GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy and quite internaltional work place
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2013
I had the opportunity to develop my technical knowledge, customer service and leadership knowledge
Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), PakistanAugust 12, 2013
Pros: creative & competitive
Cons: need further eduction to grow.
 Oversaw 10 sales executives throughout the sales process of pharmaceutical products.
 Lead and directed daily operations of sales department, coordinated business processes, determined competitive pricing, and ensured client satisfaction.
 Analyzed data, key performance indicators, and market trends to identify and optimized key performance drivers.
 – more... Developed the regional forecast to ensure that all marketing and logistics efforts are coordinated.
 Represented company at meetings with government officials, media, and various organizations.
 Coordinated and planned health promotion activities in teaching hospitals and rural health centers.
• Facilitated representative training and skill development in brand plans of action, product knowledge, selling skills, relationship management skills and territory business planning.
 Developed and implemented plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in different teams.
 Negotiated various institutional contracts for government and private hospitals. – less
GlaxoSmithKline is a great compamy to work for
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2013
Working with GlaxoSmithKline has defiantly added the most experience to my resume . Everyday , I was learning something new .
work condition ok; people friendly
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2013
work condition ok; people friendly; work hard; lots of changes
productive
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 14, 2013
productive and hard work to do . I learned sops saps. hardest part was inspecting the products.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Marketing Support Manager (Former Employee), PakistanJune 7, 2013
Pros: gym in office
Cons: long hours
Working at GSK was always challenging and exciting. I gained lot of experience working with my superiors and peers. There were tough deadlines at times. Travelling was fun and the best part was to know about new medicines and healthcare
Analytical Scientist (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: intense deadlines
Great place to work. But it depends on the department you are in.
Good work culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: annual barbecue was fun.
Cons: nothing to list.
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. – more... Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well. – less
Good working culture.
Pros: the annual barbecue party was fun.
Cons: nothing to list.
The best part about working at Glaxo was the flexibility to start your day as early as 6 am. I had the days work lined-up the day before and got right to it soon as I got to work. The day would comprise of updating the training records for the employees and answering their queries, if any, about the same.

It helped me learn how to interact with different – more... people and how to handle queries.

I also happened to work with the Drug Affairs department where I would file the adverse effects reports and deal with correspondence to physicians about orphan drugs. I also updated and filed product monographs. Archiving all the files was also my responsibility.

This job enhanced my skills of multi-tasking and also my organizational skills.

The co-workers in both the departments were very co-operative and it was a pleasure working with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with a lot of other employees and got to know about various other job profiles in the company. – less
A company that cares about it's employees well being and future.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga. ONJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: n/a
A flexible place to work. Trusts it's employees and works to accommodate them where necessary.
Great company, great team. A very collaborative and driven work environment.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJanuary 25, 2013
Within the HR Service Centre (HRSC) I provided support in the implementation of In Country Shared Services, ACS, and other value added streams within the GSK Canada framework. I expanded my experience and knowledge within the HR division by leveraging developmental opportunities. As part of the HRSC I learned the value of team work and the productivity – more... that comes from effectively leveraging each of our expertise. – less
good
Area Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), canadaDecember 1, 2012
Area Sales Supervisor, GlaxoSmithKline, Mt. Lavinia, Sri Lanka. 2002-2003

 Promoted from Marketing Representative.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets that needs to be achieved by the marketing representatives.

 Managed distributors in the assigned area.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets for the distributors in assigned area.

– more... Managed a professional team of 10 marketing representatives.
 Responsible for handling all the expenses of marketing representatives – less
good cafeteria, free high quality safty shoes
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: lots of free gift and good salary
Cons: less job security
New culture, value of quality not production only and lots....
Review
Operations Technologist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: highly skilled workers
Cons: vulnerable to market swings
• Operated production equipment ensuring all machinery was maintained and in good order.
• Effectively managed multiple projects related to production and equipment.
• Operated Blister Primary UPS-4, Blister Secondary equipment, Foil Primary Seibler and Foil Primary UPS-3 proficiently.
• Performed a variety of packaging/process activities.
• Ensured – more... 100% compliance to cGMP.
• Utilized IMS and SAP proficiently to complete tasks.
• Following and ensuring FDA requirements are met.
• Completed two day Lean Sigma Advocate training.
• Operated, maintained, and changed over process equipment.
• Recommended and led quality improvements and preventative measures.
• Experienced in high speed packaging, material handling and production activities. – less
Productive day with amazing co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: endless opportunities to grow
Cons: plant is located in mississauga
everyay is interesting and stimulating
the best co-workers I have ever been privilidged to work with
Management is caring and knowledgeable
I learned alot about the business,safety,and Pharmecuetical equipment and processess
the hardest part of the job was to leave it at work because I enjoy my job so much there
The best part of the job was being treated – more... like I matter by management – less
Positive and productive fun place to work in
Executive Assistant, Director - IT (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: great canteen and food choices
I have worked with GSK in 2006- 2007. I learned well from my Boss and was able to work with his busy schedule. I enjoyed the busy atmosphere and felt quiet challenged with all the other agents who worked through other agencies (contract staff).

Management was kind and very cooperative especially my immediate boss. I interacted with the accounts staff – more... who were always willing to help when someone is new to the team.

The gym was an interesting place to unwind. The cafeteria was warm and enjoyable with its new and variety of interesting meals. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled and getting your boss on the next flight in the middle of the night. I enjoyed my job every day and never regret joining GSK, Mississauga.

Hope I can return back soon. – less
About the job
Regional Sales Coordinator, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: worked on my own as well as a team
Cons: sometimes forgotten by upper management
This was my best job. I was there for 19 years and wished I could have retired here. I managed people and also was a hands on rep.Great company..
Awesome benefits, great location, talented professional co-workers, great facilities, excellent salaries, good room for growth, top industry bonuses,
Project Data Specialist (contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits for employees
Cons: n/a
Great atmosphere to work in
flexible schedule
consistent workload
great people to work with
Top notch corporate culture
Commercial Data Management (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 12, 2012
Pros: amazing cafeteria, gym membership included while working for gsk
Cons: building was cold at times.
Very professional work environment, team oriented atmosphere, extremely friendly and knowledgeable employees willing to help new employees understand the industry.
I am responsible for driving sales at two separate integrated delivery health systems at Norton Healthcare and Ochsner.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR IDN HEALTH SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Louisville, KY and New Orleans, LADecember 18, 2014
Drive Sales through formulary placement
Hire top talent
Develop team members personally and professionaly
Lead through managed care opportunities
Lead through matrix management
Develop customer relations throghout the IDN network from c-suite level to prescriber level
Plan and allocate optimal use of resources

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos