GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Canada

Challenging fast paced job
Pharmaceutical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2015
Added great experience in a different manner
I discovered other skills in myself that was never revealed before
which added a different experience to my career
Fast paced job of which I was recognized for on the first day at work
I was able to to build great relations with all colleges, supervisor and manager through great communication skills I learned through different stages of my career
Great work environment and supportive management
Supply Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
You are empowered and dependant upon to make great decisions. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop and provide secondment opportunities regularly. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The company went into a Joint Venture with another major pharmaceutical company which created great redundancy. My daily tasks were challenging and new projects to manage daily and new challenges each and every day to resolve. Never a dull moment and enjoyed my time at Glaxo Smith Kline.
Pros
Gym, great benefits
Cons
Supply Chain moved to the U.S.
One of the Best employers in Canada
Supply Manager - External Supply SABD Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Dynamic organization offering good opportunities for any career advancement. Provide a balance of work and life.
Challenging environment and supportive colleagues
Good company to work for
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work, good atmosphere. Great co-workers and management was awesome. Was very well trained on the daily tasks that were needed to perform my job.
Pros
close to home and loved my job
safe work place follows the EHS.
Pack Management manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 7, 2015
I would like to work in such type of company if a chance is provided here in Canada. this is world wide renowned company with more than 97000 employees world wide
Pros
Free launch, Decent working environment
Cons
Long hours duty
productive work
bindary worker (Former Employee) –  mississauga onApril 26, 2016
Did bindary word there only part time work
worked along with only two people
I enjoyed my work
I like routine work
nice building to work in very quiet
An Established Global Pharma Leader
Siebel Test Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2015
As an established company, GSK is great to work for. As a contractor, I was not able to make the switch to full time employee. (Generally all GSK full time staff were full time staff at a company that GSK acquired; they rarely hire new full time staff.)
Pros
Global network, full technical support
Cons
Heavy reliance on offshore and near-shore contractors
amazing
Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 25, 2015
amazing place to work with talented employees and great support for the people who work there. amazing benefits, gym on site, subsidized lunch, bonuses. work challenging and meaningful.
Très agréable... bonne ambiance
Technicien de laboratoire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 26, 2015
J'ai y reviendrais.
Un bon endroit, le problème c'est rester.... il faut faire la file... si tu veux rester c'est en commençant à cero
Great benefits but no work life balance
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJune 16, 2015
It is not what you know but who you know. Leadership team is a joke. It is no wonder they have a revolving door - all the good employees are leaving as they are not valued or respected by management. Decisions are made on a whim with no logic and no concern for employees.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan, gym
Cons
No worklife balance
Great work culture led by a great management team
Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
At Glaxosmithkline, there is an incredible work-life balance built around the idea that employees are at their best when they are happy in their work environment, enjoying the company of their co-workers and loving what they do. This culture is maintained at a high level with excellent managers who get the best out of their team members by allowing them to to be their own leaders. Although at times the workload can get a bit overwhelming, there is always an opportunity to take a break from the office and have a refreshing workout at the onsite athletic centre. This is an excellent place to be for people who are interested in personal development and growth, and I highly recommend taking the opportunity to work here!
Pros
Employee-focused, great managers, onsite gym
Cons
Heavy workload at times
Professional environment that helped in gaining experience in Clinical Research
Research and Development Alliances Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 18, 2014
Daily tasks involved designing and developing a system for triaging and assessing opportunities for the GSK Canada Life Science Innovation fund and other collaborative opportunities. Assisting with developing a workflow to enable GSK to better manage incoming requests from third parties and partners. Collaborating on creating GSK’s R&D story and creating content to update our extranet web-presence. Organizing cross functional presentations for students.
Great place to work!
Clinical Trials Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2015
Great place to work, talented colleagues, room for advancement, great work like balance and also facilities are great as well!
Great working environment and company values!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
The company values closely resemble my own and they have a true focus on their customers and patients.

Everyone is very knowledgeable in their role and no matter how busy we get, they are all approachable and willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is having to wait for one step to be completed before moving on to the second step of a process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference.

Company has flexible work hours which is always a benefit!
Pros
cafeteria food is high grade and affordable
Cons
no parking for green vehicles (no charging stations available)
Good, friendly environment
Tech Team Member - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2014
On an average day, I would go into work and did the work that I was assigned to that day. From this job, I learned how to work computer programs such as SAP. The management system at this job was very open, and had a transparent policy, which led to employees feeling a lot more informed about the company, as well as more important. Co-workers were very friendly and accepting. The hardest part of the job was when sometimes the production lines would not run. This meant long shifts of inactivity. the most enjoyable part of this job was the environment. The lengths that GlaxoSmithKline went to ensure employee satisfaction were commendable.
Great company, great team. A very collaborative and driven work environment.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnJanuary 25, 2013
Within the HR Service Centre (HRSC) I provided support in the implementation of In Country Shared Services, ACS, and other value added streams within the GSK Canada framework. I expanded my experience and knowledge within the HR division by leveraging developmental opportunities. As part of the HRSC I learned the value of team work and the productivity that comes from effectively leveraging each of our expertise.
Productive day with amazing co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2012
everyay is interesting and stimulating
the best co-workers I have ever been privilidged to work with
Management is caring and knowledgeable
I learned alot about the business,safety,and Pharmecuetical equipment and processess
the hardest part of the job was to leave it at work because I enjoy my job so much there
The best part of the job was being treated like I matter by management
Pros
endless opportunities to grow
Cons
plant is located in mississauga
good
Area Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  canadaDecember 1, 2012
Area Sales Supervisor, GlaxoSmithKline, Mt. Lavinia, Sri Lanka. 2002-2003

 Promoted from Marketing Representative.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets that needs to be achieved by the marketing representatives.

 Managed distributors in the assigned area.
 Responsible for deciding monthly targets for the distributors in assigned area.

 Managed a professional team of 10 marketing representatives.
 Responsible for handling all the expenses of marketing representatives
Good work culture.
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
The day started off with marking and updating trainee records. I also handled any queries that the employees had regarding their training records. It used to be a busy day with the training documents from the previous day to be marked and updated within that day.

Multi-tasking skills were enhanced. The fast paced working skills were also enhanced. Learnt effective handling of queries.

The management is very good.

My co-workers were very good to work with, co-operative and pleasant.

This job was very easy, there was nothing hard about it.

I enjoyed interacting with all the people in the company and it gave me an insight of the jobs they were doing as well.
Pros
annual barbecue was fun.
Cons
nothing to list.
Review
Operations Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
• Operated production equipment ensuring all machinery was maintained and in good order.
• Effectively managed multiple projects related to production and equipment.
• Operated Blister Primary UPS-4, Blister Secondary equipment, Foil Primary Seibler and Foil Primary UPS-3 proficiently.
• Performed a variety of packaging/process activities.
• Ensured 100% compliance to cGMP.
• Utilized IMS and SAP proficiently to complete tasks.
• Following and ensuring FDA requirements are met.
• Completed two day Lean Sigma Advocate training.
• Operated, maintained, and changed over process equipment.
• Recommended and led quality improvements and preventative measures.
• Experienced in high speed packaging, material handling and production activities.
Pros
highly skilled workers
Cons
vulnerable to market swings