Mentorship opportunity for an individual interested in pursuing an accounting designation. Position involves bookkeeping, review and analysis of client records, audits, working paper file preparation, taxation for both personal and corporate clients, non-profit reporting. Professional development is paid by the company. Reimbursement on successful completion of courses. Partnership opportunity once designation is achieved.
Gibson & Associates
Certified General Accountant
Gibson & Associates, CGA (hereafter referred to as “the Firm”)
General: The Staff Accountant will provide accounting duties for the Firm’s clients as well as other functions for the Firm.
Reports to: The Principal Partner
Qualifications: The position requires a 4th level CGA student with a business degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. The following is preferred:
- Education and/or practical experience in the preparation of:
- Review engagements
- Personal, corporate and ancillary taxes
- Estate tax work
- In depth knowledge of a variety of computer programs (Caseware, CanTax, Word, Excel, etc) as well as other accounting software packages (Simply, QuickBooks, etc)
- A proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- The ability to work in a demanding, multi-task environment with a minimum of supervision
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with coworkers and the public in a welcoming, helpful and professional manner
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Responsibilities: The Staff Accountant must ensure that absolute confidentiality of all Firm activities, contents of files and information received through any and all sources.
Duties: The Staff Accountant’s duties can be described by the following:
- Perform bookkeeping functions and compilations, review engagements, or reviews for the Firm’s clients as required and ensure that all transactions are handled in an accurate and timely fashion
- Prepare client’s personal, corporate and ancillary taxes as necessary accurately and in a timely fashion
- Prepare client’s Government remittances as necessary in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure all client payroll transactions and functions are performed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure that accurate records of the activity and time spent on a company’s file are kept.
2. Administration: Assist in the administrative functions of the Firm. Duties include:
- Representing the Firm at external functions as needed
- Assisting in the planning, organizing and execution of activities, events and promotions deemed to benefit the Firm as requested
- Assisting in the dissemination of pertinent information to the Firm’s personnel, clients and other interested individuals as needed
- Providing support to employees as required.
3. Other duties: As may be assigned.
Interdependencies: The Staff Accountant will maintain a friendly and professional working relationship with:
- The Partner(s) of the Firm
- All staff of the Firm
- The Firm’s clients
- The general public