GlaxoSmithKline

1.1K reviews

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job
Territory Specialist, Respiratory Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working with exceptionally talented and fun colleagues was a highlight. In sales, no two days are the same which adds to the charm of the job and keeps you on your toes. I have had a great time working on the company's biggest product portfolio and helping patients get access to the latest medicines available.
Good company to work for
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: close to home and loved my job
Great place to work, good atmosphere. Great co-workers and management was awesome. Was very well trained on the daily tasks that were needed to perform my job.
One of the Best employers in Canada
Supply Manager - External Supply SABD Team (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Dynamic organization offering good opportunities for any career advancement. Provide a balance of work and life.
Challenging environment and supportive colleagues
Challenging fast paced job
Pharmaceutical Packaging (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2015
Added great experience in a different manner
I discovered other skills in myself that was never revealed before
which added a different experience to my career
Fast paced job of which I was recognized for on the first day at work
I was able to to build great relations with all colleges, supervisor and manager through great communication skills I learned through different stages of my career
safe work place follows the EHS.
Pack Management manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free launch, Decent working environment
Cons: Long hours duty
I would like to work in such type of company if a chance is provided here in Canada. this is world wide renowned company with more than 97000 employees world wide
Très agréable... bonne ambiance
Technicien de laboratoire (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 26, 2015
J'ai y reviendrais.
Un bon endroit, le problème c'est rester.... il faut faire la file... si tu veux rester c'est en commençant à cero
Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Gym, great benefits
Cons: Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
amazing
Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing Decision Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 25, 2015
amazing place to work with talented employees and great support for the people who work there. amazing benefits, gym on site, subsidized lunch, bonuses. work challenging and meaningful.
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: Global network, full technical support
Cons: Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons: No worklife balance
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Great place to work!
Clinical Trials Project Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2015
Great place to work, talented colleagues, room for advancement, great work like balance and also facilities are great as well!
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons: Heavy workload at times
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
checking mails
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
I always end up with mails and i learned alot..

I had enjoy alot
Professional environment that helped in gaining experience in Clinical Research
Research and Development Alliances Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 18, 2014
Daily tasks involved designing and developing a system for triaging and assessing opportunities for the GSK Canada Life Science Innovation fund and other collaborative opportunities. Assisting with developing a workflow to enable GSK to better manage incoming requests from third parties and partners. Collaborating on creating GSK’s R&D story and creating content to update our extranet web-presence. Organizing cross functional presentations for students.
good
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2014
good it was fun working there.

team work

cooperative

helping

strict gudelines
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons: no parking for green vehicles (no charging stations available)
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Productive work force with patients as the primary focus
Manager of DeskSide Services/ Release Manager (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 24, 2014
GSK is a great place to work with an excellent management team guiding and building the workforce, focused on change and the patient.

Knowing that I have contributed to making someone's life easier to live and work is a great motivator.
Great learning experience
Medical Affairs (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 21, 2014
I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry
Gained experience of working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds (chemists, MDs, PhDs, etc)
routine work
Technicien de production (Former Employee), Québec, QCMay 8, 2014
some how very important task in a controled environement, salary was above average. the company was downsizing every year, never know if i would survive the downsizing
Good, friendly environment
Tech Team Member - Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
On an average day, I would go into work and did the work that I was assigned to that day. From this job, I learned how to work computer programs such as SAP. The management system at this job was very open, and had a transparent policy, which led to employees feeling a lot more informed about the company, as well as more important. Co-workers were very friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was when sometimes the production lines would not run. This meant long shifts of inactivity. the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment. The lengths that GlaxoSmithKline went to ensure employee satisfaction were commendable.
Headquarters