Gilda’s Club Southeastern Ontario Volunteer Recruitment and Training Coordinator will develop, organize and supervise the organization’s volunteer recruitment and training program. The individual will relate to all Gilda’s Club audiences. The Volunteer Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Fundraising Coordinator in the development of our volunteer recruitment, training, retention and recognition program.
This is a part time contract ending no later than December 2013, working between 15 & 20 hours a week. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Priorities and Key Expectations
The Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to:
- Thoroughly understand and support the Gilda’s Club mission.
- Conduct outreach efforts to inform prospective new volunteers and enhance awareness of Gilda‘s Club Southeastern Ontario.
- Coordinate recruitment and supervision of volunteers to best address the mission of the organization.
- Facilitate volunteer orientations, and develop volunteer training materials and programs.
- Screen, interview and assign volunteer jobs to appropriate candidates based on experience, availability, interest and skills.
- Develop procedures and coordinate schedules so volunteer responsibilities are covered and substitutes are found when absences occur.
- Schedule and facilitate quarterly volunteer networking groups and annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Participate in community activities and clubhouse functions.
- Position is a part time contract ending no later than December 2013 and will include some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Minimum of two years managing and training volunteers.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and comfortable using social media.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding, compassion and commitment to the Gilda’s Club mission.
- Hard worker with a high energy level and willing to work flexible hours.
- Comfortable and energetic when speaking in public to recruit volunteers and members.
- Knowledge of local community, cancer support services, volunteers and organizations for outreach efforts is preferred.
- CPIC clearance
The Successful Candidate will be:
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, with professional demeanour, sound judgment and a great sense of humour.
- Dependable and timely in all job related activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all sensitive information, including volunteer records.
Indeed - 14 months ago