GlaxoSmithKline

1.1K reviews

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PakistanAugust 12, 2013
 Oversaw 10 sales executives throughout the sales process of pharmaceutical products.
 Lead and directed daily operations of sales department, coordinated business processes, determined competitive pricing, and ensured client satisfaction.
 Analyzed data, key performance indicators, and market trends to identify and optimized key performance drivers.
 Developed the regional forecast to ensure that all marketing and logistics efforts are coordinated.
 Represented company at meetings with government officials, media, and various organizations.
 Coordinated and planned health promotion activities in teaching hospitals and rural health centers.
• Facilitated representative training and skill development in brand plans of action, product knowledge, selling skills, relationship management skills and territory business planning.
 Developed and implemented plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in different teams.
 Negotiated various institutional contracts for government and private hospitals.
Pros
creative & competitive
Cons
need further eduction to grow.
GSK main focus will always be ''Patient First''. This company has great values and treat their employees with respect.
Chef d'équipe Comptes Recevables/Crédit (Current Employee) –  Laval,QuébecMarch 7, 2014
Supervise a team of 3 analyst
Run aging reports
Follow-up with the analyst on pending issues
Comply with organizational and departmental policies and procedures
Payment applications (Cheques, wire transfers and credit cards)
Release orders throughout the day pursuant to various credit holds
Document in E1 and WorkFlow system all accounts receivables activities
Address any customers issues or complaints
Assess the creditworthiness of our customers - new and existing; • Define the optimal conditions of settlement; • Perform collection calls Pull credit bureau report
Create a positive work environment

The hardest part of the job is telling a co-worker that you've been working with for many years,that their position will be transfer to the US within the next few months.

Be part of a team with a positive attitude, good communication skills and working towards the same objectives is definitely the part of my job that I enjoy the most.
Pros
flexible hours...working from home..
Good working culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
The best part about working at Glaxo was the flexibility to start your day as early as 6 am. I had the days work lined-up the day before and got right to it soon as I got to work. The day would comprise of updating the training records for the employees and answering their queries, if any, about the same.

It helped me learn how to interact with different people and how to handle queries.

I also happened to work with the Drug Affairs department where I would file the adverse effects reports and deal with correspondence to physicians about orphan drugs. I also updated and filed product monographs. Archiving all the files was also my responsibility.

This job enhanced my skills of multi-tasking and also my organizational skills.

The co-workers in both the departments were very co-operative and it was a pleasure working with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to interact with a lot of other employees and got to know about various other job profiles in the company.
Pros
the annual barbecue party was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
Routine work as an Engineering contractor in the Engineering/Validation depts.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 8, 2014
As a full time contractor working for multiple customers at GSK at the same time was an exciting and rewarding experience.

I worked for the Engineering dept, Pilot Plant Technical directorate dept as well as the Validation dept. I learned how to manage multiple customer demands and how to manage my time efficiently in order to meet tight timelines and ensure the accuracy of my documents according to GSK and GMP standards.

My co-workers have been a pleasure to work with and what I consider the best/most enjoyable part of working at GSK. I was able to learn from their expertise and appreciated their ability to work well under pressure.

The hardest part about the job was the most recent uncertainty of the position and the lack of stability as a contractor and the lack of possibility for professional growth at the company.
Pros
work/life balance.
Cons
no long term committment.
Productive and challenges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Typical day at work, take customers call requesting for their certificate and add it to my to do list, calls for overcharge on their invoice I dispatch to another employee. I learned to update customer profile and and deleting contact name. I process letters and certificates and mail to customers. I am a perfectionist and I learned that is not everything I can be perfect in, like sending certificate and it does not line up all the time. hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Pros
i received lunch voucher for working overtinme to complete a job
Cons
long overtime to complete a job
Positive and productive fun place to work in
Executive Assistant, Director - IT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2012
I have worked with GSK in 2006- 2007. I learned well from my Boss and was able to work with his busy schedule. I enjoyed the busy atmosphere and felt quiet challenged with all the other agents who worked through other agencies (contract staff).

Management was kind and very cooperative especially my immediate boss. I interacted with the accounts staff who were always willing to help when someone is new to the team.

The gym was an interesting place to unwind. The cafeteria was warm and enjoyable with its new and variety of interesting meals. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled and getting your boss on the next flight in the middle of the night. I enjoyed my job every day and never regret joining GSK, Mississauga.

Hope I can return back soon.
Pros
great canteen and food choices
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons
Heavy workload at times
Review
Operations Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
• Operated production equipment ensuring all machinery was maintained and in good order.
• Effectively managed multiple projects related to production and equipment.
• Operated Blister Primary UPS-4, Blister Secondary equipment, Foil Primary Seibler and Foil Primary UPS-3 proficiently.
• Performed a variety of packaging/process activities.
• Ensured 100% compliance to cGMP.
• Utilized IMS and SAP proficiently to complete tasks.
• Following and ensuring FDA requirements are met.
• Completed two day Lean Sigma Advocate training.
• Operated, maintained, and changed over process equipment.
• Recommended and led quality improvements and preventative measures.
• Experienced in high speed packaging, material handling and production activities.
Pros
highly skilled workers
Cons
vulnerable to market swings
Good work culture.
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well.
Pros
annual barbecue was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Pros
cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons
no parking for green vehicles (no charging stations available)
Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
Pros
Gym, great benefits
Cons
Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
Professional environment that helped in gaining experience in Clinical Research
Research and Development Alliances Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 18, 2014
Daily tasks involved designing and developing a system for triaging and assessing opportunities for the GSK Canada Life Science Innovation fund and other collaborative opportunities. Assisting with developing a workflow to enable GSK to better manage incoming requests from third parties and partners. Collaborating on creating GSK’s R&D story and creating content to update our extranet web-presence. Organizing cross functional presentations for students.
Great company, great team. A very collaborative and driven work environment.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnJanuary 25, 2013
Within the HR Service Centre (HRSC) I provided support in the implementation of In Country Shared Services, ACS, and other value added streams within the GSK Canada framework. I expanded my experience and knowledge within the HR division by leveraging developmental opportunities. As part of the HRSC I learned the value of team work and the productivity that comes from effectively leveraging each of our expertise.
Productive day with amazing co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
everyay is interesting and stimulating
the best co-workers I have ever been privilidged to work with
Management is caring and knowledgeable
I learned alot about the business,safety,and Pharmecuetical equipment and processess
the hardest part of the job was to leave it at work because I enjoy my job so much there
The best part of the job was being treated like I matter by management
Pros
endless opportunities to grow
Cons
plant is located in mississauga
good
Area Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  canadaDecember 1, 2012
Area Sales Supervisor, GlaxoSmithKline, Mt. Lavinia, Sri Lanka. 2002-2003

 Promoted from Marketing Representative.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets that needs to be achieved by the marketing representatives.

 Managed distributors in the assigned area.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets for the distributors in assigned area.

 Managed a professional team of 10 marketing representatives.
 Responsible for handling all the expenses of marketing representatives
Challenging fast paced job
Pharmaceutical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2015
Added great experience in a different manner
I discovered other skills in myself that was never revealed before
which added a different experience to my career
Fast paced job of which I was recognized for on the first day at work
I was able to to build great relations with all colleges, supervisor and manager through great communication skills I learned through different stages of my career
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2015
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Pros
Global network, full technical support
Cons
Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
The most enjoyable part of the job
Territory Specialist, Respiratory Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working with exceptionally talented and fun colleagues was a highlight. In sales, no two days are the same which adds to the charm of the job and keeps you on your toes. I have had a great time working on the company's biggest product portfolio and helping patients get access to the latest medicines available.
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJune 16, 2015
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons
No worklife balance
Productive, Happy, Most enjoyable working experience
Associate (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2013
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the best employers, great working conditions, Management and co workers. Busy days from start to finish but due to the flexible culture you never feel stressed. However wish there was the feeling of job security!
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
lack of job security