Gilead Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sweatshop reputation warranted
Scientist-Development (Current Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, good salary
Cons: Inequitable, stressful
Gilead is a great company with great products. It is easy to be proud of what I do here. The working environment, however, is lacking. The pace is relentless. I check email first thing when I wake up and throughout the evening when I get home. My boss often emails me at 10-11 pm at night. There are so many meetings during the day that sometimes you have to work in the evening just to get things done. When problems arise, I do not feel I have the support of my management. I agree with the review that it is a toxic environment. I have been here 3 years and will not be here much longer.
I would strongly advise you NOT to work here!
Anonymous (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: big pay check
Cons: anything you can think of!
There is essentially no work-life balance and they can care less about yourself and your family. All they care about is making money. "For the love of money is the root of all evil!" Gilead demands you to work untill they tell you to go home. I'm not joking here, I slept in my car after working back to back 15-20 hour shifts. I have the time card printouts to prove it! Gilead clams this is the best – more... package you can find. well these people haven't worked anywhere else in alot of years, they are inexperienced in what is offered out there now a days. What good is having benifits when you cant even take time off to go to the dentist or doctors because if your not at work your missing deadlines which hold up production which equals loss of money. This place is cancerous and I was out of there before that cancer killed my relationship with my family. You can make money anywhere, this place is not the only place in the world to make a great living in. If you care about your family and your well being look for employment elsewhere. If you just care about making money this is a place for you. But let me tell you all the money in the world cant buy happiness. – less
Productive place to work
always learning
must aadapt quickly
Not very fair
Sales Executive (Former Employee), OceansideJanuary 5, 2014
They just don't get it in terms of searching outside of company for fresh talent/skills. NEPOTISM all the time, all they way!
Toxic culture
Director (Former Employee), Foster CityNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great products
Cons: incompetent, kissing up management
The company fosters managing up and squishing the workers. Great products and scientists, but the management is terrible. If you are not in the right clique, you are toast. The work/life balance is not good as you are expected to be on 24hr call.

Compensation is adequate and with the exponential rise in the stock for now, it worth a look at if you go in with your eyes WiDE open.
Good Pay Horrible Culture
Finance & Accounting (Former Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: toxic culture, dishonest
Worked at the company for almost 8 years, and didn't how horrible the culture was until I left and started at a normal company. Upper management encourages lying to staff, promotions with in are rare and when it happens is not based on merits but being liked by a small group of upper management. Good people are fired or pushed out on weekly basis. Once you leave, Gilead is known to contact your new employer and bad mouth you.
New group
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: alot of great people and great benefits
Cons: one bad apple can ruin a dept
My group was new when I joined Gilead. My group lacked direction and leadership. Our Director was a lame duck that liked to search the internet for Giants tickets. I really liked the company but I felt the lack of leadership in my dept. would end with my job disolving. So I found another job outside of Gilead.

I would go back in a minute if I could find a good fit. I learned after my year at Gilead not to take a job just because it's there, make sure it feels right.
good enviorment
SHIPPING/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), San Dimas, CASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: paid time off
Cons: short breaks
a company that can make you feel at home away from home bieng able to work in a safe and outgoing peopole that are serious about their jobs and are respectfull