HR Generalist- Vaughan Ontatio
This highly respected, well established, Contractor/Developer is recognized for creating prestigious, award winning homes and communities throughout Southern Ontario. They are involved in all sectors of the new home building industry, including: commercial, low-rise and high-rise residential, luxury new homes and affordable housing. For this organization it is all about building a life-long relationship that has its foundations in driving for results and providing exceptional customer service. If you are committed to high standards, exhibit a sense of urgency and thrive in a positive entrepreneurial environment, you can achieve excellence having the freedom to grow and to fulfill your career aspirations. Becoming a member of this organization is an investment in your future!
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist pro-actively supports the delivery of HR Programs while building strong business relationships with internal clients. The HR Generalist manages complex HR Projects cross-functionally including the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce while protecting the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
To perform the Human Resources Generalist job successfully, an individual must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where commitment, personal responsibility and a sense of urgency are required. The Human Resources generalist is responsible to support the Director,
Human Resources in all of these areas:
- recruiting and staffing logistics;
- employee orientation, development, and training;
- company employee communication; and
- employee services and counseling.
- policy development and documentation;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
Human Resources Generalist Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities;
- Excellent computer skills particularly of Microsoft Office Suite Programs in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills including planning and time management skills
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Manages the recruitment process to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Source candidates by direct sourcing, referral and creatively identifying sources for candidates including job ads, associations, career fairs, educational facilities, employment agencies, networking, social media such as LinkedIn, websites etc.
- Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Ensure a constant talent pipeline is generated for open positions and screen resumes accordingly
- Manage recruitment activities, correspondence and data analysis through an applicant tracking system;
- Reviews resumes for all candidates and interviews candidates along with appropriate management for employment.
- Maintain and analyze statistical reports and metrics as required
Human Resource Information Systems
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the website, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information and Intranet sites.
- Maintains employee-related data bases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software to the company's advantage including sub.
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources
- Three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions in a corporate environment
To explore this opportunity please contact:
Gillan & Co.
Frye Gillan Molinaro Architects is an award-winning architecture firm that has focused on the design of civic architecture since it was...