GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Good company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
GSK is a good company with good pay, generous benefits including a subsidized cafeteria, good work life balance programs, fitness centre onsite, comfortable work area.

Too much change continues to happen so it feels like a very unstable environment for managers and employees.
Benefits
Cons
Unstable environment
Good company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Good company with lots of benefits including good pay, cafeteria, fitness centre, generous benefits, generous vacation policy, ability to work from home. Lots of downsizing. More focus on systems than people.
Pros
Fitness centre
Cons
Never a stable environment
Gsk
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2016
Was a very good place to work, good people , salary , many opportunity to learn something new , attend courses, management was very good, helping and motivated to work better and smarter
Pros
good place to work
Cons
let people go
Fun Workplace
Quality Control Chemist in QC Incoming Materials (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Great company to work, friendly environment, management is great, promotes job work/life balance. Safety comes first for everyone.
Great Environment, Great People
Systems Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga16 February 2017
Amazing Experience working with Great Management.
Supportive Staff, Great Cafe and on site gym.
Awesome work Culture.
Flexible work environment.
Can't think of any cons.
Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2015
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
Pros
Gym, great benefits
Cons
Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
amazing
Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2015
amazing place to work with talented employees and great support for the people who work there. amazing benefits, gym on site, subsidized lunch, bonuses. work challenging and meaningful.
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 June 2015
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons
No worklife balance
Demanding and highly dynamic work environment
General Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 April 2016
Fairly typical, home office, sales role. You can make your own hours but expectations to perform are high. Sales management is very good, but overall GSK leadership is mediocre. Sales representatives are no longer based on sales, but on more subjective "good sales rep behaviors".
Fun workplace with fitness centre
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2016
Very nice and friendly Environment with very well security and management. Make products to make the world healthy and better place to live.
Glaxosmithkline Philippines overall rating excellent
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  philippines11 June 2013
Glaxosmithkline Philippines is an international company and has won Employer of the Year 2011. Over all the company has compassion for their people and provides empowerment to its employees. thus enabling the employees to do more, feel more and live longer.
benefits
Cons
longer work hours
good cafeteria, free high quality safty shoes
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2012
New culture, value of quality not production only and lots....
Pros
lots of free gift and good salary
Cons
less job security
Awesome benefits, great location, talented professional co-workers, great facilities, excellent salaries, good room for growth, top industry bonuses,
Project Data Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2012
Great atmosphere to work in
flexible schedule
consistent workload
great people to work with
Pros
great benefits for employees
Cons
n/a
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons
Heavy workload at times
Challenging fast paced job
Pharmaceutical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2015
Added great experience in a different manner
I discovered other skills in myself that was never revealed before
which added a different experience to my career
Fast paced job of which I was recognized for on the first day at work
I was able to to build great relations with all colleges, supervisor and manager through great communication skills I learned through different stages of my career
routine work
Technicien de production (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC8 May 2014
some how very important task in a controled environement, salary was above average. the company was downsizing every year, never know if i would survive the downsizing
First day at work
Marketing Promoter (Current Employee) –  Kingston 1928 May 2015
learned how to set up the tents, bunting, banner was really awesome and creative in promoting our company products at the venue. my manager was really helpful with teaching me how to operate on the job. my co-workers are like family. we are willing to help each other along with other promotional companies. the hardest part of the job is when the patrons at the event want to come over our tent and we have to be baring them off. The most enjoyable part of the job is always creating new way to promote the product.
Pros
free lunches
One of the Best employers in Canada
Supply Manager - External Supply SABD Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2016
Dynamic organization offering good opportunities for any career advancement. Provide a balance of work and life.
Challenging environment and supportive colleagues
productive work
bindary worker (Former Employee) –  mississauga on26 April 2016
Did bindary word there only part time work
worked along with only two people
I enjoyed my work
I like routine work
nice building to work in very quiet
GSK is a good emoloyer
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2013
GlaxoSmithKline is a very good employer in the pharmaceutical industry, but the salary is some lower.

4.2