Giant Tiger Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaglaryJune 15, 2016
Giant tiger is a fun place to work, there is a steady flow of customers which allows for rest and relaxation. The employees are fun and caring individuals who all aspire to make you feel welcome at home. Giant tiger is a great place to work.
working style
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MBJune 4, 2016
I learned about accounting, Invoices, Vendors, Making payments, working style in stores. Totally a learning experince.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
They had special season when they visit their home country
Productive Workplace
Customer Service/ Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
Giant Tiger is a enjoyable workplace with supportive management. I learn new things each and everyday I work there. I get a long with my co-workers very well. Each and every one of my co-workers are friendly and supportive. I enjoy talking to customers and helping them with what they need. I am always happy while working at Giant Tiger.
Great ecperiene in retail
Sales & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2016
As a teenager it was a great way to gain experience in the work-field. It was a well-organized company which respected all our rights and treated us equally.
Fun place to work
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at this store.My co-workers were all very supportive. The pay was not great cause it's retail and retail does not pay very good wages.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pay was no good
First employment as a student
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Dover, ONMay 3, 2016
Ordering inventory when needed
High-school part time employment for nearly 7 years
very fast
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 16, 2016
i was only here temporarily but i had lauds of fun working here it was very great on teaching lessons and it was for a co op program when i was in high school
Pros
good company
Cons
to dark in the warehouse
Nice company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2016
All good things. The management are respectfull. There not afraid to give you a chance to see what you can do. Lots of fun working in receiving area.
i worked here as a coop student
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ONJune 27, 2016
i would stock the shelves with the products like: produce, dairy, and general needs supplies. sometimes changed prices swept the parking lot
Productive workplace, friendly and very fun.
Cashier and Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Nova ScotiaApril 19, 2015
Working at Giant Tiger any day is a fun, fast-paced and full experience. There's never a lack of activity and there's always a customer happy to see a smiling face.

I was given many chances to learn and perform the duties from the other departments, and I was trained almost immediately for customer service. Having this training made any day a full one with lots to do.

Management are friendly and very outgoing, and the other employees were fantastic to work with. The store has a very good bond between its workers, like family.

The best part of the job is meeting all kinds of nice people each and every day. It's a very rewarding experience to hear how much everyone loves the store.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all of the community and company promotions and making sure I was up to date on everything each day, especially when we had a couple going on at one time.

Overall it was a great experience.
Pros
Discounts on products, friendly staff
Cons
Inconsistent hours
amazing work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2016
I worked at Giant Tiger during the summer (2014) and it was the best place I ever worked, everyone was so nice and friendly and I had no problems at all.
A fun, team work atmosphere with kind staff and happy customers.
Cash, Customer Service, Stock, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 4, 2016
My experience at Giant Tiger has helped me improve my customer service skills, greatly. The team work abilities and comunication skills were very helpful in the workplace and i have learned a lot.
good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MBMay 31, 2016
nice to a job with giant tiger
learn so many new things which are good for success
good management
good co workers
enjoy a day when work with my duty
Fun Workplace
Fashion Department Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 2, 2016
A lot of the employees I worked with were very kind. I gained people, independence, and organization skill from working here.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 14, 2016
Giant Tiger was overall a fun place to work at the fellow employees were great to work with, they were very flexible and it was always a joy going into work!
Was a new experience
Stock girl (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsSeptember 23, 2015
Had a great time learning the world of department store working with a great group of employees. The hardest part of the job was in the first week learning too much in too little of time to really know what it was you were learning. The management team was great and very understanding. The easy part of the job was cash.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Too many tourists
fast moving enviornment
Back up Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  winnipeg manitobaSeptember 16, 2015
My day started out working the cash register and stalking shelf's
I learned how to deal with costumers. Management wasn't the greatest there. my co-workers were great nothing but great attitudes
I think the hardest part of the job was stalking shelf's because the things were sometimes heavy, other then that it was a good experience for a job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough breaks
Depends on personality
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 30, 2015
I worked there for 4 years as a cash supervisor and in my opinion its a great job for people just starting out in retail or for students with a busy schedule but its not something I seen my self continuing long term. there were a few problems with employee and attitude but every store has a different owner and operates slightly differently so you cant blame the franchise.
Pros
good discounts, friendly customers.
Cons
certain employees at the location i worked at specifically
good on some level
Head Department of Visual (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2016
If it was manage by a different owner, the staff would not be senior and that my contract wouldn't of been renewed I would deffinently stay.

The company is a good company to work for.
Friendly and exciting place to work
Stock person/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Porcupine, ONSeptember 17, 2015
This was a great place to work with great people and under respectful and understanding management. a typical day at work would include stocking the shelves, cashing the customers out and cleaning the whole store from shift start to finish.
Pros
Frequent breaks