GIBSON ENERGY

GIBSON ENERGY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not bad place
Tridem Tanker Truck driver (Former Employee), Wabasca, ABApril 17, 2014
The environment was good, camp was ok, food pretty good. Lots of good people there and easy to get along with most people.
A diverse company that lets you grow in the direction you choose.
General Manager Terminal & Pipeline Operations (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: diverse, great benefits, supportive
Cons: very conservative
Over 20 years with Gibson, I progressed from a field engineer responsible for operational maintenance and project management up through business development, looking for new corporate business ventures, and ultimately to operations management. At no time did I feel that I was being subjected to repetitive, pigeon-hole type roles with the company. Always – more... something new to keep to days interesting. – less
Learned lots on the budgeting and management side of things.
PLANT MANAGER / LEAD OPERATOR (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: small town atmosphere
Cons: no support from higher ups.
Learned lots and started to facillities on my own, so gave me lots of confidence in my work. Did all the hiring for these two facilities. But very little support from head office.
Great Summer Job
Relief Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, great experience
I was employed here three consecutive summers, and each time I learned more about the business. The management was very good at understanding the needs of its employees.
loved the relationship with drivers, owner operaters, and perducers
Planner/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Evans, COAugust 8, 2014
Pros: worked 3/ 12 hour days on and 3 days off
Cons: no brakes or lunches
Gibson Energy was a good job that tough me a lot about the oil industry, But the constant change of operational managers really brings down the moral of everyone in the office, making it hard to want go to work.
good company
Driver for contractor. (Former Employee), Douglas, WYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: ability to set my own start time. i like to start early.
Cons: no insurance benefits. exhaust leak, exhaust fumes come into cab while using the engine brake.
Pre-trip the truck, receive orders from dispatch via the computer in the truck, drive to location, ground the truck via ground wire, chock wheels, take bucket of tools and climb stairs, gauge tank, hook up truck, open valves, engage pump, while truck is loading check trailer lights, tires, placards and structural integrity of tank. When I reach desired – more... quantity stop pump, close valves, unhook truck, gauge tank, fill out the run ticket and place ticket in mail box. Drive truck to LACT, ground truck, chock wheels, hook up truck, open valves, turn on pump, unload truck, place copy of run ticket in mail box, close valves, unhook truck, repeat 3 loads per day. return to shop, post trip truck. – less