Glam Media Canada (glammedia.com and ca.glam.com), Canada’s #1 lifestyle brand based in Toronto, has an immediate opening for an editorial intern.
We’re looking for motivated candidates who have a strong interest in fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends, as well as a passion for digital and social content. We are looking for individuals who are efficient and proactive with exceptional taste to work with a fun and growing team. Joining the Glam-ily offers budding writers, journalists and editors to hone their craft, learn about the industry, develop a network of contacts and get real-life work experience in online media.
All internships are unpaid. We ask for a 9-to-5 commitment, minimum three days per week for a duration of four months.
Our ideal candidate:
- is interested in pursuing a well-rounded experience in all aspects of online publishing: producing content, social networking, search engine optimization, information architecture, usability and more
- is enrolled in, or has graduated from, an online publishing journalism program, with a significant amount of blogging experience
- has an understanding of HTML, SEO, and writing for the web
- has experience using Photoshop and WordPress
- is a quick learner, flexible and great at multi-tasking
- approaches each task, no matter how important or menial, with the same dedication, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Working with the editorial team to write and produce daily content
- Photo research and editing
- Assisting with social media accounts
- Curating content from Glam ecosystem to the website
- Liaising with bloggers and third party content providers
- Fact-checking and proofreading
- Participating in group pitch sessions to help shape Glam Canada’s content
- Helping with day-to-day operations including administrative duties
- Assisting with photo and video shoots
Please apply by sending a CV, cover letter and three writing samples to the email provided. No phone calls, please. Note that only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago