Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment
Contractor, Finance - Biometrics (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 30, 2015
Pros: company culture to develop employees
Cons: very deep organizational structure that hinders fast paced problem solving.
Overall good work environment and company culture. Growing company with many opportunities. The company has a deep organizational structure that may inhabit fat paced problem solving and solution implementation. The people i worked with are very knowledgeable about the jobs and are easy to work with.
Great IT Team
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 20, 2015
Was in a corporate environment with 3,500 end users. Had nice happy hour Fridays with food so we could meet other employees on a social environment.
Awesome Company and Products - Little Development
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CASeptember 22, 2015
Pros: People - food - products
Cons: Bay Area requires higher pay.
Overall, I love working at Gilead. I love the people. I love the products. I love the work they do in emerging markets and indigent domestic markets.

Advancement is gradual and consistent with an established companies.
Simply too much
Director (Former Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 24, 2015
Great products, great pipeline, too much hard driving toward the goals. There needs to be a more grown-up approach to drug development because the scale of a start-up can't apply to a mature company.
Fast paced environment
Stability Coordinator (Current Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 16, 2015
A typical day at work includes last minute projects and deadlines. Must work quickly and efficiently to complete all necessary work.
Great Company
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 16, 2015
Very Hectic at work due to number of projects one has to deal everyday. Multi-tasking is required. So much to learn from cross functional teams. The Location is the best.
Great company
Oncology Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee), DCAugust 8, 2015
Great Company to work for, excellent pay, benefits, work life balance, management, small territory, company car, coworkers, travel, products are superior, etc.
Excellent place to work. Great work, people and opportunities
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee), Oceanside, caAugust 6, 2015
In downstream purification, Weigh/Dispense Chemicals for Purification of Cell derived products by Chromatography processes: Pro A, SPHP, Capto Q, UFDF. Typical process takes three weeks. Excellent management team. Great workers and working environment. Company treats employees very well.
A generous company
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 22, 2015
They take care of the sales force for sure. I enjoy working for this company. I work with great people. I am not sure what else to say.
Very busy and long hours.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: on call on weekends
Gilead is a very busy company. New construction, projects and manufacturing. Very good training opportunities. Community involvement is important.
Outstanding Company - Difficult to Work for
Therapeutic Specialty Representative (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CaJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great Pipeline, Stock Plan, Good Salary
Cons: Intense Culture, Long Hours, High Sales Goals that are challenging to say the least
Depending on the division your in makes a difference in the job culture you are subjected to. IHD is the red headed step child of the organization and is treated poorly. Minimal support for Managed Care Contracting.
I would strongly advise you NOT to work here!
Anonymous (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Paycheck
Cons: Anything you can think of
There is essentially no work-life balance and they can care less about your well being and your family. All they care about is making money. "For the love of money is the root of all evil!" Gilead demands you to work untill they tell you to go home. I'm not joking here, I slept in my car after working back to back 15-20 hour shifts. I have the many time card printouts to prove it! Gilead clams this is the best package you can find. Well these people haven't worked anywhere else in alot of years, they are inexperienced in what is offered out there now a days. What good is having benefits when you cant even take time off to go to the dentist or doctors because if your not at work your missing deadlines which hold up production which equals loss of money. This place is cancerous and I was out of there before that cancer killed my relationship with my family. You can make money anywhere, this place is not the only place in the world to make a great living in. If you care about your family and your well being look for employment elsewhere. If you just care about making money this is a place for you. But let me tell you all the money in the world cant buy happiness.
Good Company, has it's flaws
QA (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: rapidly growing company, good benefits
Cons: no work life balance, poor management
The benefits and stock options here are great but the company culture and work life balance are pretty bad. Most employees are doing the work of 3 people and it is impossible to work just a normal 8 hours day. The workload is not only heavy but very demanding as alot of the work is very urgent.

The political nature of this company doesn't allow for quick progress unless a manager personally likes you. Promotions aren't based off of what you know or the work you put in, but instead on if that manager wants you to be promoted or likes you enough to do it.
great work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: great cafe
Cons: lack of advancement
Gilead is a great company to work for. It has very compassionate and positive people working there. The folks I supported were top notch and treated others with respect and understanding.
Great company to work for!
IT Research & Development Tech Intern (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome place, awesome people, what's not to love?
Cons: Nothing.
Great company to work for! I really enjoyed every part of my internship experience with Gilead! Working in IT for them gave me an opportunity to learn skills that I would not have gathered if I hadn't had an internship in the field.
Great company culture with large are for growth
Associate Manager (Contract), HIV Medical Affairs (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great company culture, management and compensation
Cons: Contract employee
Gilead was a great work experience for me, especially as my first major company. Management not only managed, but also did a good portion of the work which made myself and fellow employees feel as though it was a team effort. There were definitely opportunities for advancement and the compensation was good.
Great place to learn
Business Conduct Specialist I (FTE) (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: benefits and stock options
Cons: can use more staff
The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge it provided me. Although my workload was heavy and environment could be stressful, I never missed a deadline.
Very productive, very focused, doing two people's job for one
Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Job Security! Job Security! Job Security!
Cons: Long working hours, really hard work and difficult people to deal with or please. No work-life balance at all
Gilead is a great place to develop in your career and learn really fast. Depends on who your manager is, it can be a really great place to work (work hard) and learn. There is a very slow promotion process. Even if you ace your annual review every year, that could probably get you promoted in 4-5 years. The respect is a big issue at Gilead, although the culture is changing in the right direction.
Overview
Contractor (Current Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: collaborative environment
Cons: no work/life balance
Start up mentality in a larger company. Having growing pains, but doing well in the market. It's an exciting place to be, but they definitely need a stronger middle management layer to come in to take them to the next level.
Life saving products and good R&D in pipe line
Senior Territory Specialist HCV (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: specialty products
I call on Specialists and promote life saving products for the treatment of Hep C. I have learned a new entity in sales through this Biotech company with the promotion of my products. The most enjoyable part of my job is promoting a product that is life changing and life saving for patients.