Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 June 2017
Giant Tiger was a great first work experience I learn a lot about myself there. I learned many different skills and my co-workers were great. The customers were great to very understanding.
Busy but productive days as Supervisor
Supervisor and Authorizer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 June 2017
Day's at Giant Tiger were always busy and unpredictable. As an employee I learned many management skills as Supervisor such as interpersonal communication skills, adapting to pressure, maintaining a professional image during conflicts, problem solving skills, tracking and recording inventory, setting tasks and meeting deadlines, processing transactions efficiently and effectively and maintaining a clean atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my day was resolving problems and bringing fourth customer satisfaction by showing loyalty and respect.
Pros
Clean enviornment, friendly employees, good management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 June 2017
Cleaning up workarea
Providing costumers with customer service
the hardest part of the job was trying to explain why certain items that looked the exact same were different prices
So-called "Family environment"
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 May 2017
• Giant Tiger does not accommodate an employees physical or mental limitations
• Workers are given zero trust (Bags and belonging s are checked upon departure)
• Proper training is not provided for employees
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
The people are fake
Carleton place GT have the best staff and management
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON25 May 2017
I absolutely loved working at GT in CP. The staff and management are excellent and very understanding. The owner Ray is the best. It's just a shame that I couldn't do the 45 minute commute anymore. They were and still is my GT family.
Pros
Fun staff days
Cons
The 45 minute commute
Great place to work.
Retail, customer service, stocked shelves (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON24 May 2017
I had an amazing experience at Giant Tiger. I wish the hours were flexible to return though. :D The staff and management were amazing to work with and always eager to help.
Fairly good place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 May 2017
Friendly staff who are all very welcoming and treat other employees like family. Great location and works well with student hours. They can improve on following requests and not forgetting or messing up shifts but overall great place
Pros
Store discount, great employees
Cons
Not enough shifts, bad scheduling
easy to get along workplace
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS22 May 2017
easy to get along with other employees with little confrontation, not much opportunity for advancement in position unless a management position opens up
Fun and enjoyable
Sales associate/ shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 May 2017
It was a very good place to work and just wish there was a way to be transferred and wish there was one in corner brook and the staff is wonderful and understanding
good place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2017
i would show up for work with a smile and my coworkers were all really friendly to both the people that came in and for those who are new to there work
Pros
discounts
Cons
no cons
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
The manager of this establishment was excellent. I found myself in a situation and he offered to help.Great place to work, friendly environment and great staff
Exciting Workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS3 May 2017
I was one of the first cashiers working at the Sackville Giant Tiger. It was an exciting experience to be there for the grand opening. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and bonding with customers.
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sutton, ON2 May 2017
Working at Giant Tiger is very fun and interesting. The other employees are nice and are very easy to work with. Switching a shift is very easy and other co-workers are very understanding, As long as you let a supervisor know.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Customer Service
First and Only Job
Department Head/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 April 2017
This has been the first and only company I've worked for and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoy everyone I work with, making my day that much easier. We start by unloading the trucks, putting out our usual stock and finding spaces for new stock going on sale in the new flyer. The management team at my job is fantastic. Easy to get along with, very approachable for anything.
Pros
Staff Contests
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON20 April 2017
My boss was always very considerate to everyones schedules and personal needs. If there was ever an issue between employees it was always delt with very proffesionaly. very great place to work
Productive and fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK18 April 2017
It was fun and the people there were very nice to work with, very helpful and respectful. The hourly pay wasnt in my interest, but the co workers were good people. They were somewhat clean. The manager wasnt very talkative and polite looking.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Not long enough hours
Not bad but not good
Store Set Up (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 April 2017
Good work environment, bad management, very laid back work environment, no communication between corporate and employees Do not appreciate good staff.
Good coworkers and responsibilites
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON18 April 2017
Working at Giant Tiger was a nice starter job. Not too many responsibilities to overwhelm you but enough that you were always busy. Nice coworkers and customers were always friendly as well.
Pros
Good hours, reasonable pay, nice benefits
Cons
if not a starter job minimum wage is not very good
Enjoyable Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
this company was a great one to work for, everyday working there was enjoyable. the management was supportive in teaching you things you were interested to learn about to further your knowledge about the company. You would be able to grow even more if you had knowledge in French and English both. It was amazing company to work for.
Pros
enjoyabe work environment
Cons
n/a
Retail sucks no matter where you are
Cashier, customer service, stock maintenance (Former Employee) –  Acton, ON13 April 2017
Customers are often rude, the managers are on a weird power trip, cashiers are expected to do everything perfectly every time while the people who work in the back are pretty much just required to show up. Also it is not a very accommodating work place when it comes to management (maybe i just had bad luck), but the owner was a great guy and is very receptive to complaints.