The shipper is responsible for the accurate shipping of products to customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspects and verifies carton counts and pallet counts against packing slips or other documents for accuracy prior to shipping.
- Offloads product from shipping belts in accordance with standard loading patterns and weight limits; verifies counts for accuracy and rejecting and reporting any damage.
- Creating and affixing shipping labels onto packed cartons using the Scan Code shipping system including the attachment of shipping instructions onto package.
- Clearly labels pallets being shipped via LTL carriers with carton count and pallet count.
- Wrap, weigh and label shipments in compliance with customer requirements and transport regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean production area by securing and transporting pallets and parcels to designated areas.
- Loads pallets onto LTL carriers using manual material handling equipment.
- Coordinates carrier pick up for orders and converse with drivers upon arrival.
- Process courier shipments.
- Process orders in Facetwin system.
- Provide shipment status notifications to customer service.
- Complies with Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Giftcraft’s Internal Health & Safety Policy by following standards, rules, and procedures. Reporting potential hazards and unsafe work conditions.
- One (1) year experience in a shipping/ receiving role.
- One (1) year experience with the safe operation of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) in a warehouse environment.
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, frequently reach with hands and arms, twist, bend frequently, stoop, squat, lift and carry up to 50 lbs (23 kg) on a continual basis.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety and WHMIS.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and shifts in order to meet changing business demands.
- Proficient computer skills are required to work with computerized forms and invoices and to create shipping labels.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills (both verbal and written in the English language) and ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a team, following a continuous improvement culture to meet the company’s objectives.
Indeed - 13 months ago