Experience GIVE & GO PREPARED FOODS Firsthand
Under the general supervision of the Department Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting product cost quotations (TVC) on new products, and assist with analyzing labour and material usage variances. This position will also support plant managers in their day to day information needs.
A career at GIVE & GO PREPARED FOODS will offer you the opportunity to…
- Work in a fast growing and dynamic environment with highly skilled professionals
- Continue your professional development in your chosen career path
- Become part of a people focused culture
- Provide strong support for plant accounting and reporting requirements
- Assist with the preparation of product cost quotations upon request from Marketing and Sales.
- Analyze actual costs versus standard costs and prepare variance reports.
- Analyze the compilation of weekly usage reports and weekly cost processing.
- Interact with plant management to provide meaningful and value added analysis
- Provide data provision for weekly operational meetings
- Calculate product cost standards for labour, material, and factory overhead from bill of materials.
- Work with procurement and manufacturing management to develop accurate standard costs.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration with a major in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years experience within a manufacturing environment working with cross-functional teams including Operations, Distribution and Finance.
- Currently at Level 3 of CMA/CGA and actively working towards a CMA or CGA designation.
- Experience with product costing using standard cost accounting systems strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated communication and people skills
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs
- Sound understanding of costing and accounting principles
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work
- Highly detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Self starter with the willingness for continuous learning
“Great People, Making Great Products, For a Great Future!”