Gilead Sciences

Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

Very comfortable workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  SFO, CA16 March 2017
I enjoyed working for Gilead Sciences and I will go there again in a heart beat. It has every type of analytical instruments and huge labs and very challenging, for experienced Analytical Chemist.
Company is good
Statistical Programmer II (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA5 March 2017
The company is good. Everybody works very hard. The pay is not as high as that in the software industry. I learned a lot in Gilead.
Fast pace learning environment with great exposure
Outsourced Manufacturing Associate II (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA23 February 2017
Gilead Sciences Inc is a company in which gives you the opportunity to provide great exposure for entry level positions. You get the opportunity to learn and improve skills. The greatest opportunity is to be able to work with multiple vendors and be able to assist in managing the accounts to develop great work relationships.
Fast paced and dynamic with high expectations for performance
Executive Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CA7 February 2017
I was with Gilead Sciences in multiple roles over 17 years and was a part of the rapid growth as a part of the field sales management team and saw the evolution of the culture and size of the company. My last position as an Executive Community Liaison required 10-14 hour days, significant travel and lofty goals as management was under pressure for high performance which demonstrates the culture of performance. I strongly believed in the mission of the company from day 1 and it was a pleasure to work towards a lofty goal that was much bigger than me. I enjoyed the impact I was able to make within the company and on the people's lives we saved with paradigm shifting medications.
IT/CSV Quality Specialist
IT/CSV Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CA29 January 2017
Responsibilities included the validation of Empower system for Laboratory Operations. Test Script execution in order to define the validation state of the Empower System.
Nice place to work
Biologics Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CA25 January 2017
Great place to grow , great co workers as well. Alot of ammenities and perks. Couldnt ask for a better boss. You stay busy all day long , your always challenged
Workplace culture
Sr. SQLServer DBA (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA25 January 2017
The place where i used to work is so nice and the colleagues were very good.They are very supportive and i really enjoyed working with them.
Consultant
IT STRATEGIC SOURCING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA18 January 2017
Currently working as a consultant and have been heere about a year.

Growing really fast, company needs to keep up with the work demands by hiring more people. Work Life balance has not been great throughout the first year.
great company
Laboratory Information Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CA17 January 2017
Gilead Sciences is a great company to be a part of. The people and the environment make a great experience with the ability to make it a better pharmaceutical company. A typical day at work involves reviewing documents with a lunch break for an hour. I learned about teamwork and documents for drug substances. My co-workers were very helpful in helping me succeed. There wasn't really any hard part.
Pros
free bagels on wednesday and lunch was very cheap for a meal
Great learning opportunity if you are up for it
Senior Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA9 January 2017
As a consultant, I have come across some aspects that I have rated the company for. If you like a dynamic environment with plenty of opportunity to learn, this is one of those great places.
Pros
Location, compensation
Cons
Not flexible for remote work
Learning place
Safety Scientist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA18 November 2016
Great place to learn. Lot of cross-functional exposure. Good management. Great co-workers. very busy place. Can keep you working for ever. More work less fun though.
Pros
Great free food, cafes, variety of people interacting daily.
Cons
Work life balance can get awkward very soon. But, need to be smart enough to manage going down.
Gilead
Oracle EBS Techno Functional Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA24 October 2016
Its a good company to work. It enhanced all my skills and also the management was very friendly. I love working in this environment. The colleagues were very encouraging.
Great company
Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater NY6 October 2016
Great company with outstanding product line. Very ethical. Outstanding leadership team and winning corporate culture. I no longer work there, but often wish I still did.
Fast paced environment, excellent team and stable product pipeline
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA30 September 2016
Fast paced environment, excellent team and stable product pipeline. Access to the latest recruiting tools and technology and a sense of team support that is positive and geared towards learning.
Pros
excellent team, ample pipeline, exciting work environment
Oracle DBA
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA15 September 2016
I have a very good experience working here.I have learned a lot form my managers that will be helpful in my future,Working environment is very good here

Lean Company
Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA20 August 2016
Company runs very lean and IT management is not mature to operate under lean workload. No employee reward, management is disconnected with individual contributors.
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
scale of 1 - 10 for lean, Gilead is 10+ lean
Very friendly working experiecnce
Scheduling Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA12 August 2016
Working at Gilead is an great experience getting to know people through different departments. Sometimes a day can be very busy to a calm day like on a Friday. Lastly enjoying the happy hour on Friday and just catch up with your friends at work. It something good to feel about coming to work everyday.
Pros
Happy hour
benefits
The Worst Company You Can Imagine
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA10 August 2016
The most discouraging place I ever worked, A company chock full of individuals that are not collaborating, and encourage a trickle down system of information.
A telephone game of long hours, on call, and pour treatment.
My supervisor once told me that a coworker could not be sleeping on the job, he was " A good Christian Brother" and this was just another day on the job!
This place is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Alot
$1000 per pill?
DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA2 August 2016
Nice very expensive cars all across the campus.Really bad culture that claims " it all about the science" when in reality its all about the profit. Need a new CFO ASAP.
Promotes strong support of company's mission and vision
Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CA1 August 2016
A lot of one-on-one opportunities to really talk about your goals, your future, and also the future and state of the company itself.
Pros
Food, Flexible