Gilead Sciences

Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn
Business Conduct Specialist I (FTE) (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: benefits and stock options
Cons: can use more staff
The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge it provided me. Although my workload was heavy and environment could be stressful, I never missed a deadline.
Very productive, very focused, doing two people's job for one
Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Job Security! Job Security! Job Security!
Cons: Long working hours, really hard work and difficult people to deal with or please. No work-life balance at all
Gilead is a great place to develop in your career and learn really fast. Depends on who your manager is, it can be a really great place to work (work hard) and learn. There is a very slow promotion process. Even if you ace your annual review every year, that could probably get you promoted in 4-5 years. The respect is a big issue at Gilead, although the culture is changing in the right direction.
Overview
Contractor (Current Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: collaborative environment
Cons: no work/life balance
Start up mentality in a larger company. Having growing pains, but doing well in the market. It's an exciting place to be, but they definitely need a stronger middle management layer to come in to take them to the next level.
Life saving products and good R&D in pipe line
Senior Territory Specialist HCV (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: specialty products
I call on Specialists and promote life saving products for the treatment of Hep C. I have learned a new entity in sales through this Biotech company with the promotion of my products. The most enjoyable part of my job is promoting a product that is life changing and life saving for patients.
Great company to work at with exceptional benefits and growth potential.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Gilead is a really good company with a great pipeline compared to other pharma companies out there. They have good benefits and the cafeteria is really good. Management always supported new ideas and encouraged thinking outside of the box. My co-workers at Gilead were very supportive and experts in their fields. The hardest part of my job was establishing a consistent work life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing my contributions impacted patients lives world wide.
work environment is very nice and flexible
Net Web Developer (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
excellent management
very nice immediate manager
good work culture
Extremely informative and productive job place
TECHNICAL LEAD/GRADUATE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Claremont, CANovember 1, 2014
I am working as a student consultant for Gilead sciences. I have came across very few people and companies as agile as Gilead.
Productive and fun place to work
Interim Northern European Team Lead (Former Employee), MiddlesexSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and fruit
Cons: long hours
It's all go from the moment you get into the office until you leave late into the evening.
Very difficult to achieve work/life balance because it is a very demanding and pressurising enviroment. But a fun place to work if you thrive in a fast pace environment.
Please do not come here as a contractor.
Stability Specialist (Current Employee), San Dimas, CAJuly 16, 2014
Please do not come here as a contractor. It is impossible for this company to hire someone from contractor to be permanent.
Low worklife balance but great benefits
Research Associate (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJune 13, 2014
Company is demanding but excelling. Great place to be as of this post, as the company is growing. Great benfits and company morale , very demanding however and training on in house techniques is lacking. Extra time must be put in to learn the lingo and master the un taught techniques.
Gilead is a work hard, play hard company that believes in getting more done with less.
Institutional Specialist (Current Employee), Foster City, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: aca impact on azstreanam.
Gilead is a $100 billion plus company that is focused on researching and developing products and bringing them to market. I work in the Cystic Fibrosis arena where I currently cover the entire state of Illinois. In the past prior to our expansion, I covered MI, WI and IL. In a typical day I may meet with CF Center Directors who are thought leaders within their disease state to educated them on Azstreanam Lysine for inhalation for their patients with CF an PA. In addition to the center Directors, I also educated ancillary team members on product reimbursement and access in addition to performing product in services. Ancillary team members include, RRT, RN, APN, PA, Nutritionists, Genetic Counselors and Social Workers. Management at Gilead is very hands on. My coworkers on a daily basis are my Medical Scientist and National Accounts Manager. These individuals assist with medical and financial pull through.
Senior Research Associate I (Current Employee), Fremont, CAApril 17, 2014
Good place to work. Dont want to write public review. However, indeed is making it a requirement.
Great benefits, tight timelines
Clinical Data Associate I (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 2, 2014
Pros: free sodas, coffee, tea, lots of free food around
Cons: high stress environment
Timelines can be too tight and too much work is expected for a given time period. Gilead wants their products to be the first on the market and you suffer a little because of that strong desire. However, they have great products and a great pipeline
Benefits and compensation are great. Plenty of room for growth and advancement if you want it.
Leadership has some good some bad-like every other company
If you can handle stress well then go for it!
No work life balance
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 21, 2014
The company is stable with excellent products. Good benefits and
But in return you sign away your life to the company. There is essentially no work-life balance. Nor many work at home/remote options.
Fast pace environment with emphasis on team building
Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning and Procurement (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Learned to work individualy as well as multiple teams from all continents.
Good place to work with a big campus
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Foster City, CADecember 18, 2013
Wednesday bagel days is the best! This is a very busy place, but the co-workers are amazing.
Great company with excellent benefits
Therapeutic Specialist - PAH (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 4, 2013
Best company I have worked for so far. Easy to understand quotas and predictable bonus structure. Highly motivated sales force and excellent, accountable management.
Great people, helpful in bringing you up to speed - loved it there
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2013
I was a contractor looking for full time work, but it never turned out, I just kept getting moved around from department to department.
Productive and Great workplace
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), San, HPOctober 29, 2013
Each day at work was pretty smooth, i was able to learn diffrent positions that i may further many opportunities with the company. The management team was also in great standing, each shift an well and each goal set was accomplished. Working in this invironment was a great expierience due to the positive inviornment that took place amongst my co-workers. Each day brought a new expierence, However, i am no able to elaberate on the day being hard. I am able to express that each day was enjoyable especially when we as a team reached each goal that was set for the day or week.
Goal and Matrix are based on the formula of one model fit all no analytical data on current local market trends or dynamics also generics are included
Senior Cardiovascular Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee), South FloridaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: culture of org no respect for employees or the well being of the families
Great Science Organization, Culture personnel more concern about stock price than to what's right for the organization or patients I can only speak from experience of the IHD Division.

About Gilead Sciences

Gilead Sciences has biotech balms for infectious diseases, including hepatitis, HIV, and infections related to AIDS. The company's – Read more