Gilead Sciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 16, 2015
Very Hectic at work due to number of projects one has to deal everyday. Multi-tasking is required. So much to learn from cross functional teams. The Location is the best.
Great company
Oncology Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee), DCAugust 8, 2015
Great Company to work for, excellent pay, benefits, work life balance, management, small territory, company car, coworkers, travel, products are superior, etc.
Excellent place to work. Great work, people and opportunities
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee), Oceanside, caAugust 6, 2015
In downstream purification, Weigh/Dispense Chemicals for Purification of Cell derived products by Chromatography processes: Pro A, SPHP, Capto Q, UFDF. Typical process takes three weeks. Excellent management team. Great workers and working environment. Company treats employees very well.
Opportunities with Gilead.
Government Contracts Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 30, 2015
Establish contracts (e.g., rebates, administrative fees, etc.) within Gilead's operations systems based on terms and conditions in customer agreements. Monitor contract requirements to ensure customer and Gilead remain in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
A generous company
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 22, 2015
They take care of the sales force for sure. I enjoy working for this company. I work with great people. I am not sure what else to say.
Very busy and long hours.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: on call on weekends
Gilead is a very busy company. New construction, projects and manufacturing. Very good training opportunities. Community involvement is important.
Outstanding Company - Difficult to Work for
Therapeutic Specialty Representative (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CaJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great Pipeline, Stock Plan, Good Salary
Cons: Intense Culture, Long Hours, High Sales Goals that are challenging to say the least
Depending on the division your in makes a difference in the job culture you are subjected to. IHD is the red headed step child of the organization and is treated poorly. Minimal support for Managed Care Contracting.
I would strongly advise you NOT to work here!
Anonymous (Former Employee), San Dimas, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Paycheck
Cons: Anything you can think of
There is essentially no work-life balance and they can care less about your well being and your family. All they care about is making money. "For the love of money is the root of all evil!" Gilead demands you to work untill they tell you to go home. I'm not joking here, I slept in my car after working back to back 15-20 hour shifts. I have the many time card printouts to prove it! Gilead clams this – more... is the best package you can find. Well these people haven't worked anywhere else in alot of years, they are inexperienced in what is offered out there now a days. What good is having benefits when you cant even take time off to go to the dentist or doctors because if your not at work your missing deadlines which hold up production which equals loss of money. This place is cancerous and I was out of there before that cancer killed my relationship with my family. You can make money anywhere, this place is not the only place in the world to make a great living in. If you care about your family and your well being look for employment elsewhere. If you just care about making money this is a place for you. But let me tell you all the money in the world cant buy happiness. – less
Good Company, has it's flaws
QA (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: rapidly growing company, good benefits
Cons: no work life balance, poor management
The benefits and stock options here are great but the company culture and work life balance are pretty bad. Most employees are doing the work of 3 people and it is impossible to work just a normal 8 hours day. The workload is not only heavy but very demanding as alot of the work is very urgent.

The political nature of this company doesn't allow for quick progress unless a manager personally likes you. Promotions aren't based off of what you know or the work you put in, but instead on if that manager wants you to be promoted or likes you enough to do it.
great work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: great cafe
Cons: lack of advancement
Gilead is a great company to work for. It has very compassionate and positive people working there. The folks I supported were top notch and treated others with respect and understanding.
Great company to work for!
IT Research & Development Tech Intern (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome place, awesome people, what's not to love?
Cons: Nothing.
Great company to work for! I really enjoyed every part of my internship experience with Gilead! Working in IT for them gave me an opportunity to learn skills that I would not have gathered if I hadn't had an internship in the field.
Great company culture with large are for growth
Associate Manager (Contract), HIV Medical Affairs (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great company culture, management and compensation
Cons: Contract employee
Gilead was a great work experience for me, especially as my first major company. Management not only managed, but also did a good portion of the work which made myself and fellow employees feel as though it was a team effort. There were definitely opportunities for advancement and the compensation was good.
Great place to learn
Business Conduct Specialist I (FTE) (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: benefits and stock options
Cons: can use more staff
The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge it provided me. Although my workload was heavy and environment could be stressful, I never missed a deadline.
Very productive, very focused, doing two people's job for one
Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Job Security! Job Security! Job Security!
Cons: Long working hours, really hard work and difficult people to deal with or please. No work-life balance at all
Gilead is a great place to develop in your career and learn really fast. Depends on who your manager is, it can be a really great place to work (work hard) and learn. There is a very slow promotion process. Even if you ace your annual review every year, that could probably get you promoted in 4-5 years. The respect is a big issue at Gilead, although the culture is changing in the right direction.
Overview
Contractor (Current Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: collaborative environment
Cons: no work/life balance
Start up mentality in a larger company. Having growing pains, but doing well in the market. It's an exciting place to be, but they definitely need a stronger middle management layer to come in to take them to the next level.
Life saving products and good R&D in pipe line
Senior Territory Specialist HCV (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: specialty products
I call on Specialists and promote life saving products for the treatment of Hep C. I have learned a new entity in sales through this Biotech company with the promotion of my products. The most enjoyable part of my job is promoting a product that is life changing and life saving for patients.
Great company to work at with exceptional benefits and growth potential.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Gilead is a really good company with a great pipeline compared to other pharma companies out there. They have good benefits and the cafeteria is really good. Management always supported new ideas and encouraged thinking outside of the box. My co-workers at Gilead were very supportive and experts in their fields. The hardest part of my job was establishing a consistent work life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing my contributions impacted patients lives world wide.
work environment is very nice and flexible
Net Web Developer (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
excellent management
very nice immediate manager
good work culture
Extremely informative and productive job place
TECHNICAL LEAD/GRADUATE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Claremont, CANovember 1, 2014
I am working as a student consultant for Gilead sciences. I have came across very few people and companies as agile as Gilead.
Productive and fun place to work
Interim Northern European Team Lead (Former Employee), MiddlesexSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and fruit
Cons: long hours
It's all go from the moment you get into the office until you leave late into the evening.
Very difficult to achieve work/life balance because it is a very demanding and pressurising enviroment. But a fun place to work if you thrive in a fast pace environment.