GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 95 reviews matching the search
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
productive work
bindary worker (Former Employee) –  mississauga on26 April 2016
Did bindary word there only part time work
worked along with only two people
I enjoyed my work
I like routine work
nice building to work in very quiet
Pros
none
Cons
none
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
wow
préposé technique (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC25 April 2016
bel endroit, bel ambiance, beaux objectifs, belle dynamique
Pros
café gratuit
Cons
horraire qui n'est pas à l'année pour les préposés
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Environnement agréable et propice a évolution personnelle
Chef Excellence operationnelle (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC19 February 2016
Une bonne partie de ma journée est assignée aux rencontre de gouvernances et a la résolution des problèmes opérationnels.

Je suis membre de l`équipe de Direction et je suis en matriciel avec les 800 employés du site par mon rôle de Chef Excellence Opérationnelle.

Via des benchmark interne ( nous avons plus de 100 usines) je suis responsable de la vigie et implantation des meilleures pratiques.

J`ai 6 experts qui travaillent pour moi a déployer les meilleures pratiques afin de rencontrer les objectifs du site.
Pros
Gym, Open Space Office, Cafeteria, bonne ambiance de travail
Cons
La biotechnologies nous amènent souvent des mauvaises surprises...
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
The most enjoyable part of the job
Territory Specialist, Respiratory Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
Working with exceptionally talented and fun colleagues was a highlight. In sales, no two days are the same which adds to the charm of the job and keeps you on your toes. I have had a great time working on the company's biggest product portfolio and helping patients get access to the latest medicines available.
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 3Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good company to work for
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
Great place to work, good atmosphere. Great co-workers and management was awesome. Was very well trained on the daily tasks that were needed to perform my job.
Pros
close to home and loved my job
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
One of the Best employers in Canada
Supply Manager - External Supply SABD Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2016
Dynamic organization offering good opportunities for any career advancement. Provide a balance of work and life.
Challenging environment and supportive colleagues
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Extrêment dure
Représentante service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 January 2016
Nous devions toujours y être 30 min d'avance, et droit à notre poste, le social avec les collègues n'était pas bien vu.

À travailler sous pression sans arrêt

J'ai eu la chance de rencontré des personnes/collègues formidable

Le management était très strict, la vie professionnel et la famille ne fonctionnait pas très bien.

Aspect le plus difficile est d'avoir à travailler sous constante pression, avec jugement si je ne mettais pas d'heures supplémentaires ou si mes enfants étaient malade.

Aspect agréable, d'avoir connu de gens formidable et cela m'a permis de mieux connaitre le monde pharmaceutique.
Pros
Trajet de transports court
Cons
Les heures supplémentaires et la pression intense. et la manager
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 4Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Challenging fast paced job
Pharmaceutical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2015
Added great experience in a different manner
I discovered other skills in myself that was never revealed before
which added a different experience to my career
Fast paced job of which I was recognized for on the first day at work
I was able to to build great relations with all colleges, supervisor and manager through great communication skills I learned through different stages of my career
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
safe work place follows the EHS.
Pack Management manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 December 2015
I would like to work in such type of company if a chance is provided here in Canada. this is world wide renowned company with more than 97000 employees world wide
Pros
Free launch, Decent working environment
Cons
Long hours duty
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Très agréable... bonne ambiance
Technicien de laboratoire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 November 2015
J'ai y reviendrais.
Un bon endroit, le problème c'est rester.... il faut faire la file... si tu veux rester c'est en commençant à cero
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2015
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
Pros
Gym, great benefits
Cons
Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
amazing
Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2015
amazing place to work with talented employees and great support for the people who work there. amazing benefits, gym on site, subsidized lunch, bonuses. work challenging and meaningful.
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Préposé à la stérilisation
Préposé à la stérilisation (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC15 October 2015
Très bon emploi, bonne dynamique!

Emploi saisonnier et horaire variable sur deux semaines.
Pros
Très bon avantages sociaux
Cons
Emploi saisonnier
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
for years this was a great place to work
currently : engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2015
So many dedicated professional and happy people to work with over the years. The business and the landscape have changed. The expectations for total dedication and employee loyalty are one sided. Resistance is futile.
Pros
a great open and respectful culture
Cons
business changes
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 4Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2015
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Pros
Global network, full technical support
Cons
Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
Was this review helpful?Yes 6NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Travaillez chez GlaxoSmithKline
Technicienne en conditionnement de vaccin (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 September 2015
Formation a l'interne payé.
Salaire avantageux.
Belle conditions de travail.
Assurance collective payer par l'employeur.
Possibilité de carrière et ce partout dans le monde.

Très très belle entreprise ou il fait bon d'y travailler.
Le seul points négatif est que les poste son permanent saisonnier, donc il y as toujours un temps de chommage dans l'année.
Pros
Cafétéria, Gym.
Cons
Poste permanent saisonnier
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 June 2015
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons
No worklife balance
Was this review helpful?Yes 25No 4Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
First day at work
Marketing Promoter (Current Employee) –  Kingston 1928 May 2015
learned how to set up the tents, bunting, banner was really awesome and creative in promoting our company products at the venue. my manager was really helpful with teaching me how to operate on the job. my co-workers are like family. we are willing to help each other along with other promotional companies. the hardest part of the job is when the patrons at the event want to come over our tent and we have to be baring them off. The most enjoyable part of the job is always creating new way to promote the product.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great place to work!
Clinical Trials Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2015
Great place to work, talented colleagues, room for advancement, great work like balance and also facilities are great as well!
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 6Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons
Heavy workload at times
Was this review helpful?Yes 6No 2Report
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.2
Based on 2,383 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
4.0
Salary/Benefits
4.1
Job Security/Advancement
3.6
Management
3.8
Culture
4.0