
• Operated production equipment ensuring all machinery was maintained and in good order.
• Effectively managed multiple projects related to production and equipment.
• Operated Blister Primary UPS-4, Blister Secondary equipment, Foil Primary Seibler and Foil Primary UPS-3 proficiently.
• Performed a variety of packaging/process activities.
• Ensured 100% compliance to cGMP.
• Utilized IMS and SAP proficiently to complete tasks.
• Following and ensuring FDA requirements are met.
• Completed two day Lean Sigma Advocate training.
• Operated, maintained, and changed over process equipment.
• Recommended and led quality improvements and preventative measures.
• Experienced in high speed packaging, material handling and production activities.
Pros
highly skilled workers
Cons
vulnerable to market swings
routine work
Technicien de production (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC8 May 2014
some how very important task in a controled environement, salary was above average. the company was downsizing every year, never know if i would survive the downsizing
About the job
Regional Sales Coordinator, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2012
This was my best job. I was there for 19 years and wished I could have retired here. I managed people and also was a hands on rep.Great company..
Pros
worked on my own as well as a team
Cons
sometimes forgotten by upper management
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2014
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Pros
Cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons
No Parking for Green vehicles (no charging stations available)
Professional environment that helped in gaining experience in Clinical Research
Research and Development Alliances Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2014
Daily tasks involved designing and developing a system for triaging and assessing opportunities for the GSK Canada Life Science Innovation fund and other collaborative opportunities. Assisting with developing a workflow to enable GSK to better manage incoming requests from third parties and partners. Collaborating on creating GSK’s R&D story and creating content to update our extranet web-presence. Organizing cross functional presentations for students.
Good working culture.
The best part about working at Glaxo was the flexibility to start your day as early as 6 am. I had the days work lined-up the day before and got right to it soon as I got to work. The day would comprise of updating the training records for the employees and answering their queries, if any, about the same.

It helped me learn how to interact with different people and how to handle queries.

I also happened to work with the Drug Affairs department where I would file the adverse effects reports and deal with correspondence to physicians about orphan drugs. I also updated and filed product monographs. Archiving all the files was also my responsibility.

This job enhanced my skills of multi-tasking and also my organizational skills.

The co-workers in both the departments were very co-operative and it was a pleasure working with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with a lot of other employees and got to know about various other job profiles in the company.
Pros
the annual barbecue party was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.

4.2