Company Operating Name: Gilead Alberta ULC.
Company Background: Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of over 6,500 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 16 marketed products that are benefitting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Location Background: Gilead's manufacturing facility in Edmonton, Alberta, is responsible for the development and manufacturing of investigational drugs. We supply active pharmaceutical ingredients for clinical research programs and contribute supplies for new product launches.
We offer you the opportunity to work within a culture of highly motivated, talented individuals who are dedicated to the company's mission. Each job provides wide-ranging responsibilities due to our cross-functional organizational structure and leadership style, which ensures that everyone is engaged, committed and accountable.
We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to work together and support each other to help make a real difference in the lives of patients - people who thrive on performing well within a challenging and fast-paced environment, living our core values of Integrity (always doing the right thing), Teamwork (collaborating in good faith), Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability) and Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
Business & Mailing Address: 1021 Hayter Road, Edmonton, Alberta, T6S-1A1, Canada.
Contact Information: 780-701-6400 (phone); 780-472-8189 (facsimile).
Position Description: Gilead Alberta ULC in Edmonton, Alberta Canada is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual to assume the position of Sr. Research Scientist II in Gilead’s Analytical Development department. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for directing and executing scientific research for the development of drug candidates or the research support of marketed drugs.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying advanced principles and techniques of related scientific specialty to products and problems.
- Advances the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize substances, assays and tools.
- Plans, designs, implements and analyses laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or drug products.
- Directs Research Associates or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors.
- Works on a wide range of problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- May act as a spokesperson, internal consultant, or advisor to top management on corporate research and development direction.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent scientific communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 12+ years of industrial experience and PhD in Chemistry.
- BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
Compensation: $119,925.00 - 203,875.00 Annual Salary; Bonus; Comprehensive Benefits Package Included; RRSP Benefits; Additional Benefits. Relocation Package Provided.