GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Canada

Gsk
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2016
Was a very good place to work, good people , salary , many opportunity to learn something new , attend courses, management was very good, helping and motivated to work better and smarter
Pros
good place to work
Cons
let people go
Demanding and highly dynamic work environment
General Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONApril 29, 2016
Fairly typical, home office, sales role. You can make your own hours but expectations to perform are high. Sales management is very good, but overall GSK leadership is mediocre. Sales representatives are no longer based on sales, but on more subjective "good sales rep behaviors".
Fun workplace with fitness centre
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
Very nice and friendly Environment with very well security and management. Make products to make the world healthy and better place to live.
productive work
bindary worker (Former Employee) –  mississauga onApril 26, 2016
Did bindary word there only part time work
worked along with only two people
I enjoyed my work
I like routine work
nice building to work in very quiet
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job
Territory Specialist, Respiratory Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working with exceptionally talented and fun colleagues was a highlight. In sales, no two days are the same which adds to the charm of the job and keeps you on your toes. I have had a great time working on the company's biggest product portfolio and helping patients get access to the latest medicines available.
Good company to work for
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work, good atmosphere. Great co-workers and management was awesome. Was very well trained on the daily tasks that were needed to perform my job.
Pros
close to home and loved my job
One of the Best employers in Canada
Supply Manager - External Supply SABD Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Dynamic organization offering good opportunities for any career advancement. Provide a balance of work and life.
Challenging environment and supportive colleagues
Challenging fast paced job
Pharmaceutical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2015
Added great experience in a different manner
I discovered other skills in myself that was never revealed before
which added a different experience to my career
Fast paced job of which I was recognized for on the first day at work
I was able to to build great relations with all colleges, supervisor and manager through great communication skills I learned through different stages of my career
safe work place follows the EHS.
Pack Management manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 7, 2015
I would like to work in such type of company if a chance is provided here in Canada. this is world wide renowned company with more than 97000 employees world wide
Pros
Free launch, Decent working environment
Cons
Long hours duty
Très agréable... bonne ambiance
Technicien de laboratoire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 26, 2015
J'ai y reviendrais.
Un bon endroit, le problème c'est rester.... il faut faire la file... si tu veux rester c'est en commençant à cero
Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
Pros
Gym, great benefits
Cons
Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
amazing
Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 25, 2015
amazing place to work with talented employees and great support for the people who work there. amazing benefits, gym on site, subsidized lunch, bonuses. work challenging and meaningful.
for years this was a great place to work
currently : engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2015
So many dedicated professional and happy people to work with over the years. The business and the landscape have changed. The expectations for total dedication and employee loyalty are one sided. Resistance is futile.
Pros
a great open and respectful culture
Cons
business changes
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2015
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Pros
Global network, full technical support
Cons
Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJune 16, 2015
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons
No worklife balance
First day at work
Marketing Promoter (Current Employee) –  Kingston 19May 28, 2015
learned how to set up the tents, bunting, banner was really awesome and creative in promoting our company products at the venue. my manager was really helpful with teaching me how to operate on the job. my co-workers are like family. we are willing to help each other along with other promotional companies. the hardest part of the job is when the patrons at the event want to come over our tent and we have to be baring them off. The most enjoyable part of the job is always creating new way to promote the product.
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work!
Clinical Trials Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2015
Great place to work, talented colleagues, room for advancement, great work like balance and also facilities are great as well!
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons
Heavy workload at times
checking mails
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
I always end up with mails and i learned alot..

I had enjoy alot
its ok
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 5, 2014
i don't like the work here because we wasn't happy i love the work like a team
Pros
good co workers
Cons
short hours

4.2