GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Poory managed
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 February 2018
Just a number not a valued part of the team poory managed and provided minimal training and corporate values did not align to mine, just too big and cant manage akk
Underpaid jobs for such a big corporation!
Production Line Worker/ Packager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2018
A playground for lazy South Asian/Asian immigrants that want to think that are making a difference by working at such a large corporation for peanuts.
Pros
Great gym facility, free parking, free coffee
Cons
Too many India people. Nobody speaks English
Endroit très propre
technicienne stérilisation (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC13 January 2018
Beaucoup de formation! Si vous voulez monter des échelons, tout est possible
Travail contractuel
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC4 January 2018
Remplacement de congé de maladie, pas grand défis,
great people and environment
Line Lead/Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 January 2018
great company to work for with very nice management and environment friendly company,life work balance, great salary, hope to come back here soon, miss everyone who were all so friendly and helpful
Force du travail d'équipe
RESPONSABLE DE TERRITOIRES ABITIBI&TÉMISCAMONGU E (Former Employee) –  Abitibi & Témiscamingue7 November 2017
L'organisation due à des pressions externes propres à l'industrie a du entreprendre des changements profonds dans ses 'façons de faire'
Pros
Travail d.équipe
Cons
climat de changements profonds et rapide, incertitude
Great place to work if you can get in.
Help Centre Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2017
Pros:

Pretty much everything.

Cons:

Very difficult to get in, often they will hire 2 year contracts and will not keep you longer the the 2 year mark as this could cause them legality issues.
professional
Global Digital Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
GSK is a great place to work in, the culture and employee welfare are quite important to the company. The majority of the sites adopt a flexible working hours
A Goal driven company
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PR20 October 2017
It is a company were every employee knows the goals. A+ in communication and employee support. The benefits are great and the fact is, even when the plan is to close operations here in Puerto Rico their support to all the employees during this crisis (Hurricane Maria) has been undeniable. I'm really thankful I work here.
overall good environmnet to work
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
working environment is good .Staff and coworkers are well mannered and good .good management to work . people respect culture and values and got good corporate culture.
Highly compliant and ethical company
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
I feel fulfilled working with GlaxoSmithKline. The extent of training on the job is excellent. Quality and Compliance culture is very high. I love working with Glaxo.
worked on daily basis
Technical Support Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2017
Working in GSK through an agency was over all good Team members were cooperative .Line leaders were supportive in all the lines such as topical liquid line one and two solid dose members were very helpful and friendly.
Beating as one heart
Senior Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Egypt11 September 2017
The best pharmaceutical company with its unique products that help people to do more, feel better , live longer .with its crew who start together , work together and succeed together
Pros
Strong company, great products
Cons
stress
Agréable
Spécialiste assurance qualité (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC6 September 2017
J'adore cette entreprise (GSK),c'est une entreprise qui respecte les employés.
Motivating, productive
Production Supervisor and technition (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC15 August 2017
Well planed. Very motivating. Good relationship between employee and manager. High standard.clear vision and orientation. Positive Values, Relaxed and Productive Atmosphere, Cooperation, Support and Empowerment, Compassion, Respect and Understanding.
Pros
Good advantage package
Cons
Physically difficult
Good workplace
packaging (Current Employee) –  Mississauga7 August 2017
I have been working in GSK for few years now and I found this company very interesting to work in. You get to learn a lot and the workers are very respectful towards everyone around be it a temporary worker or someone from management. They treat everyone the same. However, there is less growth within the company (not impossible) and Work-life balance is a little shaky.
All in all, I would recommend this company for anyone with diverse skills and willingness to learn everyday!
Pros
Positive and cheerful atmosphere
Cons
NO or Slow growth
Productive and Friendly work environment
Processing/ Manufacturing/ Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Overall I learned a lot from GSK as I was new to canadian culture when I joined with GSK.
Management is supportive in all aspects.
Hardest part of the job was the time when we are given targets. of course we could able to finish the assigned work before dead lines with proper planing and time management.
Our team itself is great strength to me and i enjoyed working with my Sr.Scientists following their guidance performing the assigned tasks within the time.
Pros
Free Hand
Cons
Some times tired (As I worked 1 year in 12 hour continental shift)
excellent work culture
Database Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2017
Glaxo was one of the companies that I always want to work with. I had a great work and life balance and it always provide a great learning environment
Environnement de travail agréable
Commis aux comptes Fournisseurs (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC13 June 2017
Joindre les factures avec les bons de commandes, valider, saisir, classer. Répondre aux appels des fournisseurs.
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
Superviseure n'avait pas confiance en moi.
Dynamic Workplace
Operation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
Work is mentally stimulating. there is a lot going on to keep you focus on the job at hand so there is no chance of boredom. I have learn a new line and how to operate new equipment. Workplace is great for a balance day...work exercise .. There is a full gym with personal trainers and different workout classes, and lots of other social activities. We also have a full basketball court that is use for different activities..floor hockey and workout classes. nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part is completing the job
Pros
hot meals provided at dicount rate
Cons
Been called in on your day off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2