Gildan

Gildan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed in the beginning....
Benefits Coordinator/Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee), Eden, NCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Often brought work home
Great bunch of people to work with. Very detailed work requiring accuracy in keeping spreadsheets regarding points and pay.
Wonderful co-workers and employees!
Great company to work for, great benefits
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Statesville, NCApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great team atmosphere, fun work enviroment, great pay and benefits
Cons: None
I've worked for Gildan for almost two years and it's one of, if not the best company I've ever worked for. The atmosphere is fantasitic and the pay/benefits are better than other comparable jobs in the area.
Easy Work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Eden, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: long breaks good benefits
Cons: boring
It was a okay job. My Co Workers were funny and easy to get along with. The job got boring because we would be walking around hours before to go because no work and I like to stay busy.
Accounting & Finance expertise
Cost Controller (Current Employee), HondurasFebruary 18, 2015
Great company with good benefits and extraordinay growth vision

Budget/Forecast Process
KPI
Shared Service
General Ledger
Accoounts Payables
Accounts Receivables
Payroll
What A JOKE !!!! really????
Material Handler, Warehouse Environment (Former Employee), Eden, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: on site security guards, usage of electronic photo id
Cons: human resources is totally untrustworthy at gildan, known for cheating employees hours, vacation days, recording points, never trust them with your fmla
Gildan in Eden, N.C. I thought was going to be possibly a chance personally for me to have an opportunity to further my knowledge and skills working within another warehouse environment different from my first experience, and to also allow me an open opportunity to work in a much larger warehouse overall by square feet, more usage of battery operated walkie riding, tow motor rc , and tall reach equipment, battery operated also and reaching at a greater height than normal RC tow motor. Also the warehouse is furnished with battery operated order pickers and very large in size Turret Trucks, battery operated as well the Turret is able to go safely all the way to G level in the warehouse, which counted in feet measured to over 151 feet high in certain locations throughout areas of the warehouse, where others it will not due to ceiling height. One must be very cautious and openly alert at all times while in restricted tunnel bay work areas, while possibly meeting another piece of equipment while on the same aisles in the warehouse while picking orders for shipping, or while placing inventory in the warehouse locations that has already been received, scanned, checked in and signed off on, then cleared to move from the receiving docks out within warehouse storage locations according to RF Scanner information after scanning inventory to be located in warehouse location. I began on 2008 on 3rd shift 7p-7a. At the time that I came in, shipments out per shift per night, the numbers expected were very high. There were several separate teams in shipping, each team a different task for each – more... truck that team loaded. Teams included two scanners to let both people scanning verify the correct number of cases and styles ordered were exactly what was located on the shipping dock. Extra cases were marked and thrown out for return to warehouse locations if not on shipping inventory. While the lines or walls of cases were being scanned, the two loaders prepared by stretching out beforehand, and placing needed repairing cases in a neutral location until those boxes could be reboxed and new labels. A walkie rider driver would then come to the shipping dock and await orders to go ahead and start lining up walls or rows to begin pushing into the trailer for the loaders to remove cases off the pallets and load onto the floor of the trailer. This process would continue all the way to wall of row 24 on the shipping, rows all clearly marked. Once all cases, including reboxed and relabeled cases are loaded onto the trailer, an airbag is placed, causing the cases side to side, top to bottom to become tight, making a well snug fit to prevent cases from tipping over, thus possibly damaging the cases and merchandise inside already paid for, or even tragically causing an extremely large and dangerous weight shift within the trailer, throwing the entire tractor trailer's center of balance off, causing damage to the trailer brakes and axels, and perhaps even breaking the fifth well behind the cab connecting the trailer to the cab causing possible jack knife , rollover, total loss of controls in tractor a Actually if you are someone who likes fast-paced and you are healthy, capable of a lot of hand,arm,shoulder,chest,entire full back,athletic legs,MUST HAVE HEALTHY FEET, DUE TO THE FLOORS. GOOD SHOES ARE A MUST AND YOU HAVE TO REPLACE NEW SHOES REGULAR AND SOMEWHAT OFTEN, IT IS A WAREHOUSE. – less
loved job before buyout
Quality Reporting/Chargeback Manager (Former Employee), newton, ncJanuary 18, 2015
good place to work only employees are not valued, too easy to be replaced, did not have job security because of so many buyouts and restructuring, loved my job before the buyout, but not so much after
Productive and Fun
Package Handler (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2014
Sometimes chaotic but always fun. It gets tedious but if u can focus and make it through the shift it will all be worth while
productive and good employees
Material handler (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 18, 2014
8 hour shift
good co-workers
being in the environment
good experiences
productive and advantageous work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Eden, NCOctober 24, 2014
gildan is a great place to work an average shift is 12 hours i learned forklift safety and how to operate them with effiecency the only downside is the traffic patterns for perdestrians and lift trucks if you get hired on full tyme the benefits are wonderful
Great
Data Entry Specialist/Assistant (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 29, 2014
Company with great workers and outstanding management. They care for their employees and acknowledge their needs.
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee), Wando, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: cheap items on certain days.
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work would have been long and busy. I've learned how to scanned items into the inventory. management were really cool as long as your doing the work told. Co- workers were hardworking individuals. The hardest part of the job was lifting etc. for 10 hours repeatedly. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get a big check.
great place to work enjoyed it very much
Picker (Former Employee), Eden, NCAugust 27, 2014
wasn't really to hard you have to be moving constantly which is a plus for me because I am always on the go
I wouldn't recommend it, to strict.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCJune 30, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: short breaks, little pay and to strict
Do to much work for little pay! You're not even allowed to leave work on your lunch break which is 20 minutes.
Warhouse
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 14, 2014
As a material handler at Gildan I operated a reach forklift in the storage department of the warhouse. I learned where to place pallets for others to pick up for storage and witch pallets to were ready for shipping. Management directed the work flow. I worked with other reach drivers to keep the 589 drivers moving. The hardest part of the job was knowing which 589 driver needed help because there was more of them then reach drivers. But this was solved by management calling us over to where the pick up was need. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse group of people.
Great job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 12, 2014
This was a great job, you basically got put where you was needed but it was a great learning experience. This was a very laid back job and very enjoyable.
Fun and Productive
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company for multiple reasons. I enjoyed the environment, i enjoyed the people that I worked with and the supervisors that were over the floor was really reasonable and helpful. I liked the way that they ran the floor and the way that they gave you the ability to broaden your horizon within the plant. They would allow you to learn how to do different things throughout the warehouse. I was allowed to learn how to place orders in the computer, check the orders, and be sure that the truck was being labeled and counted correctly. They gave you a chance to do what it was that you felt you were able to do to help you to possibly move up to a higher position.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, great healthcare
Cons: i do not really have a con, great company
A typical day at work would include pulling in orders electronically or manually, running order summaries for all of the retail accounts that I handle. I usually would drop one to two orders a day to our DC for shipment.
Management is always available for assistance with anything that I needed assistance with.
I have learned alot about retail account management and working closely with other "teammates".
The hardest and the most enjoyable thing about my job is satisfying the customer. Some customers are hard to please but I aim for more than satisfying the customer, I like to make them feel as if they are my only customer.
Prodcution
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great environment to work, Great Co-Workers, Great Benefits, Great Hours and good pay
Nice place to work
Packaging Buyer (Current Employee), Newton, NCJune 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be reviewing my emails for purchasing needs and then placing orders for those items. .
Productive and fun workplace with delivered lunch
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 22, 2013
-Very steady, continuous work
-First warehouse job;learned the basics of manufacturing
-Management was fair and dependable
-Co-workers were helpful in assisting
-Hardest part was the manual labor
-Most enjoyable part was the co-workers

About Gildan

For casual day, Gildan Activewear has you covered -- from top to bottom. It makes T-shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts, and golf shirts – Read more