Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaglaryJune 15, 2016
Giant tiger is a fun place to work, there is a steady flow of customers which allows for rest and relaxation. The employees are fun and caring individuals who all aspire to make you feel welcome at home. Giant tiger is a great place to work.
Great ecperiene in retail
Sales & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2016
As a teenager it was a great way to gain experience in the work-field. It was a well-organized company which respected all our rights and treated us equally.
they are an up beat places to work
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2016
I would get there and go in and a truck would come sortly after and then I would help with that and start putting things out on the floor that need to be put out there.
First job
FASHION FLOOR (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 10, 2016
With Giant tiger being my first job I was nervous when I first started. The Mangers were very patient with me while I was still learning how the company worked. I really enjoyed working with the different customers and helping them find something they would love to wear.
working style
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MBJune 4, 2016
I learned about accounting, Invoices, Vendors, Making payments, working style in stores. Totally a learning experince.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
They had special season when they visit their home country
i worked here as a coop student
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ONJune 27, 2016
i would stock the shelves with the products like: produce, dairy, and general needs supplies. sometimes changed prices swept the parking lot
Nice company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2016
All good things. The management are respectfull. There not afraid to give you a chance to see what you can do. Lots of fun working in receiving area.
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at this store.My co-workers were all very supportive. The pay was not great cause it's retail and retail does not pay very good wages.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pay was no good
Interesting Company
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 7, 2016
Typical shift - front end cash, restocking shelves
Good management team
Co-workers are friendly
Hardest part of job - standing for long periods
Most enjoyable part of job - customer interaction
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Softgoods Supervisor
Softgoods Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laurier, ONAugust 26, 2014
With each day came new ways to try and improve the impact my department made on the customers. Featuring high profit items. Relocating for better visibility. Marking down items and products that generate no profit. I learned how to actively ensure all customers get the attention required to fulfill their shopping experience. I worked hand and hand with the management in ensuring all staff respected all the codes and methods of retail and customer service. My co-workers and I all worked great as a team or individual. I personally trained several to ensure the companies needs were always met. The hardest part of the job was never being able to stop in the middle or new processes or displays. I was totally dedicated and gave more then my 100% at all time. The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly meeting new people and seeing them always leave happy and satisfied.
Pros
fast paced, customer service, friendly co-workers
Cons
salary
Good place to work, freindly staff
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 10, 2014
I worked there just over a year and never had a problem with any of my co-workers or superiors. Booking time off for dental or medical appointments was never a problem and as easy as filling out one piece of paper. Being a retail establishment, the scheduling was very flexible, but part time staff typically were scheduled less than 16 hours per week, and only employees averaging more than 25 hours per week were eligible for benefits.

Mostly my job centred around stocking the shelves, doing cash, ensuring grocery stock was properly rotated both on the sales floor and in the back storage areas, and to verify deliveries, making sure to note deviations from the order (shortages or overages).
Pros
flexible part-time scheduling
Cons
short hours, no benefits
amazing work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2016
I worked at Giant Tiger during the summer (2014) and it was the best place I ever worked, everyone was so nice and friendly and I had no problems at all.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 19, 2016
I've had jobs in the past that I dreaded getting up to go to but they paid the bills. Giant Tiger is a place I can see myself reapplying at in the future and I would still be there if it weren't for the fact that I was only a seasonal hire. I was happy to get up, even on the coldest mornings to go to work. The staff made me feel welcome and the customers were great.
The only hard thing about any retail job is dealing with difficult customers but the supervisors and managers were fantastic and were always there to lend a hand when it was needed.
very fast
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 16, 2016
i was only here temporarily but i had lauds of fun working here it was very great on teaching lessons and it was for a co op program when i was in high school
Pros
good company
Cons
to dark in the warehouse
good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MBMay 31, 2016
nice to a job with giant tiger
learn so many new things which are good for success
good management
good co workers
enjoy a day when work with my duty
high expectation and low pay
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Head OfficeJuly 23, 2014
working at head office in a demanding understaffed atmosphere, the slack was expected to be picked up by the already existing staff.
not all management, but the management I worked under were very insecure and would often take this out on staff.
coaching did not exist
coworkers were decent but every man for themselves attitude
hardest part of the job: feeling like you did a good job
most enjoyable part of the job: going home
company itself has good benefits and a solid community attitude.
too bad it was not something that all departments believe in.
Pros
free lunches and family days/tournaments
Cons
everything else
First employment as a student
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Dover, ONMay 3, 2016
Ordering inventory when needed
High-school part time employment for nearly 7 years
Productive work setting
Cashier/Fashion (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 17, 2016
Lots of departments to work in which gave me diversity. Co-workers varied from moody to extremely nice although I personally never had an issue with anyone, Management were fair and nice.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of hours
A fun, team work atmosphere with kind staff and happy customers.
Cash, Customer Service, Stock, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 4, 2016
My experience at Giant Tiger has helped me improve my customer service skills, greatly. The team work abilities and comunication skills were very helpful in the workplace and i have learned a lot.
Fun Workplace
Fashion Department Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 2, 2016
A lot of the employees I worked with were very kind. I gained people, independence, and organization skill from working here.