GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

overall good environmnet to work
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
working environment is good .Staff and coworkers are well mannered and good .good management to work . people respect culture and values and got good corporate culture.
Highly compliant and ethical company
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
I feel fulfilled working with GlaxoSmithKline. The extent of training on the job is excellent. Quality and Compliance culture is very high. I love working with Glaxo.
worked on daily basis
Technical Support Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2017
Working in GSK through an agency was over all good Team members were cooperative .Line leaders were supportive in all the lines such as topical liquid line one and two solid dose members were very helpful and friendly.
Beating as one heart
Senior Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Egypt11 September 2017
The best pharmaceutical company with its unique products that help people to do more, feel better , live longer .with its crew who start together , work together and succeed together
Pros
Strong company, great products
Cons
stress
Agréable
Spécialiste assurance qualité (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC6 September 2017
J'adore cette entreprise (GSK),c'est une entreprise qui respecte les employés.
Motivating, productive
Production Supervisor and technition (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC15 August 2017
Well planed. Very motivating. Good relationship between employee and manager. High standard.clear vision and orientation. Positive Values, Relaxed and Productive Atmosphere, Cooperation, Support and Empowerment, Compassion, Respect and Understanding.
Pros
Good advantage package
Cons
Physically difficult
Good workplace
packaging (Current Employee) –  Mississauga7 August 2017
I have been working in GSK for few years now and I found this company very interesting to work in. You get to learn a lot and the workers are very respectful towards everyone around be it a temporary worker or someone from management. They treat everyone the same. However, there is less growth within the company (not impossible) and Work-life balance is a little shaky.
All in all, I would recommend this company for anyone with diverse skills and willingness to learn everyday!
Pros
Positive and cheerful atmosphere
Cons
NO or Slow growth
Productive and Friendly work environment
Processing/ Manufacturing/ Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Overall I learned a lot from GSK as I was new to canadian culture when I joined with GSK.
Management is supportive in all aspects.
Hardest part of the job was the time when we are given targets. of course we could able to finish the assigned work before dead lines with proper planing and time management.
Our team itself is great strength to me and i enjoyed working with my Sr.Scientists following their guidance performing the assigned tasks within the time.
Pros
Free Hand
Cons
Some times tired (As I worked 1 year in 12 hour continental shift)
excellent work culture
Database Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
Glaxo was one of the companies that I always want to work with. I had a great work and life balance and it always provide a great learning environment
Environnement de travail agréable
Commis aux comptes Fournisseurs (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC13 June 2017
Joindre les factures avec les bons de commandes, valider, saisir, classer. Répondre aux appels des fournisseurs.
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
Superviseure n'avait pas confiance en moi.
Dynamic Workplace
Operation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
Work is mentally stimulating. there is a lot going on to keep you focus on the job at hand so there is no chance of boredom. I have learn a new line and how to operate new equipment. Workplace is great for a balance day...work exercise .. There is a full gym with personal trainers and different workout classes, and lots of other social activities. We also have a full basketball court that is use for different activities..floor hockey and workout classes. nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part is completing the job
Pros
hot meals provided at dicount rate
Cons
Been called in on your day off
Great Place
amazing place to work
friendly environment for all
great benefits
interactive learning
Good workplace but very less chances of work advancement
QA (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
Till date it is the best pharma company i have ever worked in. They actually care about their employees and products they produce rather than quantity. Only downside is that they usually hire people on contract. they may renew it once or twice.
Pros
good food in cafe and free gym on site
Repetitive duties
Technical Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
Lots of repetitive duties. Good cafeteria. Great indoor gym. Care for employees health. Hires contract employees and tough to get a full-time job. some of the best topicals.
Feel like the heart of the company
Global Program Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK4 April 2017
GSK puts their people and patients first. It's a company striving to ensure everyone had good work life balance, while also ensuring you develop skills to carry you forward. It is a huge company and sometimes challenging politically, however everyone is aware of their contribution to helping people do more, feel better, live longer.
Pros
Good development
Cons
Lack of job security as the organisation expands into the emerging markets
Horrible team and culture at the Medical Information department
Medical information specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2017
The medical information team is unsupportive and unprofessional. Honestly the rudest people I have ever worked with. Their knowledge is definitely subpar/not up to date. They are far from drug experts, and I would never call them for drug information, just read the product monograph instead.
Blue Chip Global Pharmaceutical Company
MDPI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ware, UK4 March 2017
This is a pharmaceutical company at the forefront of Research and Development and New Product Introduction and global phamaceutical manufacture, with all the benefits and career prospect of a major global company.
Pros
All the benefits and career prospects of a major global company
Cons
No con, If you are a motivated self driven self starter, you will do well with GSK
Great Environment, Great People
Systems Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga16 February 2017
Amazing Experience working with Great Management.
Supportive Staff, Great Cafe and on site gym.
Awesome work Culture.
Flexible work environment.
Can't think of any cons.
dynamic enviroment
Raw Material and Packaging material analyst (Current Employee) –  egypt31 January 2017
i have learnt a lot about quality systems
Learnt GPS " Gsk Production system" which is a lean system
Company offers exposure inside, but not all employees have that privilege
Pros
dynamic environment, a lot to learn
Cons
no work life balance, career development very weak
Fun Workplace
Quality Control Chemist in QC Incoming Materials (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Great company to work, friendly environment, management is great, promotes job work/life balance. Safety comes first for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2