GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice people very cooperative, fun work balance
Packaging Operator/Process Technician (Former Employee), Manila, P00May 22, 2013
work balance, my knowledge in manufacturing operation basically in packaging operation, management is very cooperative in employees, every time is enjoyble in my work place
Analytical Scientist (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: intense deadlines
Great place to work. But it depends on the department you are in.
Good work culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: annual barbecue was fun.
Cons: nothing to list.
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. – more... Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well. – less
Good working culture.
Pros: the annual barbecue party was fun.
Cons: nothing to list.
The best part about working at Glaxo was the flexibility to start your day as early as 6 am. I had the days work lined-up the day before and got right to it soon as I got to work. The day would comprise of updating the training records for the employees and answering their queries, if any, about the same.

It helped me learn how to interact with different – more... people and how to handle queries.

I also happened to work with the Drug Affairs department where I would file the adverse effects reports and deal with correspondence to physicians about orphan drugs. I also updated and filed product monographs. Archiving all the files was also my responsibility.

This job enhanced my skills of multi-tasking and also my organizational skills.

The co-workers in both the departments were very co-operative and it was a pleasure working with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with a lot of other employees and got to know about various other job profiles in the company. – less
A company that cares about it's employees well being and future.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga. ONJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: n/a
A flexible place to work. Trusts it's employees and works to accommodate them where necessary.
Great company, great team. A very collaborative and driven work environment.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJanuary 25, 2013
Within the HR Service Centre (HRSC) I provided support in the implementation of In Country Shared Services, ACS, and other value added streams within the GSK Canada framework. I expanded my experience and knowledge within the HR division by leveraging developmental opportunities. As part of the HRSC I learned the value of team work and the productivity – more... that comes from effectively leveraging each of our expertise. – less
Productive, challenging and a learning environment with great encouragment from the colleagues and the seniors in the organization
Medical Business Associate, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 16, 2012
The job required me to meet doctors and other professionals in the healthcare industry promoting and selling the portfolio of products of our decision.
Had the responsibility of a particular territory within the city of Mumbai and the ales and productivity of every product within the territory
I learned to develop a structured and systematic approach – more... towards any task in hand and work in close association with your colleagues and managers to complete the given task successfully
The most difficult part of the job was to tackle the aspect of diversity among the various customers (doctors) of the drugs I was promoting and understanding their needs and requirements with respect to a particular drug. It was however even the most enjoyable part as it kept me pro active and challenged me everyday helping me make really innovative and important decisions which shaped me as a successful employee of the organization – less
good
Area Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), canadaDecember 1, 2012
Area Sales Supervisor, GlaxoSmithKline, Mt. Lavinia, Sri Lanka. 2002-2003

 Promoted from Marketing Representative.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets that needs to be achieved by the marketing representatives.

 Managed distributors in the assigned area.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets for the distributors in assigned area.

– more... Managed a professional team of 10 marketing representatives.
 Responsible for handling all the expenses of marketing representatives – less
good cafeteria, free high quality safty shoes
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: lots of free gift and good salary
Cons: less job security
New culture, value of quality not production only and lots....
great company
Supply Manager (Former Employee), rouen, franceAugust 22, 2012
i enjoyed working there
team planner
management
supply chain
Review
Operations Technologist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: highly skilled workers
Cons: vulnerable to market swings
• Operated production equipment ensuring all machinery was maintained and in good order.
• Effectively managed multiple projects related to production and equipment.
• Operated Blister Primary UPS-4, Blister Secondary equipment, Foil Primary Seibler and Foil Primary UPS-3 proficiently.
• Performed a variety of packaging/process activities.
• Ensured – more... 100% compliance to cGMP.
• Utilized IMS and SAP proficiently to complete tasks.
• Following and ensuring FDA requirements are met.
• Completed two day Lean Sigma Advocate training.
• Operated, maintained, and changed over process equipment.
• Recommended and led quality improvements and preventative measures.
• Experienced in high speed packaging, material handling and production activities. – less
Productive day with amazing co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: endless opportunities to grow
Cons: plant is located in mississauga
everyay is interesting and stimulating
the best co-workers I have ever been privilidged to work with
Management is caring and knowledgeable
I learned alot about the business,safety,and Pharmecuetical equipment and processess
the hardest part of the job was to leave it at work because I enjoy my job so much there
The best part of the job was being treated – more... like I matter by management – less
Positive and productive fun place to work in
Executive Assistant, Director - IT (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: great canteen and food choices
I have worked with GSK in 2006- 2007. I learned well from my Boss and was able to work with his busy schedule. I enjoyed the busy atmosphere and felt quiet challenged with all the other agents who worked through other agencies (contract staff).

Management was kind and very cooperative especially my immediate boss. I interacted with the accounts staff – more... who were always willing to help when someone is new to the team.

The gym was an interesting place to unwind. The cafeteria was warm and enjoyable with its new and variety of interesting meals. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled and getting your boss on the next flight in the middle of the night. I enjoyed my job every day and never regret joining GSK, Mississauga.

Hope I can return back soon. – less
About the job
Regional Sales Coordinator, Atlantic Canada (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 1, 2012
Pros: worked on my own as well as a team
Cons: sometimes forgotten by upper management
This was my best job. I was there for 19 years and wished I could have retired here. I managed people and also was a hands on rep.Great company..
Awesome benefits, great location, talented professional co-workers, great facilities, excellent salaries, good room for growth, top industry bonuses,
Project Data Specialist (contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits for employees
Cons: n/a
Great atmosphere to work in
flexible schedule
consistent workload
great people to work with
Fun, fast paced environment
Warehouse Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, colleagues
Cons: promotions from within
Challenging yet rewarding atmosphere. Great place to work with festive colleagues.
A great place to work
SALES REPRESENTAVE (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJuly 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare, car, cellular, gas, lunch, toll, commissions, great salary
Cons: my clients route was too long and far away from home
A typical day at work was visit clients and take their orders, remove expired products from gondolas and show new products.

The managers and co-workers were very intelligent and know what they need to do to reach goals. They accept me so fast in their team and we were like a family.

The hardest part of the job was the largest route that I had.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was closing months with excellent results in my route. – less
Untapped Potential
FT Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, easy location, strong brands to work on
Cons: poor management, lack of work/life balance
Pittsburgh Office Review

- management is sparse, not focused on development
- managers do not receive the training and coaching necessary to be good managers themselves
- many people are working in roles that they were moved to during last restructure - with limited support and limited training for these new roles
- culture is low energy, not engaged – more... and employees are not motivated to deliver results with pride/urgency
- another restructure is possible and people are nervous as a result – less
Great Workplace
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 9, 2014
* biopharm processing
* media prep lead
* troubleshooting processes
* manage personnel development of multiple people
* young work force which is fun
* up and coming industry
Amazing place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Research triangle Park, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: contract position
This was sort of a call center environment but really not just that. We assisted healthcare providers with product questions and sample requests. As well as consumers with product usage questions, possible financial assistance information.
Among other things.
My co-workers and I got along great. This was truly a company where everyone help each other – more... and you could safely ask aquestion without judgement.
The managers were some of the best managers that I have ever had – less

About GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

GlaxoSmithKline Photos