Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

I got to learn alot of new things well working for Giant Tiger
Cashier/Stocking Shelf's/ Dressing Room/Returns (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 May 2016
A typical day at work was a learning experience and challenging. I learned how to stalk the shelves, work in the clothing area and dressing room, I also learned how to work the cash using cash, debit, credit cards and do returns. I also learned how to work as a group member to satisfy the customers needs and wants. Working with the management and co-workers made my day all that much easier. The hardest part of the job was working under pressure, but I learned to just take a deep breath and do the best that I can. I really enjoyed working at Giant Tiger because I was able to learn new things on a regular basis.
Pros
The pros was the management and co-workers
Cons
I honestly can not thik of any cons working at Giant Tiger I really enjoyed working there
Productive and great work place with great co workers and managment
Cashier/Stocking Shelf's/ Dressing Room/Returns (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2016
I really enjoyed working for Giant Tiger, it was great team member that made it easier for a work day. I learned how to do returns, guiding customers to changing room and helping them to make decisions. I had learned the codes for the clothing to know what section it went to. The manager made it easy to work there, they are great people. The workers there was also great people to work with, we worked well as team members to get the job done. I can not remember many hard parts of the job, but one of the hard things was when it got busy and to try and cash people out in a timely manner. But I would just have to stop and breath and realise that I can get through it. The most enjoyable part of the job was my manager and co workers. They made it a happy place to work
Productive & Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 November 2016
Had a great time working at Giant Tiger. the associates were really helpful when you were in need of assistance completing a task.
Yes it is a fun workplace
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2016
It was fun to work at giant tiger but I wish they could of hired me for full time they that ok I work now at Perkins for 2 days week looking for full time work
Fun Workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Caglary15 June 2016
Giant tiger is a fun place to work, there is a steady flow of customers which allows for rest and relaxation. The employees are fun and caring individuals who all aspire to make you feel welcome at home. Giant tiger is a great place to work.
Great ecperiene in retail
Sales & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2016
As a teenager it was a great way to gain experience in the work-field. It was a well-organized company which respected all our rights and treated us equally.
First job
FASHION FLOOR (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 May 2016
With Giant tiger being my first job I was nervous when I first started. The Mangers were very patient with me while I was still learning how the company worked. I really enjoyed working with the different customers and helping them find something they would love to wear.
they are an up beat places to work
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2016
I would get there and go in and a truck would come sortly after and then I would help with that and start putting things out on the floor that need to be put out there.
Nice place to work, but still too similiar to other retail issues
Set Up (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NS20 June 2016
First let me give some info. I was hired for store set up and during the grand opening period. The tasks I did day by day varied including setting up and putting together pins, shelves, etc, up until grand opening, during which I handled cart retrieval and odd jobs. Great co-workers, nice and polite, same for the manager too. However, it, like many other retail chains, falls into the same hiring rut. Rating everyone on and forcing people to get to maintain rather high speeds of work which to a good chunk of people is unnatural and for some unobtainable. Especially when your finished what your assigned to do and there's no clear indication of what your supposed to do next. If you are gonna work here or others such as Walmart, Superstore, Sobey's, make sure you can reach and maintain that speed and maintain the quality of service. If not, I would advise you to look elsewhere.
Pros
Great higher ups, friendly, very accomaditing of needs
Cons
High required speed of service, required to do work even when there is literally none
Productive job very fun staff and management.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Giant Tiger the work was plentiful and the staff was excellent to work with. I recommend this job to anyone and would definitely return if I was to move back to the city. The management are great people always there to help with problems and assist in work projects.
Pros
Laid back good company good benefits bonuses and hours with excellent breaks in between
productive fast paced workplace at times.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON17 March 2016
In my opinion a typical work day at my previous job was that it was a good establishment with good hard working people. i learned a lot of things to do with retail and customer service. management was good i believe i could have a little more training at the beginning but i learned quick and had amazing co-workers to help me along. I think the hardest part of my job was organizing and cleaning the sales floor, everything would be in different spots from customers moving it around so you would have to go look around the store and put everything back to where it needed to be, Not hard so much as just frustrating. The most Enjoyable part of my day was assisting the customers, helping them and talking to them made my day better and you get to see a lot of friendly faces .
Pros
i got a lot of hours
Cons
very very busy during christmas
working style
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB4 June 2016
I learned about accounting, Invoices, Vendors, Making payments, working style in stores. Totally a learning experince.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
They had special season when they visit their home country
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2016
I enjoyed working at this store.My co-workers were all very supportive. The pay was not great cause it's retail and retail does not pay very good wages.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pay was no good
i worked here as a coop student
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON27 June 2016
i would stock the shelves with the products like: produce, dairy, and general needs supplies. sometimes changed prices swept the parking lot
Great place to work!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2016
In the brief time I've worked at Giant Tiger I've learned how to broaden my skill sets, step out of my comfort zone, embrace and overcome new challenges on a daily basis. With a friendly and welcoming staff and management team, it's never a dull moment. I'm very privileged to be a Giant Tiger employee :).
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Hours could be longer
Nice company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2016
All good things. The management are respectfull. There not afraid to give you a chance to see what you can do. Lots of fun working in receiving area.
Great starting job to gain experience.
Cashier/Customer Service, Fashion Retailer (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK2 February 2016
At Giant Tiger, it can be a stressful job if you are unaware of the possible altercations that can arise. My coworkers were extremely friendly and hardworking for the most part and we were able to get our tasks done with time to spare. The management team does need some work due to their lack of respect for workers and abundance of sarcasm when confronted with work related issues. For students and part time workers, this job is a great starter and will give much life experience. The most difficult part of the job is learning how to handle the large amount of disrespect received by customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the other employees and being able to befriend them.
very fast
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2016
i was only here temporarily but i had lauds of fun working here it was very great on teaching lessons and it was for a co op program when i was in high school
Pros
good company
Cons
to dark in the warehouse
First employment as a student
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Dover, ON3 May 2016
Typical workday included:
Maintaining inventory levels
Assisting customers
Working with cash
Ordering inventory when needed
High-school part time employment for nearly 7 years
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 January 2016
I've had jobs in the past that I dreaded getting up to go to but they paid the bills. Giant Tiger is a place I can see myself reapplying at in the future and I would still be there if it weren't for the fact that I was only a seasonal hire. I was happy to get up, even on the coldest mornings to go to work. The staff made me feel welcome and the customers were great.
The only hard thing about any retail job is dealing with difficult customers but the supervisors and managers were fantastic and were always there to lend a hand when it was needed.