Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place great people
STORE CLERK (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: hours sometimes messy
first job loved it worked with many great people and learned may great things to further my career
Typical
Retail Associate/Back up Cashier (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 26, 2014
Stocking shelves, assisting customers and being a back up cashier.
Good Place to start out
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2014
I've worked for Giant Tiger since I started in the work field, and its taught me a lot about the work industry, I've learned a lot of things I can carry on with me throughout my life as well. Good people to work with as well. Family Environment.
Fun work place, Good culture.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2014
The most enjoyable thing about working there is, the customer... They made my day just making there's.
I enjoyed my time their.
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2014
most the co-workers kept to them selves. the customers where usually great to deal with.
Positive, fun and co operative working Tiger family.
Part- time Cashier and Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 14, 2014
I have been working with Giant Tiger for over a year now and I can say that no two days have ever been the same. A typical day at work would consist of making sure everything is organized and in its right place; having the chance to interact and get to know our customers to help serve them better; and as well as interacting with the employees to work – more... closely as a team. The one thing I learned from working here is that there is that everyone has their own abilities and learning those abilities makes a better working crew. The management and co workers were people whom I really enjoyed working with. They all provided a a welcoming working environment. The hardest part of the job was having situations where some customers were being very rude and harsh; yet at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job was having the chance to help customers whom were the opposite. – less
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: long hours low pay
I did learned new way of dealing with people
Deal with orders
Help people with what they need
had alot of fun working there
Retail Sales (Former Employee), chatham, ONApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work , was helping customers find the stuff that they were looking for , restocking, co-workers were fun and good to talk to, management was also great.
not the greatest
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 18, 2014
staff was very nice but alot of the management were not as welcoming, work was not very enjoyable more of just income not something i could do my wole life
A fun safe atmosphere...
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: routine
Cons: crowded store
A typical day at work was sweeping the parking lot in the morning, then stocking shelves or compressing cardboard, finally doing carts, or dealing with garbage. I also would listen to customers and give them what they want. For example where is this item located.

I learned that it takes time to complete a task and patience.

Management was very pleasant – more... and compassionate.

My co-workers were friendly and good at giving direction. I like leaders.

The hardest part of the job was when their was an angry customer. I had to be in a calm frame of mind to deal with him or her.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a very long and hard task. Like for example I started work there and on the first day I had to stock a shelf of cans, it took 3 hours to do and I was very relieved when it was done. – less
A wonderful and friendly work enviroment.
Store Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 31, 2014
I have enjoyed working for this company for the past 2 years, and I very much enjoy the room to grow and opportunities for advancement. I currently hold the title of Store manager, and I truly enjoy my job.
Great Atmosphere, little flexibility.
Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: employee discount, employee promotions
Cons: flexible shifts
Was unable to get shifts that worked around my schooling causing me to decide between the two. Other than that it was a great job.
Very positive atmosphere, great part time job.
Weekend Manager (Current Employee), Perth, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: the staff, customers and the hours of work
Cons: heavy lifting
My typical day at work consists of Unpacking and hanging/ ticketing clothing, doing cashes, and stocking shelves.
I have learned how to close and open the store, do cash balancing, order stock, and work a cash register.
Management at Giant Tiger is excellent. Managers are very well liked and know exactly how to do their jobs. They are very understanding – more... and thoughtful people.
My co- workers are very fun, energetic people who make working at Giant Tiger a very enjoyable place to work. They are very inclusive people and I enjoy all of their company.
The hardest part of the job is simply just lifting the boxes of food, some are very heavy but other then that Giant Tiger was a very easy and enjoyable place to work.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the staff members and getting to work with people who are considered friends. It wasn't considered work any more, rather a fun place to learn from. – less
Fun and Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at work included constant interaction with customers and providing friendly help
Productive and family workplace
Retail (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: always doing something different
Cons: hours cut, shifts all over the place
- cashier
- working customer service
- dealing with customers
- learned merchandising
- learned about tobacco how to sell and handle
- doing returns
- one of the hardest parts would be trying everything to please unhappy customers, complaints, so on.
- feeling satisfied when the customer leaves happy, and merchandising the store to make it customer – more... friendly, and easy to shop – less
nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 7, 2014
Nice place to work seasonally but more closed off then most retail chains
always busy and fun
Cashier/FT Seasonal Department (Former Employee), cambridge, onMarch 7, 2014
you always had something to do at work, the employees and great friends still and customers were always a treat to meet
Productive and a great work Staff
SALES (Former Employee), Embrun, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: shift work and weekend
Start off with restocking merchandise, and maintaining the dept. insuring product availability, greet and assist customers. Had a great team of co-workers, we worked planograms and set ups at times when needed.
Hardest part of the job was the hours, shift work is hard on the family life when you have children. there are time where you go a day and half – more... before you able to spend real time with your kids
the best part of this job was working with my co-workers, they were a strong and positive team. everyone was helpful when needed, and I would work with them knowing we'd have a successful day – less
...
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: dramatic hour cuts. horrible annual raises
The job offer terrific hours during peak season but when the season ends hours drop dramaticly and you are vertually making nothing.You also get experience in all departments which is great for your resume. Perfect job for students but wouldn't recommend it for a single parent or independent person with bills and responsibilities.
Employee in st.catharines
customer service in department (Current Employee), st.catharinesMarch 4, 2014
Management is horrible. It is like high school. Each manager is double standard. Owner is not great with employees. You can do anything and call in five mins before shift or do a no show still keep a job. Never worked in a un organized company. Department managers socialize in back when staff needs help.