Girl Guides of Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Organization for young girls and women!
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  anywhereMay 30, 2016
Girl Guides of Canada is a volunteer organization that has partners all over the world! With it I have gone to Mexico, and another group in my district is planning a trip to London and Paris. Even more importantly, this organization helped me to build confidence as a young girl and to learn things like knots or how to light a fire without matches or paper. So I would highly recommend becoming a leader or sending your daughters because without Girl Guides I would not be who I am today.
Pros
training opportunities that count as work experience
awesome placce
N/A (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ONMay 17, 2016
I loved volenteering witrh the girl guides. it was so much fun helping plan stuff for the younger girl guides to do and it was just a lot of fun
FUN
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Working with the girls to help them improve themselves is an incredible experience. Planning for the year is interesting trying to balance every girls different needs but it is all worth it in the end to see the smile on their faces every week.
Leader
Volunteer - Leader of 54th Sparks (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 22, 2014
I loved working with the girls. The most rewarding part was watching as they accomplished tasks that were new to them.
very fun
Girl Guides of Canada (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2014
Amazing organization with incredible programs and a wonderful place to meet new energetic youths.
Pros
free program
Girl Guides of Canada Job Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ONApril 16, 2014
From when I first started volunteering with Girl Guides of Canada I was quite pleased on how they ran each session. When you first walked into the building it was very welcoming and it made you feel at home. On a regular base, the young girls would normally start off class by making a craft followed by their opening ceremony. Afterwards I would help assist the Brownie Leader by setting up games or other crafts or helping the girls earning their badges. After each session we would end the night by doing a closing ceremony. The sessions were every Wednesday for an hour and a half. In that time I would be able to accomplish many things that were assigned to me without wasting time. My co-workers (other volunteers) were also very friendly. They as well as the Brownie Leader made me feel like I was apart of their family. The hardest part of this was trying to keep 20+ seven to nine year olds under control all the time, however with training and knowing what to do, after the first few weeks it became way easier to handle them all. Everything that I put towards this volunteer work has benefited me greatly. It has opened my eyes to the world around me. This experience working with the 3rd Courtice Brownie Unit has helped me greatly when it comes to very young children. It has also helped me gain more knowledge and experience that I can help put towards a part-time job. Overall, I would recommend this work to anyone who loves children and 'being on their toes'.
Pros
fast past & clean environment, working with children, friendly co-workers, on a schedual.
Cons
honestly, there were no cons to this. i found it very enjoyable and fun to do every week.
Volunteer
o Brownie and Girl Guide Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SKFebruary 9, 2014
A couple of hours a week working with the girls on achieving assorted challenges in the Program Book. Team Work, Seeing the girls accomplishment different skills and knowledge.
Pros
seeing the girls joy in what they have accomplished
Cons
not enough hours in the day
productive amazing scenery amazing enviroment friendly co-workers and staff
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Clifford, ONJanuary 5, 2014
I loved working for the girl guides, schedule was open , went into a natural flow for working in all areas , never had a problem with staff or kids staying at the camp. Was a little out of the way but with a more economical vehicle , that would have been not as taxing as it was. Another thing is the supplies and tools needed were always up to date. Yes I would work there again if needed.
Pros
schedule flexibity
Cons
the amount of gas to travel back and forth
Fun place to learn and teach
Ranger Leader (Current Employee) –  Victoria BCJanuary 1, 2014
Girl guides is an organization that allows Girls of all ages to interact with each other in a safe and welcoming environment. this is also a place they can have fun, learn new things and get opportunities they would normally not have.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at work was setting projects for the day and completing them.
I learned to use Raiser's Edge database.
Management was supportive
Co-workers were friendly
The hardest part of the job was the high demand
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the goals in a normal pace.
Pros
cooperative and friendly staff
Cons
long hours and high demand
Bookkeeper and Camp Cook
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Surrey BCNovember 13, 2012
This was a volunteer position that I enjoyed doing for 12 years while my girls went through guiding. It would be highly recommended for others to get involved in this organization.
Pros
working with other volunteers and the girls
Cons
long hours at camps
Bookkeeper
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Surrey B.C/September 10, 2012
I was in Guiding for 12 years as my girls went through the program.
I volunteered to do their books for 6 years as well as being the camp cook and volunteering at the meetings for 12 years. Overall wonderful experience
Pros
wonder people... loved working with the girls and helping them learn
Cons
camps were long and hard work...