Gilead Sciences

Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Learning place
Safety Scientist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA18 November 2016
Great place to learn. Lot of cross-functional exposure. Good management. Great co-workers. very busy place. Can keep you working for ever. More work less fun though.
Pros
Great free food, cafes, variety of people interacting daily.
Cons
Work life balance can get awkward very soon. But, need to be smart enough to manage going down.
Gilead
Oracle EBS Techno Functional Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA24 October 2016
Its a good company to work. It enhanced all my skills and also the management was very friendly. I love working in this environment. The colleagues were very encouraging.
Great company
Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater NY6 October 2016
Great company with outstanding product line. Very ethical. Outstanding leadership team and winning corporate culture. I no longer work there, but often wish I still did.
Fast paced environment, excellent team and stable product pipeline
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA30 September 2016
Fast paced environment, excellent team and stable product pipeline. Access to the latest recruiting tools and technology and a sense of team support that is positive and geared towards learning.
Pros
excellent team, ample pipeline, exciting work environment
Oracle DBA
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA15 September 2016
I have a very good experience working here.I have learned a lot form my managers that will be helpful in my future,Working environment is very good here

Lean Company
Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA20 August 2016
Company runs very lean and IT management is not mature to operate under lean workload. No employee reward, management is disconnected with individual contributors.
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
scale of 1 - 10 for lean, Gilead is 10+ lean
Very friendly working experiecnce
Scheduling Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA12 August 2016
Working at Gilead is an great experience getting to know people through different departments. Sometimes a day can be very busy to a calm day like on a Friday. Lastly enjoying the happy hour on Friday and just catch up with your friends at work. It something good to feel about coming to work everyday.
Pros
Happy hour
benefits
The Worst Company You Can Imagine
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA10 August 2016
The most discouraging place I ever worked, A company chock full of individuals that are not collaborating, and encourage a trickle down system of information.
A telephone game of long hours, on call, and pour treatment.
My supervisor once told me that a coworker could not be sleeping on the job, he was " A good Christian Brother" and this was just another day on the job!
This place is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Alot
$1000 per pill?
DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA2 August 2016
Nice very expensive cars all across the campus.Really bad culture that claims " it all about the science" when in reality its all about the profit. Need a new CFO ASAP.
Promotes strong support of company's mission and vision
Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA1 August 2016
A lot of one-on-one opportunities to really talk about your goals, your future, and also the future and state of the company itself.
Pros
Food, Flexible
Punitive and narrow-minded
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA29 July 2016
Not a place to go to develop in a role. You are on your own. There is a very negative company culture that applauds over working until the point of burn out.
50/50 on Most areas
Empower CDS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA20 July 2016
A typical day at work is a mixed bag of lulls and a deluge of challenging tasks.
What I've learned is to expect anything.
Management is autocratic; this is unfortunately consistent with the industry, and shows no signs of abating.
Co-workers are on edge, most are contractors and are pre-occupied with job security.
Hardest/unpleasant part of the job is that communication style from management is uni directional.
Most enjoyable part of the job thus far is the cafeteria, If I'm being hones. But I'm fairly new so there is hopefully room for that to change.
A hierarchical company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA16 June 2016
Fast growing company with small company mentality. Constantly feeling understaffed. Many employees have to take on multiple roles all the time. Too many directors / managers who only directs.
loved working over there
Service-Now Developer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA9 June 2016
Best place to work i loved working over there all employeeres are friendly. management was excellent. The best part of my job is My team. I am so fortunate to be part of a team that, despite everyone’s differences and eccentricities, manages to make every day at work seem like an episode of tosh.0.
Challenging, Great Place to Work with a Mission Second to None
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA6 May 2016
Gilead is a challenging place to work, there is a high shake out rate. The mission of Gilead Sciences and its ability to consistently deliver make this a rewarding place to work.
Absolutely amazing place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge4 May 2016
Working Working in a team within a team of 6, providing implementation, development, guidance and support services to UK and EMEA-based business users, Global IS teams, Global Service Desk, and 3rd party support providers.

• Supervising all IT functions relative to 400 VIPs, Directors, Scientists and Sales Reps.
• Active Directory administration, VMware (VMSphere) administration , Horizon Client and VDI administration.
• Escalation point for other IT members reporting to directly to Gilead Management HQ in Paris.
• Worked closely with External Vendors with Major audits and compliance regulations.
• Working involvement of Microsoft Exchange Administrator, Active directory management and Mobile Iron device management, with heavy exposure to CISCO IP Telephony including administration of Cisco call manager Version 9.
• Vodafone site administrator, functions relating to Asset Management of all Mobile devices, associated billing accounts and identification codes for all devices.
• Procurement troubleshooting, administration and deployment of all Microsoft, iOS and Android devices.
Toxic Culture
Quality Specialist 3 (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA27 April 2016
The people and policies reflect a culture that is toxic to professionals. Asking questions is prohibited and career advancement is at the expense of personal dignity
Pros
good food
Cons
employees
Productive and fun work environment
Clinical Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA26 April 2016
I learned a great deal about clinical research conduct within the US and globally. I had the opportunity to work with a great individuals who shared their wealth of knowledge and support for my growth and progression.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Oracle EBS Consultant
Oracle Apps SCM/OPM System Analyst (Current Employee) –  CA18 April 2016
Oracle EBS Functional and Technical.Good Job Culture.Participated in all Design phases of this project.
Learned more anout OPM and had adapted to different project reuirements,
We have a team size of 5 with developers and Functional consultants.
The harderst part of the job is to meet the complex req's which are solely in OPM .
The most enjoyable part of the job is despite stringent deadline we could meet all the req's and development with minor issues during Golive.
Incredibly talented team & great work environment!
UI/UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA6 April 2016
I was originally brought on as a Front-End Developer, however after working with management and assessing user needs based on UX analysis methods it was clearly evident that the current UI wasn't addressing the complex user needs. Gradually my position transitioned to redesigning the UI and conducting UX design research to gather data.

Overall my experience was great! I had the opportunity to work with and learn from talented and seasoned developers. A typical day would consist of brief in depth meetings to assess daily workloads & how to implement and leverage technologies such as Angular JS, JAVA, javascript libraries, UI design sprints and timelines.
Pros
Company subsidized gourmet food!
Cons
Contract position