Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with the staff there.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
Duties Include:
Stocking shelves
Maintaining an overall clean & tidy appearance in the store
Assisting customers in locating products
Assisting with receiving shipments including unloading and unpacking of merchandise
Collect & organize shopping carts from the store parking lot
Good student job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 March 2017
Worked here for 3yrs as a student. Went from a stocker to supervisor in a short time as a student. Learned valuable job competencies to further my self for other jobs. Flexible with school and good management. Min. wage job but as a student no complaints ever.
Great co workers, terrible management
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 March 2017
Managers need updated training on how to handle certain situations. They are all about making money, not about the employees or customers. The customers are great.
Pros
co workers are fantastic people
Cons
Managers don't care, not many hours each week because it cuts into the managers bonuses.
Fun and pleasant workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 March 2017
The staff and workplace was great, everybody was always happy and there were many things to do throughout the day without it becoming mundane. People were very nice to work with daily.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Fun, family-like store
Part-time 2 shifts per week (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 March 2017
At this job, I learned different human interaction skills, I learned more than just job oriented skills, including self- confidence, independence, and how to work with others. My workplace was a safe, family- friendly facility that helps students like me, receive their first job, which overall helps better their future and give them experience.
Pros
great facility, up to date programs
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
everyone is so welcoming at Giant Tiger, and I loved working with everyone there. If I had the chance I would defiantly go back with them............
Pros
free lunches
Cons
having to leave
Great work environment with friendly people
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON10 March 2017
An enjoyable place to work, a large variety of tasks to accomplish that allow you to go at your own pace and feel a sense of accomplishment for completing each one. The friendly staff and overall positive work environment made it a great place to be.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
had to work most weekends
Friendly staff
Soft goods Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2017
cashier
fashion department
to stay on task and get things done
costumer service
excellent workplace
hardest part was getting things done efficiently
Pros
easy job
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable Experience
Self-Advocates Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 March 2017
An Enjoyable Experience Indeed

Management are flexible and easy to get along with.

If you have a good enough reason for being late, your supervisor will go easy on you.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Too short hours for some
excellent workplace and welcoming people
Cashier and sales floor associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 March 2017
The breaks were good, co- operation was important, co-workers got along, the expectations on you job tasks were just right and there are chances for recognition on you hard work
Pros
hour long lunches
Cons
hard to book off days
fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 March 2017
start at 6 am trucks arrive skies are put on the floor. Then we start to put stock on the shelves. That is for Health and Beauty and Pets section.Then make sure all stock is out labeled and prices are right
When we finish we go to next department and help them..
management is not very good
Grocery associate- Stocked (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON24 February 2017
while the work itself was fine, management was not. often either having too many people working one day then not enough the next. they also were very short tempered and when workers asked for dates off it would be unusual to get said dates off without hassle. i only worked here for 4 months but saw over 6 people quit and i was constantly training new people shortly after i was trained.since i left i have heard that many of the managers have been fired so hopefully better things can come from giant tiger st thomas.
Pros
lots of shifts
Cons
bad management
Good Company
PURCHASER/BUYER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2017
Good work placement and an enjoyable job. Good bonuses and learned lots. Management worked with me. I learned lots about different departments in the retail store. Hardest part of the job was having numerous deliveries and being short staffed.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Lot of young staff phoning in
Productive and fun workplace
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON9 February 2017
A Typical day at Giant Tiger, show up on time unload grocery skids and face at the store at the end of the night. Very simple job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not busy
busy
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON9 February 2017
my supervisor was great the people were great to work with. the hours were good and it was well organized. I like workin customer service jobs they are a fun place to work .
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay
awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON1 February 2017
Amazing co-workers and great customers to work with. loved the job and would have stayed if they had an opening but I was a seasonal employee. Have nothing negative to say about this place
Pros
people are amazing there
Cons
couldn't stay
Its a decent job to hold
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2017
in my opinion the day to day life of a Giant Tiger employee is not the most gracious way to get through life, but at the same time it isn't the worst either. my shifts from week to week stay the same, two split shifts but mostly mornings. as of currently i am the only grocery employee who deals with the sorting of every truck load of groceries brought into the store. i work 6 days a week which i don't mind but somehow i don't have full time hours that's a bit of a downfall. Managers seem to listen to a very select group of employee on the topic of changes to certain ways we can accomplish our goal, also managers seem to try and cut corners instead of fixing the problem properly to try and save a dime.
Pros
store discount is a plus
Cons
knowing that its not being done right but not being heard
A nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2017
It was a nice place to work at it was well maintained and also the managers and co-workers were really friendly and also helpful.
nice people to work for
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON25 January 2017
No benefits, not enough hrs, management was good, setting up displays were very time consuming and hard to do at times , no chance for advancement
Pros
prizes given at xmas time
Cons
not enough hrs
Great staff and good location
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK19 January 2017
A typical day for me at this job was either unloading a truck or refilling shelves in the store and helping customers with some of their problems if any ever came up. What i learned at this job was facing procedures and time management. I also learned about how to take temperature readings in the freezers and how to rotate product to ensure that customers got the best.

Management there was ok but at times i felt like i was not being heard enough and that was a bit frustrating. The hardest part of my job was the bending and shifting of my movements because i was dealing with major health issues. The most enjoyable however was dealing with the customers that came in everyday, i really enjoy working with people. I have been told that i have exceptional customer service skills.
Pros
Monthly raises
Cons
Short Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Tiger. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval